Blood imp, still kind of OP?

Ok, I understand it was nerfed, and the immediate effect of having a buff on all minions, gone.

But, being a 0/1, in stealth, essentially means it will never break stealth via attack.

So, the only way to get rid of it is AOE (which not every class is strong in)

And if you turn 1 + coin + plop down 2 imps, they're going to be machine gun buffing, without an immediate answer, they can just keep growing in size buffing each other with no immediate answers.

most aoe is turn 3-4, doing 2 dmg?
Reply Quote
pffff they overnerfed the poor fellow and you still complain????
Reply Quote
So instead of an on board temporary buff, it's a perma buff that sticks with minions even after the imp dies. I consider this a buff rather than a Nerf. Espeically when combined with healing spells/minions.
Reply Quote
yea because 0/1 and a 0/4 is what. It still can't attack nor taunted because it can't break stealth.
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 03:45 AMPosted by RavSX
But, being a 0/1, in stealth, essentially means it will never break stealth via attack.

Which, in and of itself, is a nerf. Many times a lock will use an Imp to ping off a minion, or suicide it to make room on the board for something else.

01/15/2014 04:00 AMPosted by Tetsamaru
Espeically when combined with healing spells/minions.

Yeah, locks run with lots of those. >.>
Reply Quote

It was always your choice to break stealth for attacking, so you would only do it when that was a better choice. You no longer have that choice = disadvantage.

And if you turn 1 + coin + plop down 2 imps, they're going to be machine gun buffing, without an immediate answer, they can just keep growing in size buffing each other with no immediate answers.

But as long as they only buff themselves they are actually pretty useless, since the only thing they do is giving this buff. Sure they will survive, but that's about it.
Reply Quote
I foresee a new wave of bloodimp-whining

Bloodimp still OP - give it +1 attack, players do not attack with it anymore

or..

Bloodimp still OP - make it a spell
Edited by Booyah on 1/15/2014 4:33 AM PST
Reply Quote

Buff the bloodimp - give it +1 attack

Well tbh, it was kind of stupid making it a 0/1.
Reply Quote
So instead of an on board temporary buff, it's a perma buff that sticks with minions even after the imp dies. I consider this a buff rather than a Nerf. Espeically when combined with healing spells/minions.

Considering the odd why it applied the buff I think the change is good either way.
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 04:27 AMPosted by Bosskiller

Buff the bloodimp - give it +1 attack

Well tbh, it was kind of stupid making it a 0/1.

I fullheartly agree (see #2)

Was talking about the QQ communitypart, shall fix the post.
Edited by Booyah on 1/15/2014 4:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
Having 2 imps on the board is great to make sure they dont die to aoes. Then start adding in your giants to make some fat +10 hp minions.

Blood imp has more potential now, id say its buffed.
Reply Quote
give poor fellow a rest pleaase
Reply Quote
People are still in shock of the magnitude of the nerf because they didn't quite comprehend the magnitude of how broken the unit was.
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 04:37 AMPosted by SleepyFoX
People are still in shock of the magnitude of the nerf because they didn't quite comprehend the magnitude of how broken the unit was.

I think most of the people whined about bloodimp was being OP prolly never played that card itself .

Cuz hey: good players, good decks, when losing it is because opponent cards are broken......right?
Reply Quote

Do you play Warlock often?

This change is most definitely a nerf.

I'm one who wanted a change to the Blood Imp, but I just wanted the cost increased to 2 and the card to be a Rare instead of a Common, so Warlocks in Arena would be less likely to draft 3+; when it becomes truly broken.

But no, now the Imp is just a stealthed Young Priestess without the ability to attack, (which actually is a significant disadvantage).

When's the last time you heard a complaint about the Young Priestess? That's right, you haven't, because she doesn't affect the game much. The "new" Blood Imp won't very much either.
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 04:33 AMPosted by Haboob
Having 2 imps on the board is great to make sure they dont die to aoes. Then start adding in your giants to make some fat +10 hp minions.

Blood imp has more potential now, id say its buffed.

Do you even play this game ?
Reply Quote
The most important thing is that now you cannot exploit the way the buff used to work to absorb an AoE damage effect. That makes it much less powerful than it used to be.
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 03:49 AMPosted by Booyah

This really wasn't an over-nerf, see the Coin + 2x B.Imp opener for starters.

It does seem odd that the only difference between B.Imp and the priestess is 2 attack and stealth though. B.Imp should be at least a 1/1.
Reply Quote
IMHO arena should hardly be the motivation for changes of cards.
Simply because it doesn't stick to the normal realm of HS play.

I can however find myself in the provided solution (make it rare and/or 2 mana, hence, even only buff minions at each side)

However, people were complaining about them mostly because of constructed.
Mostly because they refuse to put (enough) AoE's and/or taunts in their deck.

But most of all I think it is a bad omen, how and ,suposedly, why Blizz nerffs cards.
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 05:01 AMPosted by Verdash

This really wasn't an over-nerf, see the Coin + 2x B.Imp opener for starters.

It does seem odd that the only difference between B.Imp and the priestess is 2 attack and stealth though. B.Imp should be at least a 1/1.

you are contradicting yourself here.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]