Beating Warlock Giants Decks

Heh... Someone upstairs might be trying to tell me something... I just opened a Molten Giant which makes the Warlock Giant deck a lot cheaper for me to craft than a, potential, counter deck...
Reply Quote
just faced 2 of these in a row, strifecro control is dead, it can't touch it.
Reply Quote
Would someone mind posting a decklist? A search for "Warlock Giants Deck" comes up with all kinds of different things.
Reply Quote
http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/warlock#43:2;94:2;122:2;153:2;264:2;332:1;360:2;372:2;482:1;500:2;525:1;529:2;542:2;557:2;573:2;647:2;673:1;

Something like this. There's a few interchangeable parts . Thalnos is not a must but helpful to boost your spells high enough to kill a few annoying minions. ( can be important for Shadowbolt / Soulfire because alot of time you need to deal 5 damage not 4 ) Drain Life is not a very good Spell but you really need heal and it's 2 , potentially 3 damage can help .

I personally don't have Thalnos and tried out a few things instead. ( Kobold Geomancer for spelldamage , Faceless Manipulator to create a copy of a giant or something nasty my opponent played and a few legendaries i have like Sylvanas ) .

I've also seen people run Leeroy , Cairne Bloodhoof and of course Alexstrasza for a second heal. Some people also like more than 1 Shadowflame but thats argueable . Twisting Nether could also be used in this kind of deck as an emergency boardclear and can still be combined with Molten Giants at low health.
Edited by Serp on 1/16/2014 6:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
everyone has copied that deck so sad people have no imagination
my last 3 games has been against this, won 1 lost 2 other , but really close with my hunter.
Edited by khadorian on 1/16/2014 6:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
As someone who has been playing several variations since November of the giants deck im quite sad to see as the poster above me says that alot of people clearly have no imagination and just reroll the flavour of the month deck, out of the 20 or so games i have had today about 14 have been variations of it, which as a long time giants player gives me the advantage knowing all the weaknesses
Reply Quote
I like my version better. Its stronger vers Druids and ok in mirror matches. this is the best meta decks going right now.
http://www.hearthhead.com/deck=18829/undead-giants

my stream where I stream this deck and others
http://www.twitch.tv/islandsteve
Reply Quote
01/16/2014 06:50 PMPosted by Islandsteve
I like my version better. Its stronger vers Druids and ok in mirror matches. this is the best meta decks going right now.
http://www.hearthhead.com/deck=18829/undead-giants

my stream where I stream this deck and others
http://www.twitch.tv/islandsteve

Ahh yes i vsd you a few i think, now i know your setup :P
Edited by Brendanoz on 1/16/2014 6:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 07:02 AMPosted by Nemesiso
Dont count on paladin countering WGC (warlock giant combo is a bit long), since they got some decent rush and u cant really save all the equality and stuff for the end game...

I have a really good paladine deck and its a 50/50 vs WCG, that early 2 ancient watcher+sunfury kills alot of momentum, going into 1 or 2 drakes with again sunfury/argus, finshing it off with all the giants in the world and possibly jarax...

unbelievble combo is to molten giant into jarax at 10health :/
it's beatble but it just feels like you playing vs somthing too strong...

I play WGC heavily and Palas are very hard to deal with. No WGC do not have any rush in it. If they do they do not count as a WGC >.<

Early 2 ancient watcher+sunfury is very hard to play. It need lots of turn/mana and watchers can't attack, drakes are very easily silenced and giant, well your pala all my giants go to 1/8 as soon as I play them. With amount of heals you can get palas are one of the hardest match ups for WGC. Use divine shield mechanic agaist possible hellfire.
Reply Quote
01/16/2014 11:49 PMPosted by Drops
Dont count on paladin countering WGC (warlock giant combo is a bit long), since they got some decent rush and u cant really save all the equality and stuff for the end game...

I have a really good paladine deck and its a 50/50 vs WCG, that early 2 ancient watcher+sunfury kills alot of momentum, going into 1 or 2 drakes with again sunfury/argus, finshing it off with all the giants in the world and possibly jarax...

unbelievble combo is to molten giant into jarax at 10health :/
it's beatble but it just feels like you playing vs somthing too strong...

I play WGC heavily and Palas are very hard to deal with. No WGC do not have any rush in it. If they do they do not count as a WGC >.<

Early 2 ancient watcher+sunfury is very hard to play. It need lots of turn/mana and watchers can't attack, drakes are very easily silenced and giant, well your pala all my giants go to 1/8 as soon as I play them. With amount of heals you can get palas are one of the hardest match ups for WGC. Use divine shield mechanic agaist possible hellfire.

you can owl silence your watchers so they can attack, you can also silence your giants so they have 8 attack again
Reply Quote
01/17/2014 01:40 AMPosted by Brendanoz
you can owl silence your watchers so they can attack, you can also silence your giants so they have 8 attack again

Ofc I can. I do have only two silence and I sometimes you need silence for enemy minion.
Its not like silence will win you a game.

I am not saying it is impossible to win against Palas but I believe its one of the hardest match ups for Giant Lock (not counting rush - but we need some time for people to figure out meta)
Reply Quote
Paladins can counter Warlock Giants quite easily.
Turn 4 giant? Meet peacekeeper. Enjoy your new 1/8.
Turn 5-6 giant + taunt combo? Meet equality and paladin token.
Twilight drake? Hello spellbreaker.
Fill in the middle with stuff like harvest golem & they have a very annoying time getting their giants off the ground.
Reply Quote
I am Paladin and warlock crushes me with this deck

it is unbeatable as paladin unless you get very lucky

salvaons,big game hunter, equality, faceless

nothing helps because they have too many big cards and taunts with 9 hp

you kill all in 1 turn, next turn they will get 2 more

another broken warlock deck, awesome.
Edited by FragHunTer on 1/17/2014 3:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/17/2014 03:50 AMPosted by FragHunTer

There is exactly 4 big minions I have (4 Giants) I also tend to use Faceless and Drakes. Its not much.

This is You guys that wanted rush and mage nerfs and really those two counter my Giant Lock very well so why are you crying now ?

Try to play Giant Lock, it is very predictable to the point when you know that you face them you can tell what cards they will play each single turn.
Edited by Drops on 1/17/2014 4:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/17/2014 03:50 AMPosted by FragHunTer

you realise this deck has been around for a very long time, its just you have been to caught up on your old overpowered setup to realise it existed, now that there is some balance it gets to shine
Reply Quote
Yes, this deck has been around since Octoberish. However, it's only recently come to the forefront due to the shifting meta that has resulted from Blizzard's "balance." For example, an Aggro Mage could easily crush the Warlock Giants deck but the recent patch neutered Aggro Mage pretty harshly which reduces one of the Warlock Giants hard counters.

Another, extremely popular, deck is Strifecro's Mid-Range / Anti-Aggro Druid deck. Lots of people were playing this deck previously. This Warlock deck is a hard counter to that one. Not necessarily a bad thing that his deck has a hard counter but the bigger issue is that Blizzard is reducing options with their nerfs.

So while the deck has been around for awhile it's only been recently that it's really come into it's own thanks, in no small part, to Blizzard's approach to balance. So my original point was that I could either join in with the masses who will start to run this deck or try and find a viable counter. I'm not a big fan of mirror matches so I wanted to go the counter route.
Reply Quote
This is actually driving me mad...
It's the only thing beating my druid mid range deck.

Accelerating the pace of the game enables the molten giants to come out faster and playing slow and meticulous seems to allow the mountain giants and drakes to come out faster.

I'm saving my two silences for the drakes and all other spells to kill the mountain giants, yet eventually the hero power get's the warlock's health so low that more than one giant get's onto the field which is often too much to deal with.

I'm stumped, I feel like it's possible to create a deck which counters just this fairly well but how would that ever take on a rush deck when more than 6 card's would be dedicated to neutralizing those big creatures.

edit:
I saw a thread with someone complaining about the warlock's hero power being too costly and being in need of a buff. I'd actually like it to take less health just so the molten giants can be delayed some more... Perhaps i should run more heals to heal my friendly warlock opponent.
Edited by Heightened on 1/17/2014 8:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
@Heightened

When you say "Druid mid range deck" I assume you're playing Strifecro's deck or a variant on it. My advice, as unpopular as you might find it, is to play the game as it comes but assume you're going to lose. I know that it's not "fun" to lose but Warlock Giant is a direct counter to Strifecro's deck.

Having a direct counter to a deck isn't, necessarily, a bad thing. That's how the meta works and it's the reason I'm still a bit miffed about the Mage Freeze changes. At the time Mages were running rampant on the ladder. A bunch of people ran to the forums to complain but the pioneers created decks to counter Mages. Overnight, before the nerfs even were announced, Mages were completely shut down by Paladin and Druid control decks that ran some heals and outlasted Mages. It was a direct counter and it was meta evolution in action.
Reply Quote
BTW... Not to say "I told you so" but I told you so.

Half of my games today have been against Warlock Giants decks. The rest have been Druids.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]