The only good minion in the class is gone,wtf

How can Warlock play any class minion from now on...
None of them is playable. Even Flame Imp has too much downside and are so easily removed on even turn 2.
Warlock can use hero power to get card advantage but that doesn't justify those huge drop backs on all lock minions. Plus if you use hero power, you drop 2 mana not just the hp.
2 mana is huge cuz even you have the card you still can't play it with enough mana.
With the Imp being pretty useless now, Lock is officially the only class that doesn't play class minion...

Give Warlock minions back please.
Reply Quote
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Reply Quote
So your opponent just wasted a removal spell and 2 mana to get rid of your 1 mana Flame Imp, allowing you to play a 2 drop? Wow, Flame Imp is so bad. /sarcasm
Edited by DneBays on 1/16/2014 12:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
No, your opponent just took board advantage away from you, AND saw you getting 3 damage, for using 2 mana, while Warlock lost 1 card and took 3 damage.
It pretty much reset, only that the Warlock has 3 Health less.

While I think Dio overreacts, it's not helping to downplay the whole flame imp + removal thing.,
Reply Quote
01/16/2014 12:55 AMPosted by DneBays
So your opponent just wasted a removal spell and 2 mana to get rid of your 1 mana Flame Imp, allowing you to play a 2 drop? Wow, Flame Imp is so bad. /sarcasm

Or they spent 1 mana and a card to get rid of your 1 mana card... and spent their remaining mana on something useful, like a Leper Gnome or Worgen Infiltrator or whatever. Or they spent Zero and played the Defias Scrub.

In all honesty, I do think Flame Imp (and Void Walker for that matter) is good, but... it's not like it takes 2 mana to deal with it, or that your opponent can't otherwise establish board presence.
Reply Quote
01/16/2014 02:58 AMPosted by Tsenzei

Or they spent 1 mana and a card to get rid of your 1 mana card... and spent their remaining mana on something useful, like a Leper Gnome or Worgen Infiltrator or whatever. Or they spent Zero and played the Defias Scrub.

In all honesty, I do think Flame Imp (and Void Walker for that matter) is good, but... it's not like it takes 2 mana to deal with it, or that your opponent can't otherwise establish board presence.

Defias Bandit Leader is 2 mana if I recall and requires a combo. Unless a rogue is sitting on a backstab, coin or whatever a rogue ain't going to be able to play the Town Scrub.
Might be different on the turn 3-4 play, but on turn 1-2 that's rather situational.
Edited by SperoMcgee on 1/16/2014 4:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
4-5 murlocs with 3 hp at turn 3-4 was too strong dude. As hunter the only thing i can did against that was explosive trap and guess what? it wasnt enough, you needed 2 explosive traps that means 2 turns. Unless you were mage or another class you didnt had the AoE to clean all that murlocs. UtH and wolf at turn 5 usually were late.
Edited by emanuel1 on 1/16/2014 11:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/16/2014 11:50 PMPosted by emanuel1
4-5 murlocs with 3 hp at turn 3-4 was too strong dude. As hunter the only thing i can did against that was explosive trap and guess what? it wasnt enough, you needed 2 explosive traps that means 2 turns. Unless you were mage or another class you didnt had the AoE to clean all that murlocs. UtH and wolf at turn 5 usually were late.

Murlocs are not Locks minions.
Face it Void and Imp are not used anywhere besides rush deck. Other Lock minions are used in very few decks. I personally have my rush/control Lock almost w/o any Lock minions they just do not synergy well and tend to have too much drawback.

With the removal fest we have now, playing anything that takes HP or card advantage from you is kind of bad play and often cost you a game.
Edited by Drops on 1/17/2014 12:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/16/2014 04:49 AMPosted by SperoMcgee
Defias Bandit Leader is 2 mana if I recall and requires a combo. Unless a rogue is sitting on a backstab

That was the implication with "spent Zero [mana]" to get rid of your Flame Imp, yes, and it can come up far more often than you think.

But the overall point was that most classes have ready access either to spells that can remove a Flame Imp for 1 (or less) mana, or they have cards that can make up the early-game difference later.

And none of this takes into account the fact that most 1-cost minions can also trade with 3/2's, due to their common 2/1 nature (or other factors that contribute, such as Divine Shield, self-buffing, or relevant battlecries).

All said and done, Flame Imp's are good, but they're not the better than sliced bread.

01/16/2014 11:56 PMPosted by Drops
Face it Void and Imp are not used anywhere besides rush deck.

Voidwalker is a decent stall card in Control to help slow Aggro a little. It's not a must have, but it can be useful for some builds.
Edited by Tsenzei on 1/17/2014 2:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
Blood Imp and Void Walker are pretty nice. And Jaraxxus is alright.
And I guess Flame Imp might be neat in rush decks.
I don't like it very much because it's basically a 2 mana creature with no ability, with 1 mana cost replaced with a 3 health cost.
Rush decks take a lot of damage as is, adding to it so much seems like a bad idea to me, especially against Rogues.

Succubus is pretty bad unless you have no other cards at hand. (quite a feat at 2 mana)
Pit Lord is pretty much always bad.
I suppose in theory you could use it to lower your health for Molten Giants, but in practice it usually just gets you killed.

Summoning Portal has potential but in practice is -usually- meh.
If you play it at turn 4 you don't have mana to summon stuff that turn and it gets killed without doing much.
If you play it later on and summon something during the same turn you wasted some mana and it'll usually get destroyed before your next turn.
When the stars align and it actually survives it can really make things get out of hand, though! :)

Felguard is absolutely horrible!
Destroy a mana crystal just to get a Sen'Jin Shieldmaster 1 turn early?!
An aggro deck wouldn't want a taunt that badly and a control one definitely doesn't want to be behind on mana.

Dread Infernal isn't terrible, but it pales in comparison to neutral high-cost minions.
If it dealt 2 damage with it's Battlecry instead of 1 it might be very useful.

Oh and Void Terror, if combod with Power Overwhelming and used to only consume 1 minion instead of 2 sometimes tilts things in your favor.

But more often than not it'll get silenced or destroyed and that means that you just spent 1 minion+1 spell card as a sacrificial piece AND a Void Terror and your opponent thus countered 3 cards with 1.

That's how I see the minions anyway. Would love to hear more opinions. :)
Edited by LastDay on 1/17/2014 3:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
From my personal experience the new Blood Imp is now mediocre to bad tried him out a couple of times now i'm near dusting them . The Voidwalker was never that good a minion 1/3 is just not that great beyond very early .

Flame Imp was only useful for decks that no longer work . A turn 2 minion on turn 1 for 3 damage ? Pass because i can't heal myself good enough in longer game to justify that.

Infernal is ehh 6/6 for 6 is just not worth it and the Battlecry is rarely any useful.

The Rest is total trash and should be reworked.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]