Nerf flamestrike.

7 Mana for full board wipe, wow. add to that some minion with +Spellpower and you get death. At least reduce damage to 3.

I know you will say that you shouldnt get too many low cost minions, but when you have to rearrange whole deck because of 1 spell you know its overpowered
Edited by Abata on 1/19/2014 6:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
8 cost 4 damage would be better i think, 7-3 would make it completely inferior to blizzard
Reply Quote
No, stop bloody asking for cost increase on all the mage cards!
Unbelievable

Don't swarm your whole field with weenies around turn 7 = the counter.
Reply Quote
Exactly, thats what i am saying, you shouldnt have to adjust your deck completely to 1 spell when there are 9 CLASSES in game.
Reply Quote
Why, must everyone complain about hard counters, hard counters are a part of every CCG game. They are a part of the game they are win conditions. Learn how to slow play and bait, it's not like you're going to get Pyroed the next turn!
Reply Quote
I don't even care any more. Forum whiners won. Blizzard admits that they're catering to the low level players so I'm not even trying any more.
Reply Quote
I find it amazing how at first it was Blizzard was the problem, then it was cone of cold, then it was Pyroblast, now it's Flamestrike. Great only 21 more cards till you can start complaining that we have too many mana crystals.
Edited by Peripatetic on 1/19/2014 7:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 06:47 AMPosted by Abata
Exactly, thats what i am saying, you shouldnt have to adjust your deck completely to 1 spell when there are 9 CLASSES in game.

It has nothing to do with adjusting the deck.
It's about learning not to swarm the board. Bait the flamestrike with some minions and then reflood the board with the minions you kept on your hand. Really, it's not rocket science.
Reply Quote

Oh I'm sorry I didn't know that your tactic of swarming the field with all your minions had to be an absolute tactic that NONE of the 9 classes should be able to counter.

Seriously speaking, there are 9 UNIQUE classes, each has it's strengths and weaknesses. Should your tactic of swarming the field be able to destroy all 9 with ease?

Flame strike is useless against people who stack buffs on one unit, but can be countered by hex, poly-morph, power word ___, etc.

People who spam low cost minions can be countered by clearing cards like Swipe, flamestrike, consecration, etc.
Reply Quote
The problem with making it 3 damage or 8 mana is that the card isn't that great for constructed as it is now (at least in the current meta).

For arena however, the card is insanely strong (Hypothetically, if you were given the choice you should even pick it over almost any legendary if you didn't have at least 2 flamestrikes or blizzards already in your deck).

There is simply no way to play around it because when you are limited to playing just a few minions the mage can simply put down more minions and start trading very efficiently (aided by the hero power).

Baiting the flamestrike is only possible when you already have massive card advantage or a lot of draw in your hand since no mage should flamestrike just 2 or even 3 minions if he can play more minions himself first. (As a result, baiting only works on a mediocre mage. Imo the right tactic when you have flamestrike is to try to postpone the flamestrike until your opponent has just 1 or 2 cards left in his hand (or when you can get very good value for it of course).)

Imo, if there would be only one change in the next patch it should be flamestrike being made rare.
Edited by Mareck on 1/19/2014 7:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 06:32 AMPosted by Abata
7 Mana for full board wipe, wow. add to that some minion with +Spellpower and you get death. At least reduce damage to 3.

I know you will say that you shouldnt get too many low cost minions, but when you have to rearrange whole deck because of 1 spell you know its overpowered

Seriously, are you trying to nerf the entire mage cards?
First was Blizzard/Cone of Cold.
Seconds Pyroblast.
and now Third Flamestrike
so 4th is Fireball, Iceblock or Frostbolt?

Mage is about spell heavy!

01/19/2014 07:12 AMPosted by Peripatetic
I find it amazing how at first it was Blizzard was the problem, then it was cone of cold, then it was Pyroblast, now it's Flamestrike. Great only 21 more cards till you can start complaining that we have too many mana crystals.

The Chain would be like this: Blizzard -> Cone of Cold -> Pyroblast -> Flamestrike -> Iceblock -> Fireball -> Frostbolt -> Repeat again
Reply Quote

You don't have to adjust your deck to play around flamestrike. You adjust playstyle. Which means, don't overextend yourself around turn 7 when there's a possible flamestrike coming up. Having said that, flamestrike is not that good in constructed. Any rush decks will have killed you by turn 7, and control decks have minions above 4 health. A lot of mages run with only one flamestrike, some (like myself) run with zero.
Reply Quote
mages are useless and nerfed to ground zero and still u see noobs crying hahaha its so retarded how bad can people be??
Reply Quote
Mages have been nerfed to the ground and are approaching bottom tier status in constructed. L2P
Reply Quote
Flamestrike OP nerf plox.
Reply Quote
This is a proof that people will always have something to complain about. (In games at least)
Edited by Georgy on 1/19/2014 11:15 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]