Closed Beta Patch Notes 1.0.0.4482

Community Manager
Hearthstone Closed Beta Patch 1.0.0.4458 Known Issues can be found here.

General

• Resolved some issues that were introduced with the previous patch that exacerbated the frequency in which minions arbitrarily swapped places with other minions on the board. This issue is not yet fully resolved but should now be less prevalent than it was with patch 1.0.0.4458.

Certain Expert cards have been changed and the amount of dust that you get from disenchanting these cards have been temporarily increased such that it is equal to the amount of dust that it would have originally cost to craft those cards. Affected cards are:

• Abusive Sergeant
  • Blood Imp
  • Dark Iron Dwarf
  • Defender of Argus
  • Pyroblast
  • Sylvanas Windrunner
  • Unleash the Hounds

Hunter

Unleash the Hounds now costs 2 (down from 4)
  • Unleash the Hounds was intended to give Hunters their own form of AoE and to have synergy with other beast cards, but its old cost was too prohibitive.

Mage

Pyroblast now costs 10 (up from 8)
  • The 8-cost Pyroblast made for an un-interactive experience where the Mage only needed to do 10 damage during the course of a game and then double Pyroblast you for the win. We want Mages to be more interactive with the opponent to achieve victory, rather than delay the game until they can Pyroblast.

Warlock

Blood Imp is now a 0/1 (down from 1/1) and now reads: Stealth. At the end of your turn, give another random friendly minion +1 Health.
  • The Warlock has three very strong 1-cost minions and that made the Warlock rush deck slightly stronger than we were comfortable with.

Warrior

Warsong Commander has been reworked and now reads: Whenever you play a minion with 3 or less Attack, give it Charge.

Charge (the spell, not the keyword) has been reworked and now costs 3 mana. The card’s new power reads: “Give a friendly minion +2 Attack and Charge”.

• Both of these cards were key components in “One Turn Kill” or “OTK” decks that kill your opponent in one turn without requiring any cards on the board. We want the game to be about playing minions and fighting for board control rather than just waiting until you can play your big combo and win in one turn with no interaction from your opponent.

Neutral

Abusive Sergeant now reads Battlecry: Give a minion +2 Attack until end of turn
  • Abusive Sergeant was changed to make his power the same as the new Dark Iron Dwarf and to give it additional versatility.

Dark Iron Dwarf now reads Battlecry: Give a minion +2 Attack until end of turn
  • This change was made to reduce the Dark Iron Dwarf’s overall power slightly. We also wanted to make the Battlecry effect the same as Abusive Sergeant‘s as to not force you to permanently buff one of your opponent’s creatures.

Defender of Argus is now a 2/3 (down from 3/3)
  • Defender of Argus was a card that found itself automatically included in many decks due to its power and stats. We want players to have an option of what cards they put in their decks, so cards that feel like they must be in all decks (especially Neutral ones) are not ideal.

Novice Engineer is now a 1/1 (down from 1/2)
  • The Novice Engineer was played in most non-rush decks (and even some rush decks) due to its cost and power. Similar in reasoning to our Defender of Argus change, we want players to have an option of what cards they put in their decks.

Sylvanas Windrunner now costs 6 (up from 5)
  • Sylvanas had power and stats that made it a bit too powerful compared to other 5-cost cards, which made it automatically included in many decks. We want players to have an option of what cards they put in their decks, so cards that feel like they must be in all decks (especially Neutral ones) are not ideal.
Edited by Zeriyah on 1/17/2014 8:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
Where is stuff like the new wait time counter on queues? Just wondering :)
Reply Quote
01/16/2014 01:18 PMPosted by Zeriyah
Certain Expert cards have been changed and the amount of dust that you get from disenchanting these cards have been temporarily increased such that it is equal to the amount of dust that it would have originally cost to craft those cards.

Is it known how long we have until the cards are no longer disenchantabled for full value?
Reply Quote
we want players to have an option of what cards they put in their decks.

That was the option i enjoyed putting in my deck for card draw and early board control though that could survive a 1 damage ping early.
Reply Quote
This update has restored some of my faith in the dev team, no more losing to Pyro-cheese-stall Mage decks, also the Warsong Commander/Young Brewmaster/Molten Giant OTK is gone now. =)

I think I might actually run Dark Iron Dwarf again now that he doesn't try to give my opponent's creature +2 Attack. XD
Reply Quote
01/16/2014 05:09 PMPosted by RaxZergling

Is it known how long we have until the cards are no longer disenchantabled for full value?

I have the same question !

PLEASE someone Blizz-related answer ! :s
Reply Quote
I want to share my opinion on the changes made to Dark Iron Dwarf: After testing the card on multiple decks, I feel that its impact has been severely diminished. The new one-turn damage increase sounds good in concept as it seems to advance map control. However, getting substantial benefit from 2 damage on one turn is actually very circumstantial. Cases in which the dwarf is used with little to no benefit include:
- Both players have minions that cancel each other out already(very common in the early game such as 3-2 vs 2-3).
- Any time your board is clear (or when the enemy board is clear since now that the buff disappears it is no longer an investment into future board control).
- Any time you have on the board a utility minion that you wish to keep alive right now instead of trade.
Of course, there is an occasional situation where you have an expendable minion in play that needs the 2 damage to trade that turn. However, in every other scenario you are for all intents and purposes just playing a 4-4 minion for a 4 crystal cost. Additionally, in an optimal scenario where you might have set up a minion that can survive the trade (cheap low health, high hp minions, or a cheap minion with divine shield) with the intent to trade in your favor and push for control early, as soon as the turn ends it goes back to being a low damage (and now also low hp) minion.
I feel that the card's ability is right now too ephemeral and not fit for a turn four minion. Despite the shortcoming of the previous Dark Iron Dwarf mentioned by Phaedros, I think it has been a strong, solid card...and there's nothing wrong with that.
Reply Quote
Posted by RaxZergling

I have the same question !

PLEASE someone Blizz-related answer ! :s

They said it will be for the next 2 weeks.
Reply Quote
Unleash the Hounds was intended to give Hunters their own form of AoE and to have synergy with other beast cards, but its old cost was too prohibitive.

wtf is this?! 2 mana?! really?! omg!

its like you never use your brain to add some creativite to mechanics. you just made hunters op. and didnt changed the fact that hunters was boring to play cause of 1 build -> beast master. GG.

PS: by no brain i talking about hunters WOLF NOW! cost 1 mana buffs all beast +1. so i played ranked today and manytimes hunters had like 6 units with 2/1 + rush (cause of hound). GG. wtf you nerfing imp cause it gives all units +1 health you nerfing iron dwarf etc. but hunters wolf who cost 1 mana now op with hound and you almost cant recover from 4th turn 4-5 hounds with 2/1. its out of mind how someone can buff soem card so much withoput thinking. that if someone got like 3-4 units (totems 1 mana 1/1 etc) hunter can cast buzzard and get 4+ cards at 4rth mana. wtf is this? balance?
Edited by Fortriks on 1/17/2014 10:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
yes it is balance now a hunter can survive a rush warrior or warlock or mage deck
Reply Quote
I really reeeeeally get the feeling that everything that is even remotely decent is getting nerfed down to make everything about really bland creature interaction. It is entirely acceptable that Combo and Control decks get to exist, but it doesnt seem that you guys agree.

A Mage who's waiting around until they can double pyroblast HAS interacted with the game. They've controlled their opponent's plays well enough to survive until turn 9+ and have drawn both of their kill conditions, they wouldnt be able to live that long if their opponent was given free reign to beat them in the face with no repercussions.

I have to admit the change to Unleash the Hounds was a good move though. At four mana it was flat unplayable. At 2 it's still super situational, but might actually serve as reasonable removal.
Edited by Nykidemus on 1/18/2014 2:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
Congrats on making the worst patch ever, now it's 90% huntards in rank 18+ and all the matches are extremely boring.

Guess I'll have to play huntard myself.. or just wait until the next patch
Reply Quote
Congrats on making the worst patch ever, now it's 90% huntards in rank 18+ and all the matches are extremely boring.

Guess I'll have to play huntard myself.. or just wait until the next patch

or paladin. :) because, you know,.. after they nerfed every class in the game... pally is 100% balanced hero lol

PS: i see patern. its gonna be like in wow. now we got month of hunters after 1 month of hunters joy they gonna nerf hunters and buff rogues. and its gonna be month of rouge. same n00b balancing like in world of warcraft.
Edited by Fortriks on 1/20/2014 8:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/18/2014 06:51 AMPosted by cbingham003
yes it is balance now a hunter can survive a rush warrior or warlock or mage deck

It can even survive an atomic blast standing at ground zero, while holding up a stick with a marshmallow. ;)

@Blues, shouldn't Nat be in those notes as well? I believe he has been fixed.
Reply Quote
Mage

Pyroblast now costs 10 (up from 8)
The 8-cost Pyroblast made for an un-interactive experience where the Mage only needed to do 10 damage during the course of a game and then double Pyroblast you for the win. We want Mages to be more interactive with the opponent to achieve victory, rather than delay the game until they can Pyroblast.

thank you
Reply Quote
i like some of the changes made, but i got to point out that the wasnt any real nerf to defender and dont see y there would be a preferable card over it.
Reply Quote
Hunters going back on my instant-concede list...Mage welcome back Hunter :)

This would explain why in ranked it's either a mage or a hunter I always seem to be matched up with lol.
Edited by Landorn on 1/23/2014 11:02 AM PST
Reply Quote

Hunter

• Unleash the Hounds was intended to give Hunters their own form of AoE and to have synergy with other beast cards, but its old cost was too prohibitive.

This one is too low, try 3 instead.

Warlock

Blood Imp is now a 0/1 (down from 1/1) and now reads: Stealth. At the end of your turn, give another random friendly minion +1 Health.
  • The Warlock has three very strong 1-cost minions and that made the Warlock rush deck slightly stronger than we were comfortable with.

Now it's awful. Why didn't you went for 1/1 with new card text first ?

Warrior

Warsong Commander has been reworked and now reads: Whenever you play a minion with 3 or less Attack, give it Charge.

Charge (the spell, not the keyword) has been reworked and now costs 3 mana. The card’s new power reads: “Give a friendly minion +2 Attack and Charge”.

• Both of these cards were key components in “One Turn Kill” or “OTK” decks that kill your opponent in one turn without requiring any cards on the board. We want the game to be about playing minions and fighting for board control rather than just waiting until you can play your big combo and win in one turn with no interaction from your opponent.

But now, WC is bit on weak side. Maybe 3 wasn't best number, and 4 would be better.

Also, to make people able to build good non-cookie-cutter decks, where is nerf to pat, ragnaros, some druid cards and giants ?
Reply Quote
see this is why hearthstone needs a general chat. in order to find out info you might want for the game you have to search the forums and you see all the stuff in these forums? its general stuff uis players would be talkign about in a general chat if it was in game. just saying i dont understand why blizzard decided general chat wasnt put ingame i can see not chating while in a match but no sense in no general chat
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]