One Soulfire or two?

Pretty much everyone runs at least one Soulfire for obvious reasons, but what are everyone's thoughts on two? My experience recently has been very bad with double Soulfire as I've had several games where I had 6+ cards in hand and using a Soulfire for anything but a finisher threw away the most important one (lost Jaraxxus two games in a row). It's also immensely frustrating to have an enemy at 5-8 health with 2 Soulfires and a bunch of other cards in hand and have it throw away the other Soulfire.
Reply Quote
That's RNG for you, tbh don't rely on it, it's as dangerous as like taking 2 succubus and then ending up throwing away the other succubus or a different usefull card or like having to discard 2 for the charge demon. If you can pull off having no cards in your hand when you got of those then cool but having 2 of them makes it risky.
Reply Quote
I tend to run two.
It -is- 8 damage for zero mana, if you have them both in the hand, and the RNGods are smiling at you, which has helped me finish a match every so often as a winner.
But at other times one Soulfire discarded the other one, screwing me over.

Quite frankly, the RNG stuff and discard mechanics are really not well out thought :/
Reply Quote
2 soulfires+Malygos. Allows for a guaranteed (provided you draw soulfire and malygos) 9 damage finisher which can be useful when your rush deck has been stopped and you can´t quite get the last bit of damage in. Or sometimes it even allows for the insane 18 damage in one turn play, although that is luck based and depending on whether or not you have enough cards in your hand to risk tossing the 2nd soulfire.
Reply Quote
01/18/2014 01:27 PMPosted by Arantir
2 soulfires+Malygos. Allows for a guaranteed (provided you draw soulfire and malygos) 9 damage finisher which can be useful when your rush deck has been stopped and you can´t quite get the last bit of damage in. Or sometimes it even allows for the insane 18 damage in one turn play, although that is luck based and depending on whether or not you have enough cards in your hand to risk tossing the 2nd soulfire.

I feel that as a lock you'd have to be fairly lucky, in some games it could already be over before turn 9 to actually play it. that's even assuming that the 2 soulfires are even enough to finish your opponent and beyond ten mana the game couldve dragged out far too long that you're in a position that you either need to places taunts or quickly settle matters with your own minions or else you lose, if you haven't already.
Reply Quote
Not to mention that in my expierience Soulfire has a nearly 100% chance to discard the other Soulfire.
Reply Quote
01/18/2014 05:58 PMPosted by Serefina
Not to mention that in my expierience Soulfire has a nearly 100% chance to discard the other Soulfire.

If Jaraxxus is on my hand it will discard it 100% of the time no matter how many cards i have on hand.
Reply Quote
01/18/2014 06:13 PMPosted by Serp

If Jaraxxus is on my hand it will discard it 100% of the time no matter how many cards i have on hand.

THIS is so true. I find that Soulfiring with Jaraxxus in hand will 100% guarantee he will be discarded. I've had a full hand and played 1 soulfire, out of the other 9 cards Jaraxxus was picked. Maybe they need to look at the mechanic here because this seems like it isn't really random at all; that it prefers certain cards.

BTW: I've tried the Malygos + Double Soulfire deck... good luck. With the current state of the game everyone has a rush deck and you'll find your hand full of spells you can't use, need to sit on, or just don't have the mana for. By the time you can combo some stuff you're pretty much dead. I've won 3/50 games maybe...
Reply Quote
01/18/2014 08:26 PMPosted by Shaniqua

THIS is so true. I find that Soulfiring with Jaraxxus in hand will 100% guarantee he will be discarded. I've had a full hand and played 1 soulfire, out of the other 9 cards Jaraxxus was picked. Maybe they need to look at the mechanic here because this seems like it isn't really random at all; that it prefers certain cards.

BTW: I've tried the Malygos + Double Soulfire deck... good luck. With the current state of the game everyone has a rush deck and you'll find your hand full of spells you can't use, need to sit on, or just don't have the mana for. By the time you can combo some stuff you're pretty much dead. I've won 3/50 games maybe...

I know, but it´s still a combo which feels so awesome when it works that I like to play a deck that has it once in a while.
Reply Quote
I always take 2, just because the warlock can pull an extra card with the hero ability to minimise the chance of losing the second one. I was going to finish off an opponent with 2 yesterday, only to have the second one discarded. Thankfully the card I drew was a drain life, a copy of which was also in my hand already lol. If it had a mana cost I might consider dropping to one. As it stands, even with just 2 soulfires in your hand you can still make it a 50/50 chance with your hero power.

How random the discard is is a discussion for another place and time lol
Reply Quote
I run two.

My reasoning is that it makes it more likely that I'll draw it sooner.

If I get to use them separately, then that's 8 damage. If I have both in the same hand and one gets discarded, then it's no different than having 1 anyway, really.
Reply Quote
2 is great for Aggro. 1 is fine for Control, having a second can sometimes be good but is still very optional.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]