Still using Pyroblast in our decks?

After the nerf, I doubt anyone still keeping Pyroblast in their decks.

10 cost for 10 damage is not worth it, and it takes your whole turn.

Previously when we played a novice engineer in turn 10 there is chance to top deck a Pyroblast to turn the tide.

But now if we draw into 1 Pyroblast in turn 4- 9 it is likely a dead card as you can't use it until turn 10.

For me, I am now trying to utilize Archmage Antonidas with low cost spells to do the same damage at turn 8 -9.
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 07:27 PMPosted by holululu
After the nerf, I doubt anyone still keeping Pyroblast in their decks.

10 cost for 10 damage is not worth it, and it takes your whole turn.

Previously when we played a novice engineer in turn 10 there is chance to top deck a Pyroblast to turn the tide.

But now if we draw into 1 Pyroblast in turn 4- 9 it is likely a dead card as you can't use it until turn 10.

For me, I am now trying to utilize Archmage Antonidas with low cost spells to do the same damage at turn 8 -9.

what rank?
Reply Quote
Honestly, I dont think it's worth it. 75% of my games dont make it to turn 10 anyway. Hunter rush deck all day long...
Reply Quote
Running 1 pyro is still good after the nerf. 2 is overkill.

But the truth is after all these nerfs mages are not competitive in constructed anymore. It's still good in Arena though.
Reply Quote
deleted
Edited by Icon0clast on 1/24/2014 8:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 09:18 PMPosted by branlOoze
But the truth is after all these nerfs mages are not competitive in constructed anymore. It's still good in Arena though.

This patch BUFFED mages, by tuning down the potential of some key aggro minions. The nerf only affected Rush decks, who relied a lot on closing the game around turn 8. Control mages have really an easier time with less DiD Argus and Blood imps around. You can still keep 2 pyros and do fine.
Reply Quote
I'm running 1 pyro after the nerf.. so far trying to reconstruct my mage deck..
Reply Quote
01/20/2014 03:50 PMPosted by Mr0range
This patch BUFFED mages

thats why you see them in every tournament making it to the top spots...oh wait...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]