Disenchant Sylvanas for a murloc deck

Is it worth disenchanting Sylvanas, since her DE cost is 1.6k atm and getting a murloc deck for my warlock. Or should i keep sylvanas and try building something else?
Edited by Instinktas on 1/16/2014 10:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hm.... do you really need to do that? I build my full murloc deck out of random epic disentchants and packs. It might be tempting, but Sylvanas is like the most amazing legendary there is^^
I would first wait and see how much the Blood Imp nerf affected murloc rushes
Reply Quote
Negatron! Keep Sylvy.

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote
Why would you even do that? Sylvi still works in other decks besides that of the warlock you know, I could understand if you decided to disenchant a legandary that's also good in a few situations, but being able to trade evenly and then end up stealing a minion from the oponent is a good deal to me no matter how you put it. Then again I always feel at odds when people decide to abuse the fact when a card is worth more dust and then decide to de merely because of that.
Although murlock rushes do work you may want to reconsider, with my hunter deck I've already been punishing Town Scrubs and Murlocks quite frequently even with the 4 mana UTH cost, now with the cost being 2 mana, other players that might not have been into hunter at first might now reconsider and give it go.
Reply Quote
Similar question, regarding Pyroblast.

I have 1 Murloc Tidecaller, 1 Coldlight Oracle and 1 Coldlight Seer. With the nerf to Pyroblast I could DE for 400 dust and pick up a Murloc Warleader (400 dust).

Good Trade or should I just continue accumulating cards? Right now just basically doing Daily Quests with a rag-tag bunch of cards but I was thinking that getting the Warleader would give me at least a start towards a reasonable deck.

Thanks for your input
Reply Quote
01/17/2014 09:15 AMPosted by Palance
Similar question, regarding Pyroblast.

I have 1 Murloc Tidecaller, 1 Coldlight Oracle and 1 Coldlight Seer. With the nerf to Pyroblast I could DE for 400 dust and pick up a Murloc Warleader (400 dust).

Good Trade or should I just continue accumulating cards? Right now just basically doing Daily Quests with a rag-tag bunch of cards but I was thinking that getting the Warleader would give me at least a start towards a reasonable deck.

Thanks for your input

Don't do it! You will also need the other murlock cards to get Murkeye, and even then I'm not sure if it's worth it, the Blood Imp nerf hit hard. Just wait a little longer and see how things pan out for murloc rushes.
That said, I still encourage you to disentchant your Pyroblast, but don't spend them on Murlocs right away!
Reply Quote
I gave Sylvanis the DE because I've never found her in the least bit useful. Especially now that she's a 6 drop. Only thing I was ever able to do with her was draw out a poly/hex/silence/etc. Since I have other things that will do that I couldn't pass up the 1600 dust - finished off my murlocs and got myself a couple of faceless.

Edit: Also, if you're waiting until you've drawn out the control to play her, really there are a lot of other things you could have been doing. She's either control bait or dead weight in the hand imo. DE!
Edited by Maledictus on 1/18/2014 2:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/18/2014 02:53 AMPosted by Maledictus
I gave Sylvanis the DE because I've never found her in the least bit useful. Especially now that she's a 6 drop. Only thing I was ever able to do with her was draw out a poly/hex/silence/etc. Since I have other things that will do that I couldn't pass up the 1600 dust - finished off my murlocs and got myself a couple of faceless.

Edit: Also, if you're waiting until you've drawn out the control to play her, really there are a lot of other things you could have been doing. She's either control bait or dead weight in the hand imo. DE!

Interesting how you only mention the few forms of removal that work around the Death Rattle. I'm curious what you would include in the "etc." because I think you pretty much covered all the options with those three. Poly and Hex are efficient, but that's 2/9 classes and not going to happen often. Other classes don't have such an easy answer; silence still leaves a 5/5 that will likely trade 1.5 for 1. If you really value the dust that's understandable, but it's hard to argue she's not worth her weight in mana even after the nerf. Pre nerf she was hands down the most efficient minion in the game.
Reply Quote
01/18/2014 01:17 PMPosted by Mushkin

Interesting how you only mention the few forms of removal that work around the Death Rattle. I'm curious what you would include in the "etc." because I think you pretty much covered all the options with those three. Poly and Hex are efficient, but that's 2/9 classes and not going to happen often. Other classes don't have such an easy answer; silence still leaves a 5/5 that will likely trade 1.5 for 1. If you really value the dust that's understandable, but it's hard to argue she's not worth her weight in mana even after the nerf. Pre nerf she was hands down the most efficient minion in the game.

This so much. I get the feeling that many you haven't played the other classes all that much but I can give you an example how you could immediately swing a match into your favor.
I'll take the warrior as an example because that's the first one that comes to mind.
Warsong Commander on field and Sylvi won't work anymore since the recent patch changed it that only minions with 3 or less attack get charge, however I adapted to that with Blood Knight which actually works amazingly, just need divine shield minions in the deck.
Sadly charge has also been changed to a 3 mana card but before the patch that was 0 mana, you could still use it now though. The + 2 attack and charge.
Heck as a warlock you could summon sylvi and purposefully kill her off with power overwhelming if you wanted to.
You could buff Sylvi in a priest/pala/druid deck trade favourable and steal a monster of your opponent. Out of all the legandaries I'd say she works in any deck.
Just like any legandary, she can be hard removed. Aside from say Rag or King Krush that have an immediate result the turn they are summoned, every legandary is a risk.
Reply Quote
Keep your Syl buddy. Even with the 1 mana nerf she's still one of the best legendaries out there. Besides, you can use her in your murloc deck. Like a last minute win card or something like that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]