Blood imp, still kind of OP?

This is one of the most op'd cards in the game. its basically unattackle for SEVERAL turns (4 is usually the turn when most decks get a board clearing card, and even then they have to HAVE a card in their hand) I just played a deck that had this on first turn, followed by a voidwalked, all on first turn with a coin. I couldn't even play a card by the time this guy had a +7 voidwalker taunt on the board, while STILL having the imp that I couldn't attack. I took the smart move and just ended the game before playing a card. This is ridiculous.
Reply Quote
The same thing goes for a priestess/footmen combo on opening move. These cards are WAY overpowered to start a game off with. And if a player doesn't get a board clearing card soon, or ever, then its an auto loss. Im tired of this game and its overpowerd cards. Game after game I go in with a good hand, just to find these ridiculous cards played against me that I have NO defense or offense against. It ruins the game, I quit.
Reply Quote
Just came up against my first Blood Imp, two of them actually. Was forced to waste the only AOE spell I had and then was stuck with the second one for the rest of the match. It turned into a game of kill the other minions before they were buffed beyond my ability. In the end I won, but only by the skin of my teeth.

I'd think it'd make sense to leave the Blood Imp as is, but change to 0/6 (or something) and have it bleed out 1 HP every round. Kind of like it's giving it's life to the others.
Reply Quote
The blood imp was previously broken. And now it's fixed. I think the card is just fine now. Any kind of aoe removes it. It is strong vs anything that is not aoe. The card has a weakness, Run no aoe and you might face this. All fair.

And you do not need to kill the blood imp to win. I've had one dropped turn 1 and it was there as I won. It lived as it's warlock master died. That card is certainly not one of the more OP cards on the game.
Reply Quote
It's balanced. I actually find it fairly mediocre much of the time now, since so many early games now are fought between 2/1's, 3/2's, 3/1's, 2/2's etc., that most of the time buffing your Knife Juggler, Gnome or Faerie Dragon to a 2/2 or 3/3 does very little to stop opponent from trading, and by mid-game if you have more creatures out the random factor means you have no control over who gets the +1 health.

Don't get me wrong, I've had my fair share of games that it's come through ftw but its very obvious how less dramatic its ability is now, and not being able to attack or chip for damage is a big drawback too, there's SO many times where I get a minion down to 1 health or they have divine shield, I so badly want to sui him into it but can't, and it is a drawback.
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 05:01 AMPosted by Rade
The most important thing is that now you cannot exploit the way the buff used to work to absorb an AoE damage effect. That makes it much less powerful than it used to be.

Oh god... Zoo with old Blood Imps... Good thing no one thought of Zoo in that meta.
Reply Quote
Everyone uses priestess.

No one uses blood imp.

Why does a class card suck compare to the neutral counterpart?
Reply Quote
Blood Imp has stealth, and that is it's major problem, considering it has 0 attack. Only Hunters can take away the stealth, the rest, need to wait a few good turns before they can kill this thing. Not to mention, if you start with 2, they can but each other past AoE damage...
Reply Quote
People keep saying it can't attack...It can if you buff it with spells/creatures...keep it in play as long as it's serving a purpose or use it as fodder with power overwhelming (or abusive sgt., ect.) as needed. Until then it's a stealth minion giving a buff each turn that can't be targeted...
Reply Quote
I am new to hearthstone so I guess I do not get all the game mechanics but blood imp, WTF ???
1 mana ? Even if I kill it outright, what will it cost me, 2-3 mana at least with some aoe damage ?
So even if it does nothing at all and I kill it from the start, I am loosing. if I do not kill it, I find my self with a horde of unkillable minions and I just rage quit the game.
So WTF ???
Reply Quote
04/14/2014 04:59 PMPosted by Wtflag
Everyone uses priestess.

No one uses blood imp.

How priestess is better ?
Blood imp is OP because you cannot kill it. Priestess can be killed by any random crap. You are rly lucky if it heals more than 1 HP in its life which make its passive useless.
Reply Quote
04/13/2014 08:27 PMPosted by the8thark
The blood imp was previously broken. And now it's fixed. I think the card is just fine now. Any kind of aoe removes it. It is strong vs anything that is not aoe. The card has a weakness, Run no aoe and you might face this. All fair.

And you do not need to kill the blood imp to win. I've had one dropped turn 1 and it was there as I won. It lived as it's warlock master died. That card is certainly not one of the more OP cards on the game.

You beat it once ? So it is not OP ?
How is it even relevant ?
Reply Quote
Blood Imp is still op (however it's not as retardedly op as it used to be) but luckily people don't realize that and don't play the card.
Reply Quote
05/09/2014 07:47 AMPosted by Azzarox
04/14/2014 04:59 PMPosted by Wtflag
Everyone uses priestess.

No one uses blood imp.

How priestess is better ?
Blood imp is OP because you cannot kill it. Priestess can be killed by any random crap. You are rly lucky if it heals more than 1 HP in its life which make its passive useless.

Priestess actually does something.

04/14/2014 08:55 PMPosted by DM13
Blood Imp has stealth, and that is it's major problem, considering it has 0 attack. Only Hunters can take away the stealth, the rest, need to wait a few good turns before they can kill this thing. Not to mention, if you start with 2, they can but each other past AoE damage...

1. Non-targeted damage or destruction also works. For example, Arcane Missiles, Avenging Wrath, and Kodo or Mad Bomber Neutral cards.

2. If they're buffing each other they are buffing "worthless" cards, and the more "worthless" minions you have out the larger the chance that they'll ignore the ones you actually want to buff, so starting with 2 is not only unproductive, it's even counter-productive.

3. Many classes have access to cheap AoE. At the very least Wild Pyromancer and Doomsayer. So if it's that much of an issue, feel free to consider including them. Even Priests who otherwise probably have the most difficulty with Blood Imp have ways to counter-act it's effects, such as bypassing Health to begin with (Shadow Word: Whatever) or by being the second class than can counter stealth (Mass Dispel, which also will remove any extra health still on the other minions from the Imp as a bonus).

05/09/2014 07:48 AMPosted by Azzarox
You beat it once ? So it is not OP ?
How is it even relevant ?

To be fair, it's more relevant than baseless statements like:

05/09/2014 12:53 PMPosted by Marchenoir
Blood Imp is still op (however it's not as retardedly op as it used to be) but luckily people don't realize that and don't play the card.

Which don't give any facts, anecdotes, or logic to support their claims.
Reply Quote
Should you normally see blood imp in every game when you are just starting out and have mostly a basic deck? I'm thinking there has to be some OP-ness to Blood Imp as the OP described... otherwise, why would everyone use it every game? Just give me one game where it's not used and I'll be happy :)

So far 5/5 games have had Blood Imp - I'm not entirely sure if that's normal, but it seems like a lot. I also play the rogue so maybe I'm weak to it?
Edited by Nuadin on 7/24/2014 5:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Welp, as soon as I said that I fought a rogue who didn't have blood imp (of course). Apparently I only had to ask. :)
Edited by Nuadin on 7/24/2014 6:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
maybe at rank 20 it's op but for big boys and girls it's not op, it's a crap card that's dead 95% of the time
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]