New OP combo for warrior with 'nerfed' charge

After the recent patch, you probably think that "charge" is now a dreadful card, if not one of the worst cards in the game because it can no longer play a big minion and give it charge without being at ten mana crystals, which was previously how "charge" was used, and you cannot do the OTK strategy that utilises Alexstrasa (which that and the Molten giant + Warsong Commander + brewmaster combo is what "made the warrior so powerful"). but, after ten minutes of play, i discovered an incredibly powerful (but gimicky) combo which is:

Raging Worgen + Charge + Inner rage
(3 + 3 + 0 mana)

Basically, this combo allows you to do SIXTEEN DAMAGE with an 8/2 Windfury/Charge minion on turn six, the earliest it can be played (Turn 5 if you have the coin) which is just !@#$%^- ridiculous. it might not be OTK, but it most certainly is something to be feared. GG guys.
Reply Quote
Try to use it, this will happen: Blizz will remove warrior from the game.
Reply Quote
I seriously don't understand if this is a troll post or what.

Warrior is a pretty garbage class with a garbage hero power. If you're afraid of 16 damage, put some taunt cards in your deck. Tazdingo will put a full stomp from this, and defender of argus is still redic stupid.
Reply Quote
it's gimmicky and worse.. it's also a card-burning combo which usually results in a huge card disadvantage... primarily something you save as a finisher (this is assuming you were able to board control enough to damage opponent a few times)

I've tried this set up so many times

I've had so many games where I pummeled my opponent down to 5 hp but I couldn't finish because of the card-burning nature of this combo. I was literally top-decking and lost.
Reply Quote
01/16/2014 01:23 PMPosted by Xaxas
I seriously don't understand if this is a troll post or what.

Warrior is a pretty garbage class with a garbage hero power. If you're afraid of 16 damage, put some taunt cards in your deck. Tazdingo will put a full stomp from this, and defender of argus is still redic stupid.

Commanding shout says hi.
Reply Quote
01/17/2014 01:39 PMPosted by Ravis
it's gimmicky and worse.. it's also a card-burning combo which usually results in a huge card disadvantage... primarily something you save as a finisher (this is assuming you were able to board control enough to damage opponent a few times)

I've tried this set up so many times

I've had so many games where I pummeled my opponent down to 5 hp but I couldn't finish because of the card-burning nature of this combo. I was literally top-decking and lost.

After playing and testing the power in this combo in a warrior burst damage deck (massive damage on a empty table, kind of like hunters UTH before it was remade) I've noticed that the combo is devastating as no-one can prepare for it as they don't expect it, but your point is valid; it relies too heavily on top decking. maybe add x2 of the cards in your deck and add good number of card draw to your deck, but that's probably too much effort for one simple gimmick. this combo is probably only viable in a rushdown deck to bring your opponent to 16 so that the combo kills him (or 12 for a grommash finisher).but either way that you see it, this combo is not as good as I first thought it was because of your very reasoning, it relies too much on top-decking.
Reply Quote
01/16/2014 01:23 PMPosted by Xaxas

Warrior is a pretty garbage class with a garbage hero power.

Maybe if you ran control warrior, you'd understand the beauty of armor. remove their minions, armor up, remove their minions have a lot of armor, shield slam their minions for a lot, have a ton of armor. Nothing to play? Gain 2 armor.

Armor is glorious. Alexstrasza doesn't work on armor. Water ele doesn't work past armor. Armor is mega removal. Armor is awesome.
Reply Quote
Played it last night with rampage. 22+ damage on turn 8 keeps OTK alive. However taunts (druids) stomp it cold. Heals too. I destroyed every hunter I faced. Lost to a mage when I couldn't pull combo cards, which is actually hard since there is a ton of card draw in the deck with coldlight seer, looters, engineers, warrior draw cards, etc. Its fun but too gimmicky to play seriously. Too much taunt out there.
Reply Quote
3 card for 16 damage and you are left with nothing if you cant kill him.
Reply Quote
Warrior is the only class that burns too much cards yet lacks active card draws.
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 02:04 AMPosted by LuneSave
Maybe if you ran control warrior, you'd understand the beauty of armor. remove their minions, armor up, remove their minions have a lot of armor, shield slam their minions for a lot, have a ton of armor. Nothing to play? Gain 2 armor.

Armor is glorious. Alexstrasza doesn't work on armor. Water ele doesn't work past armor. Armor is mega removal. Armor is awesome.

^^^^^This. Control warriors are awesome!
Edited by Zarrakk on 1/25/2014 10:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
I do run this with rampages and all that in a warrior rush deck. It is fairly successful and fun.
Reply Quote
I've been doing that as well, but I also kept the warsong commander because the raging worgen still gets charge, and I use inner fury or whirlwind to enrage him. I also took out the pandaren and use the charge card to get the molten giant to attack at the start.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]