Closed Beta Patch 1.0.0.4482 Known Issues

(Locked)

i donated like 100$+. few packs from arena + had alot of packs from gold farming etc. so in result i had many cards on my account. and now im feeling like few cards is missing. its hard to recall corect what cards i missing (not to say if you had 2 and now 1 of them :-/)... cause i play like warlock and rogue most of the time and didnt tuched many of other heroes (like druid or paladin etc.) but i clearly can see something not right :-/ and when i tryed to decline quest to get another one.. quest just disapeared... so i dont have a quest anymore :-/

Fortriks [EU server].
Edited by Fortriks on 1/17/2014 12:00 PM PST
I was playing my rogue deck and got disconnected when trying to join a match. When I re launched I didn't have either of my Fan of Knives basic cards, even though it says i have 12/20 basic cards.
Like I've been always shouting for

JUST DO ANOTHER SWIPE!!!

With these many bugs in beta, how the heck do you think it's correct to go release without a complete reset???
01/17/2014 11:40 AMPosted by SabotaGGe
On logging today I didn't receive my daily quest.
It sucks, I save gold all week to make some arenas on weekends but now i'm 50 short for an extra run

I had the same problem play a game and see if you get it afterwards that worked for me
01/16/2014 01:54 PMPosted by itayphonix
shadowflame kills my minion insted of +2/+2

ya same here

shadowflame sux pls buff
01/17/2014 12:24 PMPosted by Akarin
With these many bugs in beta, how the heck do you think it's correct to go release without a complete reset???

If there is a full wipe again, which I doubt there will be, it will be like last time. Any real money paid into arena or packs will be refunded with the equivalent gold amount. It won't make a difference, and a wipe won't do anything to the bugs. They will still persist.
had issue with redemption not triggering throughout the game. not sure if this is related to the resurrection issue already reported though.
Another person whining about a wipe, because they most likely are jealous of other players. The only reason a wipe might be needed now is if they player's card are actually becoming mia and they don't have a backup. It would be difficult to try to determine all the cards that has disappeared and be able to recover it for each and every person.
01/17/2014 01:59 PMPosted by Ozzyrocker45

If there is a full wipe again, which I doubt there will be, it will be like last time. Any real money paid into arena or packs will be refunded with the equivalent gold amount. It won't make a difference, and a wipe won't do anything to the bugs. They will still persist.

It'll make a huge difference. The RNG in the packs will be different, making it possible to end up with much better/worse collection. And the packs won in arena will need to be won again, thus reducing collection size considerably for some.
I am having the same problems as sabotage. I haven't received a daily quest in the last two days.
Nuts..wish i knew the daily quest thing...there goes my daily quest/gold :(
yikes at that missing card bug. I unpacked one UTH last night I remembered I needed to dust today and don't see it. I wonder if I am just forgetting having done so before bed.
I just want to add to this thread:

http://imgur.com/Z3Ru5m5

Loving that random minion swap...
Here's another bug--albeit not directly a Hearthstone bug...

http://imgur.com/zRyxUef
01/16/2014 01:44 PMPosted by Tonix
I cried a bit inside when I tried to get a new quest and it was just removed. Sad days

lol this happened to my friend.
He says it's Blizzard's scheme to get people to buy more packs.
Edited by VietPho on 1/17/2014 6:42 PM PST
01/16/2014 09:24 PMPosted by toolbear
can't fix a bug [...chastising followed by boasting...]

TL;DR - shhh...it's called "beta" for a reason.

Your boast implies you're a developer, but I doubt you have much experience. Otherwise, you would be familiar with bug triage and understand that this bug has lingered simply because it wasn't a priority. Not surprising for a bug that had been intermittent; also, the hallmark of a difficult to reproduce bug. In the grand list of things that could go wrong in this game -- such as real money transactions or destructive or consumptive crafting actions -- I can see why minion order would be a lower priority.

10 years software engineer. That bug causes losses, happens frequently for a wide range of players, and has 'lingered' through several patches. It's not hard to reproduce, those afflicted with it can reproduce it on demand, and if you see how this latest patch has escalated the issue then I'm surprised you would think there were that many higher priority issues. They managed to find time to rework and test Warsong Commander, but no time for a bug that ruins use of any placement-based card?

We aren't talking elusive little bugs here. The placement bug and the card-stacking bug should have been eliminated a long time ago.
We are aware that the issue with minions arbitrarily swapping places with other minions on the board has appeared to become more prevalent with the recent patch. This issue is one of our top priorities to resolve as soon as possible, but unfortunately has been extremely complex to fully resolve. We will provide additional updates once more information becomes available.

As a developer myself, I'm having a hard time understanding how this could be so complex. Anybody out there have an idea? Bugs happen, of course, but shouldn't this be based on a simple ordered list of minions? Why would the order change out of the blue? I've seen similar bugs before but they were mainly related to offsets on the whole list, nothing to do with index swapping.

Edit: typo.

The order is not really changing, only the graphic representation of the order. The problem is where you see the cards is not where they really are. If you see things from your opponents side, everything looks correct. Every time this bug occurs, you look like an idiot to your opponent.

Edit: Oh good, the way that this forum displays on chrome made me think page 2 was the last page. Now I'm replying to something that is likely already addressed.
Edited by Doomtrain on 1/17/2014 8:03 PM PST

As a developer myself, I'm having a hard time understanding how this could be so complex. Anybody out there have an idea? Bugs happen, of course, but shouldn't this be based on a simple ordered list of minions? Why would the order change out of the blue? I've seen similar bugs before but they were mainly related to offsets on the whole list, nothing to do with index swapping.

Edit: typo.

The order is not really changing, only the graphic representation of the order. The problem is where you see the cards is not where they really are. If you see things from your opponents side, everything looks correct. Every time this bug occurs, you look like an idiot to your opponent.

Edit: Oh good, the way that this forum displays on chrome made me think page 2 was the last page. Now I'm replying to something that is likely already addressed.

No, it wasn't really addressed. Thanks for your input. Thing is, though, I already knew all that. I've developed graph layout algorithms with ordered nodes, and for the life of me I can't see how I could set a node's position based on order and manage to screw it up in a way that is "extremely complex". I've even worked on graph node translation animation; again I don't see how you can move a node to a position that does not reflect the underlying list, in such a way that makes the fix so complex.

Edit: just to be clear, when I asked "why would the order change", I meant on the screen, not in the underlying list.
Edited by Arkatar on 1/17/2014 8:16 PM PST
Edit: RE: Someone that was not able to use a druid deck.... (apparently you can't attach a reply to a specific post).

Facing the same issue with a warrior deck I just created. I was able to create custom decks for the class types I defeated when playing other players. I defeated the warrior class only in practice mode and created a custom warrior deck and am unable to select it in practice mode or pvp. I also can not go back to see what cards are in the deck or view the deck information in any way when I view it in "my collection".
Edited by Kuahara on 1/17/2014 8:27 PM PST
Played an arena game where my opponent played Abusive Sergeant on a turn without a minion in play to give the +2 attack buff to, I then killed it on my next turn. Then on his next turn he played another minion and that minion gained a +2 attack automatically from the Abusive Sergeant that was played one turn earlier. A WTF moment indeed.

Please check that bug out. Thanks!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]