Warlock Murloc Deck users

How are you guys doing?

I plan to make one and I wanna ask :

Is the nerf to Blood Imp a little too big of a deal? Did it change your mechanics? Or not at all?

How's the strength of your deck now? Is it hard to win since the latest patch? Or you guys still going strong and winning tons of games?

:)

Discuss. :D
Edited by Paoskie on 1/17/2014 3:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
Cmon Warlock Murlocs! 28 views no reply. :(
Reply Quote
01/17/2014 12:11 PMPosted by Paoskie
Cmon Warlock Murlocs! 28 views no reply. :(

playing murloc deck is basically saying: i have no brains and 0 skill in this game, but i like to win alot.
Reply Quote
And a hater replies. Eww.
Reply Quote
Once I realized how to get a Old Murk-eye I tried it and...I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other. It's ok, just that if the draws aren't in your favor it kinda loses its flair.

I don't think I built the exact list. I think im still missing a couple key cards too.
Edited by Buckshot84 on 1/17/2014 11:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
Everyone who has a few means to remove minions easily within the first few rounds will give you trouble.
Which means that if you're meeting a "smart" opponent, you're not going to be allowed to build up the force necessary to win fast.
If the opponent keeps removing your minions as you put them out, most of them have an AOE by round 4-6, which means at that point they can just wipe all of your minions at once out, which pretty much spells game over.

Of course, you'll also meet Ryusei's, which means free wins.

Currently it's in the way that Shamans and Mages give me quite a hard time.
Warriors, surprisingly, as well. Not to mention of the new Hunter. But Paladins, Druids, etc can usually be handled.
Edited by Greywind on 1/18/2014 12:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/17/2014 03:57 AMPosted by Paoskie
How are you guys doing?

I plan to make one and I wanna ask :

Is the nerf to Blood Imp a little too big of a deal? Did it change your mechanics? Or not at all?

How's the strength of your deck now? Is it hard to win since the latest patch? Or you guys still going strong and winning tons of games?

:)

Discuss. :D

Thought the blood imp was a huge nerf.

Switch to Giant control lock decks.

Realized im not winning as much.

Went back 2 murlocs/low level rush decks.

Winning again.

Blood imp doesn't matter 2 much imo.
Edited by Phunkism on 1/18/2014 12:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
Finally some good replies. Thank you! Please keep them coming. :D
Reply Quote
Druid murloc is the way to go , farmed today 50g so that's 15 wins , haven't lost to any murloc warlock deck
Reply Quote
01/18/2014 01:41 AMPosted by MyBossMyHero
Druid murloc is the way to go , farmed today 50g so that's 15 wins , haven't lost to any murloc warlock deck

Can share deck list buddy?
Reply Quote
I finally crafted a murloc deck - I'd played a warlock rush deck a few months ago, and had a blast with it. I was hesitant to do the murloc thing though, due to all the hate out there. Although I'd never really had a problem stopping them with my shaman deck, unless I just got a horrible draw.

Blood imp isn't a big deal, it was never as much of an issue as whiners were making it out to be. If you were winning before, you'll still be able to win now.

That said, having played it a bit now, the deck is pretty easy. Unless you're playing against an early control deck, you pretty much win. Even then, with a little thinking you can often win anyway. It's all about the other cards you run - have removal and I stuck a molten giant and a faceless manip as a sort of hail mary in cast things get out of hand.
Reply Quote
I took out my blood imps and I'm still winning quite a bit. Basically all it means is that you have an extra aggressive card in your deck instead of a passive one.
Reply Quote
Murloc is just awful. Better don't start playing it.
Reply Quote
Lock-loc decks are very good for grinding, in that, you can play a lot of games.
Either you win fast or you lose fast.
However, nowadays I seem to lose more often making it around 50% w/r.

Place some young priestesses with your bloodimps for optimizing their abilities.
Like someoe said before in this thread: you need a bit of RNG flavor for the win.
Playing against any decent deck/player will give trouble but does not have to men insta lose.

Keep your mana curve low.

Have fun on the battlefield :)
Reply Quote
I actually think that Paladin-Loc are better right now.
You have more cheap ways to buff and shield your murlocs, therefore assure that they are save from AOE and single target removal.
Reply Quote
i still play murlocs and the blood imps are great. especially if ur lucky enough to coin into 2 on turn one. they are just buff magnets for each other. but good players can easily counter murlocs.

it takes some smart decision making to play well as a murloc rush since most ppl have figured out its popular and will run plenty of aoe removals.

i have dropped some of the 2/1 raiders or similar cards for taz-dingo and other taunts. it helps keep my little guys alive longer if i didnt draw the +2 life to all murlocs or +2/1 murloc.

if my opening hand has the +2 health AND the +2/1 i wont play any murlocs till i know i can buff them with some health to give them a fighting chance.

i was lucky enough to get a rag so if i survive to late game ill drop him if i get him and he helps soak up some damage
Reply Quote
Blood imp is now a stealthed young priestess, which can safely buff minions and save them from early aoe, only counter to this massive braindead spam of creatures.
They nerfed their attack because people were attacking whit them for sure, it's hilarious.
Reply Quote
Murcloc decks are more viable now that Blood Imp has been BUFFED. It was not nerfed. It was actually reported incorrectly in the patch notes as having been a nerf. It was actually only a process of an on-going nerf which will eventually have the blood imp at 0/1 without stealth. Blizzard only does minor changes to cards over drastic changes, so limiting it's health and tweaking its effect before it eventually removes stealth made a lot of sense. The problem is that step actually resulted in a buff, not a nerf. This should be rectified in the next patch. So murloc decks are actually much stronger now. Especially if they add Priestess for added synergy with the new awesome Blood Imp.
Reply Quote
Well I'll say that 2 Blood Imps in a murloc deck pretty much won you the game before the patch. If you got them down by turn 2-3, then you were immune to all turn 3-5 AOE spells, meaning that you'd have enough time to get cards on the field in order to rush down the opponent without having to worry about them getting cleared. It goes the same with the Murloc and standard Warlock Rush Decks, so the nerf really only affected decks that tried to flood the board with creatures of low value-cost.
The Blood Imp now will primarily be used to buff single targets many times, often sacking lower-costing creatures to keep a single one alive. Now control- Warlock Decks are stronger because they can flood the board with high-value creatures that are not prone to AOE spells.
When you play a Murlock Rush deck now, I suggest that you get rid of all blood imps and instead replace them with priestesses, as priestesses are the more aggressive version of blood imps, and help considerably when you are trying to deal damage to your opponent. I suggest trying to play in a way that allows you to get the most damage off on your opponent rather than keeping units alive. The only unit you should try to keep alive are your Murloc Warleaders and Murloc Tidecallers, as those cards have the high damage-over-time values associated with them. Other than that, try to go for the face as much as you can now. Without an AOE health buff that the blood imp used to give, it forces Warlock Rush decks to play more aggressively and with more risk than before.
The Blood Imp change was a nerf in one way or another, but it doesn't invalidate the strength of the Murloc Rush deck.
Edited by GuyNGlasses on 1/21/2014 4:37 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]