Execute

Is execute supposed to be so OP, I mean I can have a 10/10 minion and all it takes to destroy it is a 1/1 attacking and an execute. If execute cost a little more mana (say 3 like hex) I would understand but 1 mana seems a little ridiculous to me. Anyone one else think so?

(just got into the beta a couple days ago, as you may be able to guess I just unlocked Garrosh)
Reply Quote
Its a conditional removal, which may involve trading one card + execute in order to remove a target.

Stuff like elven archer, whirlwind, slam or cruel taskmaster can weaken a target, but if you don't have those you could be making a pretty bad trade, or sacrificing a chance to enrage a minion later.
Reply Quote
Poly is way better.
Reply Quote
01/18/2014 09:53 AMPosted by Garthrog
Poly is way better.

I got killed by a sheep in a OTK yesterday, Hex is better.
Reply Quote
Execute is one of those cards that looks much better in first glance than what it actually is once you play with it some.
Reply Quote
Execute is very poor against minions with divine shield or deathrattle.
Reply Quote
It's good if you can combo it with guaranteed damage- elven archer, cruel taskmaster, stormpike commando, wild pyromancer, that sort of thing- AND if your opponent plays minions that are worth killing this way.

Meaning, it's a pretty situational card that can save you in a tight spot but isin't reliable enough to put 2 of it in your deck. But it sure is satisfying to insta-kil Ysera or ragnaros this way.
Reply Quote
It is OP, though I was thinking it should cost 5 like a rogue's assassinate or it can only be used on a wounded minion with 3 or less health if the mana cost doesn't change.
Reply Quote
02/01/2014 08:38 AMPosted by James
It is OP, though I was thinking it should cost 5 like a rogue's assassinate or it can only be used on a wounded minion with 3 or less health if the mana cost doesn't change.

Seriously, go troll somewhere else.
Reply Quote
Seriously, go play warrior and don't come back until you understood the card. It's awkward to use, is NOT a 1 for 1 (most of the time you'll be trading 2for1 with it) and is mostly useless by itself.

Without it, Warrior would be even more boned by huge taunters than he already is.

Kindly !@#$ off, ty
Reply Quote
01/18/2014 10:46 AMPosted by Peripatetic
Poly is way better.

I got killed by a sheep in a OTK yesterday, Hex is better.

assassinate is way better suck it warriors
Reply Quote
Execute needs to be reworked. I'd much rather have Rogue Assassinate. Yeah it only costs 1, but requiring minions be damaged means it forces us to burn another card to use, and against Divine Shield minions? Forget it.

I was thinking something like...

Execute: 6 cost. Instantly destroy a minion. If the minion has X health or less, cost of Execute reduced by Y.

Basically, Execute by default would be like Assassinate except either slightly more expensive or slightly cheaper depending on the strength of the opposing minion.
Reply Quote
But thats all warriors have. Its vital for them
Reply Quote
I personally don't even use execute in my warrior deck, weapons are better removal.
Reply Quote
I stopped using execute when I realized the silence dudes are much more effective at what your trying to do and leave around a body 2 boot. Personally think execute is a huge trap card for people who don't play warrior enough

I think it should cost 2 or 3 and draw you a card.
Reply Quote
It's an oh #*$& button. None of us like using it because it's a poor trade, on a class that isn't great at card draw anyway. We only use it because there will always be giant creatures. Mana cost doesn't matter as much as the conditions, I'd take a higher cost removal over the condition on execute any day. It's not OP when you have to trade a weapon durability or a Kor'Kron so you can attack the enemy hero.
Edited by Peripatetic on 2/5/2014 5:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/05/2014 05:36 PMPosted by Peripatetic
on a class that isn't great at card draw anyway

I loled hard. I'm sry, but if build right, warrior is the class with the BEST CARD DRAW EVER! I can burn through my warrior deck before my enemy even has reached half his deck under the right circumstances.

01/18/2014 09:08 AMPosted by Uraciouse
If execute cost a little more mana (say 3 like hex) I would understand but 1 mana seems a little ridiculous to me.

you know that execute is not the only 1mana removal don't you?
- duids can remove for 1mana and give opponent 2 card draws
- warlocks can remove for 1 mana on next turn
which leads to the conclusion, that 1mana removals with drawbacks are fine (in the case of execute it's the wounded condition which is the handicap)
Reply Quote
02/05/2014 06:37 PMPosted by Illgore
I'm sry, but if build right, warrior is the class with the BEST CARD DRAW EVER!

What you just said assumes there is only one way to build a deck. If you're talking about Battle Rage well thats unfortuante because that won't work with my deck. If there is something else I've overlooked then please illuminate me.
Edited by Peripatetic on 2/5/2014 9:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/05/2014 09:50 PMPosted by Peripatetic
I'm sry, but if build right, warrior is the class with the BEST CARD DRAW EVER!

What you just said assumes there is only one way to build a deck. If you're talking about Battle Rage well thats unfortuante because that won't work with my deck. If there is something else I've overlooked then please illuminate me.

- Battle Rage is one way to get many card draws.
- there are many spells that let you draw a card additionally to it's effect
- Acolyte of Pain can be abused in Warrior decks. There are many ways for warriors to get card draws from it. Best combo with Wild Pyromancer + Commanding Shout + Spells (will clear enemy board + card draws).

Sure, to draw many cards as warrior, you need to fulfill certain conditions/combos. But if you look at the priest (cleric) he has also conditions for big card draws.

Imho warrior has a good card draw. It's just not always easy to pull off. but as said, other classes have similar problems.
But the warrior has something special. When I pull off my Wild Pyromancer + Comanding Shout combo (with Acolyte of Pain), I often can clear the board and go all in + the card draw. I think no other class has this options.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/warrior#25:2;69:2;95:2;161:2;166:2;178:2;193:2;227:2;328:2;366:2;428:2;624:2;632:2;644:2;664:2;

my warri deck atm if you want to have a look.
Reply Quote
Some minions with deathrattle are not so worth an execute, if it's a really big threat, execute it right offf, you are gonna suffer from death rattle anyway. Divine shield is a problem though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]