Warrior hero power MUST change

Problem of warrior is his hero power. He will be okay if he gets just a little bit support from his hero power. It's totaly useless and provides zero utility. He has the worst removals already and if you can't draw your weapons early you are in trouble in most of the times. If you are gonna loose a game you will loose anyway, those 2 armors will not gonna help you. Lets look at other hero powers:

Mage: Best hero power in the game. It clears board directly or by finishing wounded minions, you can trigger enrage effects of your own minions, you can nuke enemy heroes. Great profits.

Priest: Another great hero power. You can heal yourself or your minions to help them stay on board longer, you can turn it into a damage dealer via some cards. Great profits.

Shaman: Great power again. Taunt, spell power, 1/1 minion, healer. They can even attack with flametongue totem and bloodlust. Just everything you would need. Great profits.

Paladin: Another great power. There is always something to hit on the board and you can't just leave it alone because god knows what that pala up to with it(kings, bubble, other kind of buffs or all?). Profit again.

Hunter: Great again. It has scary snowball effect when it comes to nuking enemy hero. Profit.

Rogue: You know what, it's great again. Both finisher and cleaner, powerfull with poison(also benefits from spell power) both as a enemy hero nuker and board cleaner. Profit.

Druid: This kinda same with rogue ability plus you get 1 armor from it. You also stack its damage like you do with rogue poisons(claw, bite).Profit.

Warrior: Nothing...

It absolutely brings nothing to the table. I can't believe how developers have created such a terrible hero power. All of the other heroes get some profit from their power, which can turn things in their favor but warrior can't. Why? Honestly what's the reason behind it? I wanna know if i miss something.

I don't have a suggestion about how to change it this time and I really hope devs change it before game is going out of beta. All I know is it's broken and absolutely useless.
Reply Quote
I totally agree with you, but i think the warrior's and the hunter's hero power must change. It is just unfair, it can help you in some lucky situations, but what you said, if you gonna lose, you are gonna lose no matter of that 2 armor. It can hurt you in some way too, if you stack up armor and the enemy dont hit you, you cant use Battle Rage, and if you are not below 12 hp your mortal strike is weak as hell.

I think the problem is if warriors hero power will change, they have to remove armor from the game, you have shield block (+5 armor), and the armorsmith, which is not that good after all, and if you cant stack armor the Shield Slam will be useless too, so basically they have to remove/redone a hero power and 3 spells + Mage's Ice Barrier.
AND the hero power is good with the weapons, because without it you just couldnt use weapons, because you would kill yourself under a few turn.

I see no way changing/removing the warrior's hero power, however compared to the other hero powers it is just too weak. Think about that, mages, rouges, druids can take out in turn 2 a 1 hp minion what you play in turn 1, so it is just a stupid thing to play a minion what will die without doing damage, and the enemy didnt even have to use a card, warriors can armor up and do nothing just take the hits. Of course you can take it out with a weapon, but you have to use a card to do that, and you will overkill it, so you just wated a charge.

Blizz won't change it, no way....we have to get used to it, or just play an another class.
Reply Quote
Shield block hero power is literally a band aid that tears off. It contributes NOTHING to the fight..

.. it doesn't improve minions (heal)
... it doesn't making minions (summon)
... it doesn't kill minions

it's a 2-mana waster that DELAYS the game.. warriors don't have much of a mid term board control and there is not much end game tactic for delaying to mana-10 games unless Molten Giant/Warsong/Panda was your whole point of delaying to the end game.. then I better not see any form of nerf to the combo.

I propose at LEAST make the shield block do some form of SHIELD SPIKE damage
Reply Quote
I agree with you on that three card but all three of them utterly useless aswell and only the shield slam strongly related to hero power. I think they can easily change or replace shield slam with something else.It's better to do it instead of sitting forever with a broken hero power.

As you've said it's good with weapons, i also agree on that. But what if you can't draw any weapons early in the game or the whole game(which is happening too often)? Guess what, it's completely useless again :D
Reply Quote
The hunter hero power is even more useless than the warrior one, the warrior one at least synergizes with weapons, hunter hero power does absolutely nothing to affect the board in any way (and coincidentally enough, gets completely countered by the warrior one).
Reply Quote
I keep seeing people on the forums saying that the warrior power synergizes with weapons so it's at least OK, but I'm not sure that's really a point in its favor.

If the warlock hero power was 2 mana to restore 2 health to himself, you could say it synergized with his minions that deal damage to him. It would also be terrible, especially compared to what he currently has.

Unfortunately, changing the warrior hero power would likely mean many cards would have to be looked at and re-balanced so I'm not sure how likely that is.

A potentially easier change would be to add more cards that use/interact with armor, but then we're still left with the problem that the warrior is using cards to do things other classes are doing for just 2 mana, setting the warrior behind in cards constantly.
Reply Quote
01/10/2014 11:26 AMPosted by BigBadSoup
Unfortunately, changing the warrior hero power would likely mean many cards would have to be looked at and re-balanced so I'm not sure how likely that is.

Many cards? As i said in my earlier post there are only three cards: Shield block, armorsmith and shield slam. Three utterly useless cards and only shield slam is strongly related to hero power and i honestly have never seen a warrior using it. Changing it to a something different or replacing it with another card would not be much of an issue. Other 2 are fine as they are right now, mage also has an +8 armor card and thats nothing related to her hero power right? It can be done, isn't a beta for this kind of things?

Other than that i agree with you that there is a hardly a synergie between weapons and hero power.

01/10/2014 09:42 AMPosted by Ravis
I propose at LEAST make the shield block do some form of SHIELD SPIKE damage

Good idea. Shield spike enchants existed in WoW so it makes sense. But would it be a bit op? I don't know.

01/10/2014 10:41 AMPosted by Klaital
The hunter hero power is even more useless than the warrior one

I disagree with this. While it's not as great as other hero powers it's still better than warrior's. It snowballs greatly at the end of the match and you can finish of a hero with that 2 damage but you can't with 2 armor.
Reply Quote
01/10/2014 01:49 PMPosted by Shadowmourne
Many cards? As i said in my earlier post there are only three cards: Shield block, armorsmith and shield slam. Three utterly useless cards and only shield slam is strongly related to hero power and i honestly have never seen a warrior using it. Changing it to a something different or replacing it with another card would not be much of an issue. Other 2 are fine as they are right now, mage also has an +8 armor card and thats nothing related to her hero power right? It can be done, isn't a beta for this kind of things?

I meant that a lot of cards would have to be looked at based on what the hero power was changed to. For example, I've seen people suggest things like:

Deal 1 damage to a minion and give +1 attack
Give a minion +1 health

This would give warriors the ability to affect the board, but combined with charges and enrages may be too powerful. Or it may be perfect. Regardless, a lot of cards would have to be looked at for a change like that to occur.

I hope they do something though. In a lot of situations, 'Armor Up!' should probably be changed to 'You're Falling Behind!'
Edited by BigBadSoup on 1/10/2014 4:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/10/2014 04:08 PMPosted by BigBadSoup
I meant that a lot of cards would have to be looked at based on what the hero power was changed to. For example, I've seen people suggest things like:

Deal 1 damage to a minion and give +1 attack
Give a minion +1 health

Ah sorry, i misunderstood. Right, thats possible.

01/10/2014 04:08 PMPosted by BigBadSoup
I hope they do something though. In a lot of situations, 'Armor Up!' should probably be changed to 'You're Falling Behind!'

"You've just wasted 2 mana!" also is a good alternative :D
Reply Quote
Warriors are already really strong right now without a particularly great hero power. They have incredibly strong and cheap class cards which lets them clear boards better than classes with hero powers that actually interact with the board. I ran into a lot of warriors in legendary last season and never felt like their hero power was holding them back at all.
Reply Quote
Just finished watching Kripp end a ranked game with 26 armor. Over 5 pyro's worth of survivability.
Reply Quote
01/11/2014 07:41 PMPosted by Xailion
Just finished watching Kripp end a ranked game with 26 armor. Over 5 pyro's worth of survivability.

Aye, it's very possible to do that in every single game, right.
Reply Quote
You want an interesting Hero power that might be fair for a Warrior?

Ignore Taunt.

Allows the Warrior to ignore Taunt and attack anything directly with the Hero itself.

Another option is to have the Hero Power summon a 0/2 minion with Taunt.
Reply Quote
The warrior hero power is the best in the game, hands down, bar none.

It synergizes with everything we have. It allows us to use weapons without fear of taking damage. It synergizes more specifically with Shield Slam. It makes trading or going for our faces the choice of sailing between Scylla and Charybdis- do you want to risk the warrior's health bloating out of control or do you want to risk getting screwed by the minions? It completely nullifies every other hero power except Shaman and Paladin. It allows us to (in some cases) laugh off Alextraszsa and Water Elemental, and makes sitting back and waiting a viable strategy versus most of what an opponent can play the first few turns.

Don't !@#$ with the best part of the class.
Reply Quote
01/14/2014 02:24 PMPosted by Elendil
The warrior hero power is the best in the game, hands down, bar none.

It synergizes with everything we have. It allows us to use weapons without fear of taking damage. It synergizes more specifically with Shield Slam. It makes trading or going for our faces the choice of sailing between Scylla and Charybdis- do you want to risk the warrior's health bloating out of control or do you want to risk getting screwed by the minions? It completely nullifies every other hero power except Shaman and Paladin. It allows us to (in some cases) laugh off Alextraszsa and Water Elemental, and makes sitting back and waiting a viable strategy versus most of what an opponent can play the first few turns.

It also is the only hero power that can bring a hero far above 30 health if not dealt with. Warriors don't have heal, but their power is almost as effective as the priest power. Priest can target minions, but warrior can go above full health and also armor synergizes with other cards, like Elendil said above.
Reply Quote
It allows us to use weapons without fear of taking damage.

That's not synergy. Rogues, Paladins, Hunters, and Shaman all equip weapons and they don't consider the fact that they take damage to be a downside. This is not a reason to keep it around.

It synergizes more specifically with Shield Slam.

This is true, but no one plays shield slam.

It completely nullifies every other hero power except Shaman and Paladin.

Completely untrue. The only hero power this effect nullifies is the Hunter's. The Shaman, paladin, Rogue, Mage, Druid, Priest, and Paladin all can do other things with their Hero powers besides attack us. The point is every other Hero power does something to advance the other player's board state, which is imperative to the way this game is played.

It allows us to (in some cases) laugh off Alextraszsa and Water Elemental, and makes sitting back and waiting a viable strategy versus most of what an opponent can play the first few turns.

Not many warrior decks stall. We have mediocre creatures, with poor tempo cards (Really Mortal Strike? Really?). The synergies of actually equipping weapons (Blood Sail Raider, Dread Corsair) and having so many options of weapons (Gorehowl, Fiery War Axe, Arcanite Ripper, Arathi Weaponsmith). That combined with Warsong Commander, allows us to attack forward quickly and accumulate damage.

If a warrior reaches late game, they've done something terribly wrong. Unless they're playing that hilarious pyrosmith deck

Actually this is easily the worst part of the class. Warriors need a hero power that actually advances our board state like everyone else.

It also is the only hero power that can bring a hero far above 30 health if not dealt with. Warriors don't have heal, but their power is almost as effective as the priest power. Priest can target minions, but warrior can go above full health and also armor synergizes with other cards, like Elendil said above.

This is a tip I was taught in Magic the Gathering that really changes the way you not only play this card game but all card games. Your life is simply a resource. You should not care about it, unless it's putting you into the red zone (Areas where a Charge minion or Single spell could kill you). Otherwise your health doesn't matter. Simply because we can go over the allowed life total with Armor doesn't make it a good hero power.

Having 30 health doesn't matter when you can't reclaim the board, or interact with your opponents creatures because of it.
Reply Quote
Here's the issue that all of you are missing. Classes aren't supposed to be equal to each other. They aren't all supposed to do the same thing. Each class is supposed to have good and bad things about it that allow other classes to counter balance them. As the meta shifts along the day, what class you should be playing also changes. Kripparrian did a phenomenal video explaining this shift pointing to a constructed player who took rank 1 playing a control druid deck since all of his opponents had been running fast decks. This is where the hero power comes into play. With a warrior deck, you can't rush down as effectively as a warlock or mage. What you can do however is setup great combos and survive to make those combos happen. I think this is where blizzard wanted the meta to focus. Not on playing one class equally with different type decks, but with focusing on playing alot of classes with their niche deck.
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 11:04 AMPosted by Maanee
Here's the issue that all of you are missing. Classes aren't supposed to be equal to each other. They aren't all supposed to do the same thing. Each class is supposed to have good and bad things about it that allow other classes to counter balance them. As the meta shifts along the day, what class you should be playing also changes. Kripparrian did a phenomenal video explaining this shift pointing to a constructed player who took rank 1 playing a control druid deck since all of his opponents had been running fast decks. This is where the hero power comes into play. With a warrior deck, you can't rush down as effectively as a warlock or mage. What you can do however is setup great combos and survive to make those combos happen. I think this is where blizzard wanted the meta to focus. Not on playing one class equally with different type decks, but with focusing on playing alot of classes with their niche deck.

what is this babbling of incoherent nonsense. Are you saying there are hidden things that warrior is going to find that makes the hero class good? LOL..

When this next patch comes threw.. Gaints and Alextra OTK's are gone. And raging worgon/faceless etc.. Including just simple commander + say maybe a boulderfist ogre.

All the commander can do in the next patch is send out a bunch of glass cannons that get wiped out in a follow up AOE .

Warrior is garbage and you know it. People like you are the reasons why certain things in every game see no improvement. Yea lets just watch Druid/Warlock/Paladin/Mage for the rest of hearthstones lifetime. Fringe classes like warrior/hunter... Too bad.. The devs dont favour those heroes so you are out of luck.

Disgusting.

Warrior needs a hero ability improvement, And improvements on Arthrathi weapon smith and Armor smith.

Suggestions
-Warrior Hero armor ability to also be targetable on minions..But maybe grant 1 armor instead and make not stackable .. Or if warrior has no armor grant + 3 armor instead of +2

-Arthrathi weapon smith should get 3/4 stats instead of 3/3.. ......... At 3/3 it trades even with 2 drops..And the weapon is really weak.

-Armor Smith... Should be a 1 mana drop minion so by time it dies you have gotten about 4-5 armor for your hero. Right now its absolutely useless
Edited by Incinerate on 1/15/2014 1:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 08:01 AMPosted by KirbyDude65
Actually this is easily the worst part of the class. Warriors need a hero power that actually advances our board state like everyone else.

I disagree on both counts. Changing the hero power would leave our weapons virtually useless especially when combined with the threat of an Ooze or a Corsair, and homogenization is something to be avoided. If every other class's hero power affects the board directly (which it doesn't- see also Warlock), then that is twelve thousand times more reason that the warrior should not have a hero power that affects the board. Homogenization is an easy path and an easy route to take design wise. It's also virtually impossible to de-homogenize once you've homogenized the classes for the sake of balance. So avoiding that temptation, especially at this stage of the game, would be for the best.
Reply Quote
rofl some people here are right.
This whole post is worthless since you arent taking into account the great (great) hero cards that warrior has. not to mention most of the hero is based around having armor...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]