Closed Beta Patch 1.0.0.4482 Known Issues

(Locked)

i'm pretty sure i just lost 60 gold today in my arena. played it finish and i'm pretty certain the 60 gold wasn't credited. Was as though my eyes were playing a trick on me!!!
01/17/2014 04:55 PMPosted by Vern
I am having the same problems as sabotage. I haven't received a daily quest in the last two days.

Same. Didn't get a daily quest for Friday or Saturday. Kinda removes any incentive to play. Honestly, logged on thinking I would have two daily quests to complete and then could do an arena run and now no point to playing at all.
just lost today quest when i was going to change it... just disappear...
I guess Blizzard wants to limit the gold even further for F2P players. Probably will announce this as a change, so quests can't be mulligan for possible better ones.
i cant open hearthstone after this update!!
I didn't see this bug in the known issues section but I played a few games yesterday where there was some trouble with buffing "adjacent minions" and minions not placing properly.

For example:
I played a Dire Wolf Alpha which had minions on both sides which received the buff. But when I placed another minion on right side of the right adjacent minion the +1 buff shifted to the newly placed minion (that is not next to the DWA).

When playing Defender of Argus only 1 of the adjacent minions got buffed, this happened to me and I also noticed it happened to my opponent.

As for the placement problem, I know friends of mine have had the same problem when we try to play a minion and place it inbetween 2 minions already on the board it is placed on the far right when released. I think it happens when we play the card too soon and the graphics haven't fully created a space between the minions already present on the field.

The minions in question have all been shot and dusted, I will not tolerate insubordination. :(
So are we going to get our quests back? Cause thats a minimum of 40 gold I lost because i tried to reroll my quest yesterday. :(
01/16/2014 01:14 PMPosted by Aratil
than it was with patch 1.0.0.4458.

Says "then" on the Desktop App. Raaaaaaaaaaaggggeeeee!!!!
01/16/2014 07:12 PMPosted by Arkatar
We are aware that the issue with minions arbitrarily swapping places with other minions on the board has appeared to become more prevalent with the recent patch. This issue is one of our top priorities to resolve as soon as possible, but unfortunately has been extremely complex to fully resolve. We will provide additional updates once more information becomes available.

As a developer myself, I'm having a hard time understanding how this could be so complex. Anybody out there have an idea? Bugs happen, of course, but shouldn't this be based on a simple ordered list of minions? Why would the order change out of the blue? I've seen similar bugs before but they were mainly related to offsets on the whole list, nothing to do with index swapping.

Edit: typo.

Minion positions are both client side and server side... real positions are held on server for safety reasons (hacking). To me there seems to be a conflict with these two records. I'd say server uses a buffer before it processes data and something bypasses that buffer and makes a lot of mayhem on client side when data is refreshed from server.

The bug is probably just a line of code that's not that obvious and seems OK on a glance. As you should know as a developer... Hardest bugs to spot are the ones that "seem to work as intended".
I have had qst problames for 2 days now the qst you abonden dosent get replaced, i also seen red cros in me deck with 30 cards and had to restart the game delete me deck on me rogue a vieuw times to get playing again but the qst keeps troubling me :(

This cross thing happened when i tryt to add parret card and pirate: Captain Greenskin and murloc: Old Murk-Eye
Edited by ZeNz on 1/18/2014 4:52 AM PST
After completing a battle in play I cannot alter that hero's deck. I can however choose a different hero and view/edit those decks.

Example, after I completed battles in "play" with a warlock AND hunter I could not go back to my collection to view/edit those decks. When I click the hero in "My Collection" nothing happens.
Just lost my quest :( So I guess I cant press X to try for better quests eh
Edit my post above

After losing** a battle in play I cannot alter that hero's deck. I can however choose a different hero and view/edit those decks.

Example, after I lost battles in "play" with a warlock AND hunter I could not go back to my collection to view/edit those decks. When I click the hero in "My Collection" nothing happens.

If I win, the decks can be viewed/edited
Just confirming, no daily quest for me today either.
Tried to change my daily quest today, and it just disapeared!

Are we going to get a refund for quests lost when this is fixed??
01/18/2014 02:54 AMPosted by Irijan

As a developer myself, I'm having a hard time understanding how this could be so complex. Anybody out there have an idea? Bugs happen, of course, but shouldn't this be based on a simple ordered list of minions? Why would the order change out of the blue? I've seen similar bugs before but they were mainly related to offsets on the whole list, nothing to do with index swapping.

Edit: typo.

Minion positions are both client side and server side... real positions are held on server for safety reasons (hacking). To me there seems to be a conflict with these two records. I'd say server uses a buffer before it processes data and something bypasses that buffer and makes a lot of mayhem on client side when data is refreshed from server.

The bug is probably just a line of code that's not that obvious and seems OK on a glance. As you should know as a developer... Hardest bugs to spot are the ones that "seem to work as intended".

Thanks for your input, much appreciated. I hadn't thought about buffers/caches, which would make a lot of sense. And yes, I've had my fair share of "this should work, why isn't it working" moments. :-)
01/18/2014 09:21 AMPosted by Commissar
Tried to change my daily quest today, and it just disapeared!

Are we going to get a refund for quests lost when this is fixed??

This is a beta test. Since no real money was involved, I doubt they would bother (read: waste their time) implementing some sort of refund for such a small issue. That is unless the same mechanism used during the previous wipe can also be used for this, in which case it shouldn't be much of a problem for them.
I got the bug today where you abandon a quest in order to swap it for a new one and it was replaced with nothing.
the DELETED QUEST issue, I just lost 60 gold quest.
Yesterday I tried to get another quest also by disgarding one. Didnt get new one. Thought this was probably a bug or something.

Now I see it is.

BUT Today I logged in I didnt only get a new daily, but the Other quests I had are gone as well!!

Plz tell me this is just a temporary thing?

Thnx

Xahe
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]