Playing a mage is for the ones who don't want to think

How to play a mage:

1. Cast secrets to give you armor.

2. Cast "drawing cards" minions until you have your Flamestrikes, Fireballs and Pyroblasts. Play no other minions.

3. Wait until you have the mana to cast Fireballs and Piroblasts at your opponent. You actually don't have to pay attention to what is going on on the battlefield.

4. If you feel overwhelm by many creatures, cast Flamstrikes. If it happens again, do the same.

5. If you feel overwhelm by a single creature, transform it into a sheep. If it happens again, do the same.

6. If you're still waiting to rain fire on your oppenent's face, delay his attacks by freezing his minions. Do that as many times as possible.

7. Kill your opponent with a final Pyroblast, despite all his ingenious moves to counter this lame playstyle.

8. Start a new game and do exactly the same.
Edited by bearr on 1/16/2014 3:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
I find Priest to be more braindead than Mage, I don't care if people say "ogm bawt there nu gud preestz in ranked 5 and up"

Mage might be a better overall class, but playing Priest feels like just waiting, it's incredibly boring too.
Reply Quote
Thanks for helping Mage players to insult Blizzard who design this class.
Reply Quote
01/16/2014 03:15 AMPosted by PartyPhantom
I find Priest to be more braindead than Mage, I don't care if people say "ogm bawt there nu gud preestz in ranked 5 and up"

Mage might be a better overall class, but playing Priest feels like just waiting, it's incredibly boring too.

Is it? What are you waiting for?
Reply Quote
01/16/2014 03:15 AMPosted by PartyPhantom

I don't really know what you're on about. Priest's usually play at a slower pace because of the theme around health buffs, removal and hero power. Unless you're going for the cheesy high base health minion play = I win next turn if you don't kill this. I don't see what a priest would stall for.
Reply Quote
You mean mages win by casting spells? You don't say, do go on OP.
Reply Quote
If you're losing to mage, you should learn to play the game before complaining.
Reply Quote
01/16/2014 03:10 AMPosted by bearr

7. Kill your opponent with a final Pyroblast, despite all his ingenious moves to counter this lame playstyle.

This is my favorite part of these posts, people stroking their "ingenuity" in supposedly outplaying the mage and losing anyway to "OP" cards.

Hate to break it to you, but you're not a special snowflake and it's not like running a copy/paste minion deck is all that "ingenious."

Furthermore, I challenge you to actually play a mage the way you state here and have any sustained success. Oh but wait, now you're going to play the old chestnut about having too much dignity or self respect to play a mage, am I right?
Reply Quote
Calm down guys, I was mostly annoyed by a couple of mage bad beats.

I guess every class can feel broken when you get all your cards and the opponent doesn't.
Reply Quote
Yes, i felt similar when we played poker and my friend was getting AA like every 25 hands.. they are so OP we decided to play without them, because its just too OP
Reply Quote
This is coming from an OP who started posting this month. Probably only been playing since Dec.

I can promise you this play style doesn't make it up the ladder. Works against noobs, not against skilled players.

Mage has no chance of making it to Rank 1 right now, which suggests its not as OP as you say.

I've only been playing a few weeks and I can tell you this no longer works. Meta game is all mage killers right now...

I know because I've been trying to make it work, but it doesn't; current aggro decks from Pallys, Warlocks, and Priests will decimate you.

Mage is not viable until the meta changes.
Edited by GBM on 1/21/2014 12:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
mage is for babies
Reply Quote
The guy making a long post about how to be braindead is clearly the expert.

on braindead
Reply Quote
01/16/2014 03:10 AMPosted by bearr
How to play a mage:

1. Cast secrets to give you armor.

2. Cast "drawing cards" minions until you have your Flamestrikes, Fireballs and Pyroblasts. Play no other minions.

3. Wait until you have the mana to cast Fireballs and Piroblasts at your opponent. You actually don't have to pay attention to what is going on on the battlefield.

4. If you feel overwhelm by many creatures, cast Flamstrikes. If it happens again, do the same.

5. If you feel overwhelm by a single creature, transform it into a sheep. If it happens again, do the same.

6. If you're still waiting to rain fire on your oppenent's face, delay his attacks by freezing his minions. Do that as many times as possible.

8. Start a new game and do exactly the same.

Hahahahahaha this is just.....*bows down* awesome.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]