Dust for control warrior. What to craft

Hello all, I had been playing warrior a lot before the patch and tried to get a non-giant deck working.
After drawing a Jaraxxus and a golden Velen, I played some dark side and light side decks. I just miss playing warrior and looking to jump back in.

I have a Sylvanas and the golden Velen to dust for 3200 dust total. Do you guys have any good legendaries I could/should make for a control warrior deck? Not aiming for legendary rank btw. Just want to have fun and play between rank 5 and 10.

Legendaries I currently own:

Bloodmage Thalnos
Nat Pagle
Sylvanas ( thinking of dusting her )
Black Knight
Cairne
Ragnaros

I know the Alex strat is severly nerved with charge being a 3 cost now. Is the card still worthy of the dust? Thinking Ysera, Tinkmaster or Grommash as worthwhile candidates.

Shields up, Balfeor
Reply Quote
do you have shield slam?

a good legendary would probly be grom but tink and ysera are very important parts of the deck if you don't have tink you should probly run silence

ysera is usefull all the time grom needs another card to wreck face
Edited by Deadlyroot on 1/20/2014 11:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
Shield slams will need to be made as well yes. Didn't run them before but for control I see the benefits.

Ysera will be a definite yes. So that leaves Sylvanas to be dusted and turned into another. Tink feels ok but I feel like that would be downgrading. Am I wrong there? Whenever I play her now I get irritated for not being able to brawl right away. And comboing with charge isn't possible till turn 9.
Pretty sure she has to go, just feels weird to make her a 3 drop gnome :)

Any thoughts on Alexstratza being somewhat viable for warrior control postpatch?
Reply Quote
I been finding quite the success with a Enrage aggro deck with amani zerk and RagWorgen, the new charge, inner rage, taskmaster and warsong commander.
Reply Quote
So I gave in and made Ysera and 2 Shield Slams. I have 900 dust left so will need to safe up for the next legendary.

Deck is feeling okayish so far. Went 9-2 from rank 18 to rank 15. The losses were against aggro priest and aggro warlock. After adding a second Brawl I think that should be less of a concern. The lis now:

Execute x2
Whirlwind x2
Shield Slam x2
Cleave x2
Cruel Taskmaster x2
Fiery Waraxe x2
Nat Pagle*
Shield Block x2
Frothing Berserker x2
Acolyte of Pain x2
Kor'kron Elite x2
Brawl x2
Faceless Manipulator x1
The Black Knight*
Cairne Bloodhoof*
Gorehowl x1
Ragnaros*
Ysera*

Deck plays easily so far. Feels like I have a decent amount of control. Tips and tricks will come later
Reply Quote
How's your card draw going?

How do people treat Pagle once you throw him out?

I'm currently working a similar deck with only one brawl.....and it's becoming pretty obvious that I need to gut it up and craft a second one- as well as a second shield slam.
Reply Quote
Nat Pagle seems to be working great. Coining him often gives at least 2 cards. With the amount of removal aboard I can clear minions that are threatening Nat. Worst case he eats a silence or even a fireball. I'm perfectly fine with that.

Card draw is fine as well. Just use the acolytes the best way you can. Think whirlwind, followed by taskmaster and then swing. Making him trade and giving 3 cards in the proces. Had one game were I had both in play and they gave me 5 cards in one turn killing 3 minions as well ( one died from whirlwind but you get the picture )

If you play the deck slow enough you will find yourself with 6 or 7 cards in your hand for a big part of the game.

@Shorty40 You won't regret crafting the second Shield Slam and Brawl. They are amazing for me. What's your deck looking like so far?
Edited by Balfeor on 1/21/2014 11:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/21/2014 11:42 PMPosted by Balfeor
Nat Pagle seems to be working great. Coining him often gives at least 2 cards. With the amount of removal aboard I can clear minions that are threatening Nat. Worst case he eats a silence or even a fireball. I'm perfectly fine with that.

Card draw is fine as well. Just use the acolytes the best way you can. Think whirlwind, followed by taskmaster and then swing. Making him trade and giving 3 cards in the proces. Had one game were I had both in play and they gave me 5 cards in one turn killing 3 minions as well ( one died from whirlwind but you get the picture )

If you play the deck slow enough you will find yourself with 6 or 7 cards in your hand for a big part of the game.

@Shorty40 You won't regret crafting the second Shield Slam and Brawl. They are amazing for me. What's your deck looking like so far?

basically the same spells, minus a brawl and shield slam, plus 2 inner rage and a battle rage and upgrade and enrage.

minion-wise
argent commander
sunwalker
2 berserkers (usually just absorb removal spells)
Armorsmith
Acolyte
Grommash
2 axe, 2 reaper, gorehowl
Bloodhoof
abomination

It's suffering a bit of schizophrenia right now. Basically I'm hitting to the face with weapons or trading with minions and hitting with berserkers. Always pocketing an inner rage to hit with grommash- using everything else for removal.

It's *close* to being a great deck. I need more dependable removal (adding another brawl and a shield slam would probably suffice) and it wouldn't hurt to have one more big burst (harpy + Charge possibly). I'm weary of putting the worgens in...they are a little gimmicky for my taste.

Also toying with the idea of some spellpower in here. I would love to get a thalnos in there.
Edited by Shorty40 on 1/22/2014 12:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
After reading your replies and some other posts I took out the Frothing Berserkers and Mortal Strike. Added a Taz'dingo, a Abomination and a Sunwalker. The extra taunt seems to really help me get to late game with more health. So far so good.

Thought about putting in Thalnos too. Just can't make up my mind on what to take out.

Went from rank 15 to rank 12 yesterday. Dropped back to 13 before I added the taunts. Games are slow so climbing the ladder is more like creeping up the ladder. But it's great fun as people tend to be surprised with the kind of deck they face.

Just dare to be different :)

Edit: Trying out Thalnos instead of a acolyte. Not impressed thus far. Think the extra spellpowerbwas helpfull 1 time in a dozen games.
Edited by Balfeor on 1/23/2014 9:28 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]