Tirion or Rag?

Well Met!

With the current changes happening in the next patch, I will most likely disenchant my Sylvannas and craft either a Tirion or Ragnaros. Is there any reason to craft Rag over Tirion? I only play pally in constructed.
Reply Quote
Tirion is fantastic if your opponent doesn't silence/sheep/hex him. He trades for at least two hits, possibly more -- one to take his shield down, and another high-powered minion or spell to kill him. Then you get the 5/3 Ashbringer, which (if not oozed) is great at helping clear their board, or doing 15 damage over 3 turns on top of whatever else you have going on.

Ragnaros, for the same cost, is probably more reliable though. Silences don't cripple Rag the same way it cripples Tirion; you still get a beefy 8/8 on the board for 8 mana, AND you are guaranteed to do 8 damage when you play him. Basically like a random Charge. If your opponent cannot deal with Ragnaros in one turn, he's already given you fantastic value. The same can't be said of Tirion.

I love my Tirion Fordring card, but it's difficult to consistently get the same kind of value from him that you get from Ragnaros.
Reply Quote
I had to make the same agonizing decision last night, and went with Ragnaros. It's just more valuable as a neutral legendary (if you craft tirion you'll likely be restricting yourself to playing paladin) and where Tirion loses most of his usefulness when silenced, Ragnaros instead gains the ability to attack.

I would however try to drop it later than turn 8, perhaps in conjunction with an Argent Protector to give him the divine shield. You can bet your enemy will be trying to remove it as soon as it drops, and this can help keep him on the board longer.
Reply Quote
01/13/2014 07:46 PMPosted by Phenomenon
I had to make the same agonizing decision last night, and went with Ragnaros. It's just more valuable as a neutral legendary (if you craft tirion you'll likely be restricting yourself to playing paladin) and where Tirion loses most of his usefulness when silenced, Ragnaros instead gains the ability to attack.

I would however try to drop it later than turn 8, perhaps in conjunction with an Argent Protector to give him the divine shield. You can bet your enemy will be trying to remove it as soon as it drops, and this can help keep him on the board longer.

gotta agree here ^^

however, for casual play, no reason you can't work in both.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]