Blood imp, still kind of OP?

The Priestress and now Imp buff isn't much more than a nice side effect it . The card was used as a Leper without the 2 damage but to help your other small creatures out here and there for aggro/midrage decks. Those decks don't really work without the Blood Imp anymore . A 0/1 card with a mediocre random effect that by ittself doesn't do you much good because you have 0 healing abilities does absolutely nothing for Warlocks.

If any of the later Demons where useful maybe the Imp could see some use to buff up cards that are already ahead of the Manacurve . Problem is the side effects make those cards unuseable and 1 HP more won't change anything about that.

And why the hell the 1 damage was taken away ? Before you could use it to finish off creatures or Deal 1 final damage before your opponent would use area effect spells and kill your board.
Edited by Serp on 1/18/2014 3:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
Well you could always try a 2 young priestess and 2 blood imp combo and see how well buffed your minions get hp wise. ;p
Reply Quote
Considering how late i would have to be to in the game to get that out not very much because everything will just die to a boardclear besides maybe 1 minion.
Reply Quote
Btw i dusted my Imps now don't see any use in them currently and i can allways rebuild them for 40 Dust each which i gained for them. In fact i dusted everything that was patched that i don't run ^^

Haven't build anything new for it though so i can allways go back if i feel like it .
Edited by Serp on 1/18/2014 10:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hahahaha I'm just glad he gave me more dust :D I had a gold blood imp lol.
Reply Quote
Ok, is it just me, or can the Imp really only give the buff one time to another minion?
I am sure I saw him buffing the same minion twice but it still remained only one HP.
Reply Quote
01/18/2014 12:23 PMPosted by Greywind
Ok, is it just me, or can the Imp really only give the buff one time to another minion?
I am sure I saw him buffing the same minion twice but it still remained only one HP.

Would be a bug if so. Double check and document it, and post it to the bug report forums if there's actually an issue (I'm not currently able to test it myself, else I would).
Reply Quote
well, in its current shape, i don't think the blood imps will be that much of an issue anymore; i certainly don't reckon them to be op, which admittedly they kinda were, but as already has been pointed out: maybe just making 'em a tad more expensive would've been the way to go. i played a couple of matches with them the last few days, and most of the time they got whacked, before they could shine ;).
alas, i do miss that "Suuure, send the little guy!"
also: i do understand that associating with demons is detrimental to mental and physical health, but at the moment i kind of dislike most of them, which is somewhat bad if you try to build a deck around the infernal spawn :).
Reply Quote
It's Op in arena as it's a common and more likely to show up than young priestess or much better.

They seem to tone down card removal way too much in the selection or I'm having extremely bad luck !!!
Reply Quote
It's Op in arena as it's a common and more likely to show up than young priestess and is much better.

They seem to tone down card removal way too much in the selection or I'm having extremely bad luck !!!

When's the last time you heard a complaint about the Young Priestess? That's right, you haven't, because she doesn't affect the game much. The "new" Blood Imp won't very much either.

Actually it does in Arena so you can stop there, getting 2 blood imps on the first game where card removal is hard to come by or balance means you instantly win the game or the opponent will have a hard time removing it.

Also blood imps now can buff everyone, its wayyy better than young priestess, cause of stealth the only way you can actually kill it is aoe that's if you can hand the 3/3 fire imp on the first turn...
Reply Quote
Balance is focused around Constructed, not Arena.
A LOT of cards are op in one and not the other.
Reply Quote
lol these new blood imps are so much funner
Reply Quote
Lets look at this logically because it's VERY obvious that the Blood imp was BUFFED, not nerfed.

Can we say that the blood imp was inadvertently BUFFED because the developers dont actually play their own game and understand the mechanics? How is that even humanly possible? It's not. The problem wasnt the developers at all. The problem is that the person REPORTING the change got it wrong. The developers probably didnt give them an explanation as to how they were going to go about implementing a slow and gradual nerf and since 99% of all changes are nerfs anyway, they "thought" it was a nerf when it actually was not and is nothing more than a beta test of incrementally nerfing the Imp which had a side effect of actually buffing it in the mean time.

So now you have all the warlock players feeding off that error trying to pass it off as some excuse that it actually was a nerf when it was not.

Issue solved. The Imp is going to go through another change very soon to correct this error. My guess is that it will no longer be stealthed and will essentially be a cheaper priestess which is really what it should be. I think what is happening is that they are slowly testing the imp and working it to non-stealth'ed mode. They did not want to make that leap all together, so they remove 1 thing at a time before finally arriving at the correct solution which is a 0/1 non-stealthed priestess. I expect to see this change in either the next patch, or the one after that. Its not a matter of IF it will change, but when. So while this change is currently a buff, it's actually part of a long process to NERF the imp which has not yet concluded. This is the explanation that the developers should have given to the announcers but failed to do so.

So enjoy the temporary BUFF you lame !@# Warlock players, the writing is on the walls, your gimmick tricks have an expiration date.
Edited by Lancelight on 1/21/2014 1:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/21/2014 01:26 PMPosted by Lancelight
Lets look at this logically because it's VERY obvious that the Blood imp was BUFFED, not nerfed.

Can we say that the blood imp was inadvertently BUFFED because the developers dont actually play their own game and understand the mechanics? How is that even humanly possible? It's not. The problem wasnt the developers at all. The problem is that the person REPORTING the change got it wrong. The developers probably didnt give them an explanation as to how they were going to go about implementing a slow and gradual nerf and since 99% of all changes are nerfs anyway, they "thought" it was a nerf when it actually was not and is nothing more than a beta test of incrementally nerfing the Imp which had a side effect of actually buffing it in the mean time.

So now you have all the warlock players feeding off that error trying to pass it off as some excuse that it actually was a nerf when it was not.

Issue solved. The Imp is going to go through another change very soon to correct this error. My guess is that it will no longer be stealthed and will essentially be a cheaper priestess which is really what it should be. I think what is happening is that they are slowly testing the imp and working it to non-stealth'ed mode. They did not want to make that leap all together, so they remove 1 thing at a time before finally arriving at the correct solution which is a 0/1 non-stealthed priestess. I expect to see this change in either the next patch, or the one after that. Its not a matter of IF it will change, but when. So while this change is currently a buff, it's actually part of a long process to NERF the imp which has not yet concluded. This is the explanation that the developers should have given to the announcers but failed to do so.

So enjoy the temporary BUFF you lame !@# Warlock players, the writing is on the walls, your gimmick tricks have an expiration date.

Nobody is running the card in construced AS is in any kind of competetive card. Why in the world do you think they would nerf it ? Not to mention a 1 health minion is unplayable without stealth against most classes.
Reply Quote
01/21/2014 01:37 PMPosted by Serp
Nobody is running the card in construced AS is in any kind of competetive card. Why in the world do you think they would nerf it ? Not to mention a 1 health minion is unplayable without stealth against most classes.

Excellent specimen of aforementioned delusional warlock noob.
Reply Quote

Show me a decent deck that includes Blood Imps since the Patch. Everyone runs Giants thats in the higher ranks. Rushdecks in general are iffy with Warlocks these days unless you're in lower ranks.

And yes 1 Hitpoint cards are unplayable against Mage and very hard against Druid , Rogue .
Edited by Serp on 1/21/2014 3:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
Assumptions, insults and stuff pulled from the thin air

Yeah, this is a lot of BS coming from a guy who doesn't even play Warlock.
Edited by Greywind on 1/21/2014 3:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/21/2014 03:17 PMPosted by Serp

Show me a decent deck that includes Blood Imps since the Patch. Everyone runs Giants thats in the higher ranks. Rushdecks in general are iffy with Warlocks these days unless you're in lower ranks.

And yes 1 Hitpoint cards are unplayable against Mage and very hard against Druid , Rogue, Shaman .

You forgot Shamans.
Reply Quote
Still OP. 1 card can instantly determine whether you win or lose on first drop. Stupid card. Depending on the class you are you're basically just screwed.
Reply Quote
I am lock only playing against You as mage. I think its nerf for sure. It made huge blow against murlock locks, With one imp He could eat me alive with ease, With 2 it was impossible, in turn 5 Murlocks were with HP out of any Aoe. Dunno if nerf was too much or not nowadays we have new king of rushers , hunter.

But what do You think about plus or cons return of before patch imps but they would cost you at the end of turn one HP , for each imp as aura cost?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]