Warlock Murloc Deck users

I played against a priest murloc deck the other day. It was actually an interesting battle, granted once I smashed the initial wave he basically got ran into the ground.
Reply Quote
2 blood imps pre-patch and 2 coldlight seers:

+6 health to all minions, congratulations, your board is immune to flamestrike on turn 4, much less turn 7.
Reply Quote
Good luck getting them out at the right time, each time, with your opponent not using his removals to keep your side of the board clear.
Oh, and to be lucky enough to have, somehow, magically, 2 coldlight seers in your hand at round 6, with the opponent somehow ignoring all of your murlocs until then, to let you, conveniently, buff them all out of AOE range, instead of using his AOE long before that.
Reply Quote
01/17/2014 10:25 PMPosted by Paoskie
And a hater replies. Eww.

He's right though. Any little idiot with the IQ of a chimpanzee can win games with a murloc deck-- it's just mindless zerging with cards.
Reply Quote
01/21/2014 03:18 PMPosted by Lancelight
Murcloc decks are more viable now that Blood Imp has been BUFFED. It was not nerfed. It was actually reported incorrectly in the patch notes as having been a nerf. It was actually only a process of an on-going nerf which will eventually have the blood imp at 0/1 without stealth. Blizzard only does minor changes to cards over drastic changes, so limiting it's health and tweaking its effect before it eventually removes stealth made a lot of sense. The problem is that step actually resulted in a buff, not a nerf. This should be rectified in the next patch. So murloc decks are actually much stronger now. Especially if they add Priestess for added synergy with the new awesome Blood Imp.

Or you just toss in more face damage. If you get the Warleader you dodge AoE anyways. Rank 3 Wurlock here, and I prefer Leper Gnomes over Priestess and I don't even run Blood Imp.
Reply Quote
01/29/2014 01:53 PMPosted by Lightdeity
And a hater replies. Eww.

He's right though. Any little idiot with the IQ of a chimpanzee can win games with a murloc deck-- it's just mindless zerging with cards.

no you win by bating out the AoE/removal. you will lose more then you win if you just mindless zerg it....
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 01:59 PMPosted by biggameover

no you win by bating out the AoE/removal. you will lose more then you win if you just mindless zerg it....

Lol.
Reply Quote
I've both lost as a pala and as a druid to a lock, mur deck, but it could have just as easily been with any other class and here is why. Just as mentioned before, it's a bit of rng flavor, if you get the warleader with some scouts and also have the Coldlight Seer that gives the other murlocks + 2 hp then something like a turn 4 Consecration or turn 5 Hola Nova won't beat it.
What got me everytime is that despite I had the cards in my deck to beat them, I didn't draw them and the worst part is that by the time you might draw into your aoe, you might already be weakened to such a point that you can't recover anymore.
However if you can stop the early rush then the murlock rush can lose steam quickly and you most likely got yourself a win.
I know some of my fellow forum goers like to resort to name calling but it's a risk for the lock in question to play a deck such as this. To be honest, I'd rather play a murlock deck as a shaman or a pala. Sword of Justice + murlocks could be quite silly. ;p
If I had the murlock cards myself, I might give it a go every now and then.
I love to play as a warlock and I like the deck I made, but it barely involves any demons at all.
Edited by SperoMcgee on 1/31/2014 2:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'm still winning 60-70%. I took out the seargents, imps, and priestess and added tink, power overwhelmings, mortal coil, and void terror. Tried a few games with black knight as well, and some with doomguard, but got screwed due to not having enough cheap cards early game so I switched back.
Reply Quote
I've never actually tried a murloc deck with the old blood imp... Who needs them I say. You don't need priestesses either. Leper gnomes do a much better job. Threw out the Voidwalker as well.

From what I see, the new lock murloc imitates the FOTM hunter. ALL your minions must deal the maximum amount damage for their mana cost. A 1mana minion must deal 2 damage, and a 2mana must deal 3 damage.

So you just go for the player. Never trade minions, just ram his face.

To this end add some charging Arcane Golems. Leeroy Jenkins is also fine addition, if you have one lying about.

You can't dodge AoE spells, true. But you will dish out so much pain that not even a board wipe at turn 4 or 5 will be able to stop the aggression - a warlock always has a few extra cards, and with those you can regularly get one last assault in, especially with charging minions, and finish him off.
Reply Quote
01/21/2014 10:27 AMPosted by Dmo
are
Reply Quote
01/17/2014 01:47 PMPosted by Ryusei
Cmon Warlock Murlocs! 28 views no reply. :(

playing murloc deck is basically saying: i have no brains and 0 skill in this game, but i like to win alot.

To be honest I hate murloc decks. however, I got the quest for Priest/warlock and felt I had no choice after so many losses to try and do a quest.
Reply Quote
Why don't you play a deck that requires you to think?
Reply Quote
03/30/2014 07:28 PMPosted by loveless
Why don't you play a deck that requires you to think?

thinking means not bumping a 2 month old thread...
Reply Quote
i just wanted to LoL a bit at some of the comments around hater etc.

1) yes rush/murloc decks ARE unskilled decks it is common knowledge, generally rush decks are played because the player cannot afford a bigger deck. high ranks in the ladder are predominantly control decks because the players in that region are predominantly more skilled.

2) I know the benefits of a rush deck, i'm not blindly flaming. If you draw well against a control deck it can lead to easy wins and those games can be hilariously fun.

3) that beings said i will summerize: - yes it is brainless, it doesn't take much thought at all for your wins just rng.
- this doesn't mean it's not fun, if you want to use it go ahead.

edit - 4) just noticed the date lol... still applies though ^_^
Edited by Piesk on 6/25/2014 3:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
When you consider that the mage, rogue, and druid are probably your worst murloc matchups because they can easily ping your 1 health minions, the imp doesn't seem so bad. It's a tough call, alternately young priestess can trade with a minion to protect a valuable murloc.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]