Help me improve my deck

Here is the Mage deck that I'm running: http://i.imgur.com/ZzU0DFY.jpg

Anyone can give me some suggestions to improve it? The purpose is to have board control until late game when I can do some good damage from Fireball/Pyro. Don't have Antonidas yet but I'm farming him atm.
Reply Quote
Should I use Fairy Dragon instead of Ooze for 2 drop? Cone of Cold is quite useful for me in term of controlling field.

Yea I'm saving up for Argent Commanders also.
Reply Quote
Based on how his deck requires spells and spell power for the win, geomancer is actually the way to go since it's 2 mana. And is meant to be played with spells as a combo rather than an actual 2 drop since it pretty much dies instantly thanks to it's stats. Usually not trading for much.

Unless of course, you're willing to shake things up and go for something else.

If not, I can show you a deck that's a little little bit similar to what you're running.
Reply Quote
I like(use geomancers) With murlock lock decks it was only little chance to survive(geo+ arcane explosion combo) . I expect that u want quickly have 2 pyros in hand and finish opponent after turn 10.

I don´t play this style and never did, so i can´t tell if it works. But, i would suggest to go for iceblock, for survive, maybe one blizzard for flamestrike, for same reason, delay the turn.

Dunno if this is playable now after pyro nerf. If u dont play all for attack, having 2 flamestrikes and 2 pyros is bad, 4 cards that costs you nearly whole turn, not talking about having them at starting hand, its nearly game over u will be rushed.
Reply Quote
Well I've removed 2 Kobolds and 1 Cone of Cold for 1 Acolyte of pain, 1 Harvest golem, 1 Raging worgen. Card draws improve quite a bit, and my mid game is better now.

For rushers, I depend on having arcane missiles, frost bolt, sorc apprentice and cone of cold to control them. Well if there is none of those, I will be most likely lost.
Reply Quote
May Iask what rank are u playing now? Just asking becouse it is possible i give advice and be worse than you. :D
Reply Quote
Ranking doesn't matter man. I'm pretty much hovering around 14-15. IMO ranking doesn't reflect a player's skill due to too much P2W, but that's another topic.

Just tell me your opinion. I appreciate all help.
Reply Quote
I already wrote it i play whole different gamestyle my deck is mostly secret deck
I asked because your play its very different to you to know how you can be sucessfull with it, especially after pyros nerf, to have some comparison. And You play about same rank as me. Actually I am now a little higher thx of winning stream rush. And i will fall for sure.

About Rank don´t matter. Its true or the difference of game between 16-14 is not big at all. Only now i meet only druid, druid druid.

My silly deck ;)

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/mage#26:1;42:1;44:1;56:2;74:1;95:1;125:2;160:1;177:2;220:1;241:1;263:1;280:1;309:1;463:2;479:2;522:2;531:1;569:1;589:2;595:2;672:1;
Reply Quote
Thanks for the deck Archivarius. I see that you play mainly with secrets. I've tried that play style before. However it doesn't really suit me as opponents know how to play around secret a lot and that pretty much ruin the game. I still prefer direct spell damage to control early game.
Reply Quote
Should I use Fairy Dragon instead of Ooze for 2 drop?

I don't know how many hunters are sitting at your rank, but I find Ooze a necessity right now. For me, every other game is against a hunter rush deck, and letting them use Eaglehorn Bow permanently is too much to deal with.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]