Murlocs ftw

Congrats, to all the Warlocks going murlock-deck. It must be hard putting out all those murlocs in one turn. Just throw everything you got on the table! It must require some serious skill level right there.

This game is almost unplayable vs. Warlocks with murlocs. If you don't draw the perfect cards, you have basically lost the game, there is nothing you can do. Of course you can say that about all games. But against murlocs it minimize your chance from "little" to "nothing".

Any thoughts?
Reply Quote
01/14/2014 04:47 AMPosted by Delet

Any thoughts?

Just one.

Learn to play.
Reply Quote
I love playing against Murlocs right now, as long as I don't get completely screwed by draws (i.e. half the deck at 2 mana or less and I draw all 3+ until turn 4 or 5), they're easy wins. if I get a Hellfire by turn 4, it's pretty much GG.
Reply Quote
Use taunts
Have global spells
Make sure starting hand is good
Reply Quote
You want us to stop playing rush?
Tell Blizzard to fix our Class cards to make them playable.
Seriously, you're preaching to the choir here, but 75% of our class cards above 2 mana are currently unplayable.
I'd rather play demons instead of murlocs, but it's not possible to win with them.
Reply Quote
Just completely shut down a murloc deck. Lost 7 health, and the little quitter scampered off on turn 9.

Rockbiter and LB took his VWs, dropped both lightning storms on full boards, second LB ate an oracle, lava burst took Ol' Murk-Eye, and forked lightning killed blood imps. Highly unlikely that I'll ever pull off a perfect win like that again since I top decked my second storm with a drake out, but it is possible. And even then I might have survived the second bit and been able to turtle.

The main problem is that most classes do not have the insane amount of board control needed to take out a well-contructed murloc deck, and the luck needed to do it within the time frame to avoid a double Soul Fire to the face. Quite honestly, the murloc deck is stupidly powerful and relatively easy to put together and run.

Please blizz, buff demons and nerf Murlocs.
Reply Quote
I wonder what they will do with the change to blood imp poor warlocs they have to use deamons again.
Reply Quote
~100% win rate vs murlock desks .
playing Warrior control desk.

pls Blizz don't touch murlocks , I like free wins
Edited by Pryanikov on 1/15/2014 4:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
These "nerf murloc deck" threads are getting pretty old. The deck is fun as hell to play, and will only get you to rank 15-16. There are virtually none in rank 10 or higher. Its very much like hunters in WoW; an idiot can seem "decent", but against anyone with real skill they are easily countered.

Learn to play.
Reply Quote
I'm nearing rank 1 as Murloc rush with no legendary cards (only the Murloc legend you get for set) like Leroy and Sylvanas. But it's not as easy as throwing stuff on the board at that rank, sorry to disillusion some of you guys. Played 3 mirror matches and won all 3 out of 3, and with a bad starting hand first 2 games. Thats not RNG or *luck* anymore, so I have to say Murloc does take skill at high ranks.

The reason I play Murloc is mostly that I can't play anything else at that level without buying a massive amount of cards, played control-ish druid last season and would loose after 15 minutes due to fatigue because my *common* cards would trade 2 for 1 or even 3 for 1 against most legendary cards, and I would run out of deck before I could ammas lethal damage. Playing Rush decks you can avoid seeing 80% of those 8+ cost legendary cards and finish the game on *equal footing*.

Also Murloc is hella fun to play!!
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 07:46 AMPosted by Konfu
I'm nearing rank 1 as Murloc rush with no legendary cards (only the Murloc legend you get for set) like Leroy and Sylvanas. But it's not as easy as throwing stuff on the board at that rank, sorry to disillusion some of you guys. Played 3 mirror matches and won all 3 out of 3, and with a bad starting hand first 2 games. Thats not RNG or *luck* anymore, so I have to say Murloc does take skill at high ranks.

The reason I play Murloc is mostly that I can't play anything else at that level without buying a massive amount of cards, played control-ish druid last season and would loose after 15 minutes due to fatigue because my *common* cards would trade 2 for 1 or even 3 for 1 against most legendary cards, and I would run out of deck before I could ammas lethal damage. Playing Rush decks you can avoid seeing 80% of those 8+ cost legendary cards and finish the game on *equal footing*.

Also Murloc is hella fun to play!!

Would you mind posting your deck so I can compare it to mine :)?
Reply Quote
Repost from http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/11224112778?page=1#8

Just now I had a lock flood the board with murlocs, played UTH (2 mana this time), got a 1 mana Sea Giant at turn 5. At turn 8 he was dead, even if he managed to clear my board or sea giant, Timber wolf (1 mana) Kill Command ( 3 ) and Steady Shot ( 2 ) wouldve killed him.
As a hunter I've punished Town Scrubs (rogue) and Murlocks just as badly, but I also lost with my hunter against a murlock rush at turn 4? Did it suck? Sure it does, but so did my win for the lock I beat. He hoped to win with his rush and I countered him. This is the case for every class, everyone has cheesy ways of winning. Just as I won with my Blessed Windfury pala deck in a few turns.
Made a Northsire Cleric into a strong minion with Divine Spirit + Inner Fire, leaning on the card draw and also winning in a few turns.

What people need to learn in this game (or any card game for that matter) is to be flexible and adapt to every situation what's going on. Don't like the fact that you miss out on the card draws and not getting the cards you want for your combos?
So did in my some decks, heck I've even added 2 Coldlight Oracles ( 2 cards for me and enemy) to speed things up in my UTH Combo deck. I could make it even crazier and riskier by adding brewmasters to reuse the oracles which I actually do in my Card Destroy Deck (druid).

TLDR: Adapt to the meta or accept that you'll more often then might be necessary.
Reply Quote
bumping this thread to let ppl know that beef stew is still tasty even after the "nerf"....
Reply Quote
01/16/2014 02:18 PMPosted by biggameover
bumping this thread to let ppl know that beef stew is still tasty even after the "nerf"....

Beef stew? Am I missing some sort of joke or reference? Please clarify. ;)
Reply Quote
I dumped the blood imps for succubi at two cost they are a cheap yet powerful option and the deck plays so fast that the discard factor rarely comes into play.
Reply Quote
01/16/2014 04:20 PMPosted by SperoMcgee

Beef stew? Am I missing some sort of joke or reference? Please clarify. ;)

beef stew aka THE warlock murlock deck....

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/23337-beef-stew-warlock
Reply Quote
01/16/2014 02:18 PMPosted by biggameover

The other (IMO better) Aggro deck got the worst of the nerfs really.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]