Don't nerf mage cards!!!

My suggestion is leave Mage cards Op as it is but make mage squishy like it should be instead of 30 hp mages should have 20 hp and they are balanced Most OP cards in game but squishy just like mages are this would balance the game but I would suggest giving them 15 hp since they have Best board control cards which are just broken
Reply Quote
Mage vs. Mage
15 health

Turn 2 Frostbolt 3 damage, 12 hp left
Turn 4 Fireball 6 damage, 6 hp left
Turn 5 Fireball 6 damage, 0 hp left

Game over.

Yeah, that'd be fun and exciting.
Reply Quote
01/20/2014 07:45 AMPosted by Aak
Mage vs. Mage
15 health

Turn 2 Frostbolt 3 damage, 12 hp left
Turn 4 Fireball 6 damage, 6 hp left
Turn 5 Fireball 6 damage, 0 hp left

Game over.

Yeah, that'd be fun and exciting.

More exciting than freeze freeze freeze freeze freeze freeze Oh Flamestrike. Win or lose it's a terrible mechanic.
Reply Quote
01/20/2014 03:04 PMPosted by Illessen
More exciting than freeze freeze freeze freeze freeze freeze Oh Flamestrike. Win or lose it's a terrible mechanic.

so that's frost nova turn 3, cone of cold turn 4, cone of cold turn 5, blizzard turn 6, blizzard turn 7, frost nova turn 8, flamestrike turn 9 in the above example?

does that about cover it, and while doing this, the mage had no spare mana to play anything short of a 1 drop minion per turn starting turn 5 skip a turn then every turn thereafter, because that feels like what you are over exaggerating here.
Reply Quote

so that's frost nova turn 3, cone of cold turn 4, cone of cold turn 5, blizzard turn 6, blizzard turn 7, frost nova turn 8, flamestrike turn 9 in the above example?

Some days ago, pre pyro nerf, I had this game. I was a warlock (an actual decent warlock, not one of the murloc BS decks, I don't run that crap). And I actually recorded it as I do youtube videos but later on I decided against using it - noone wants to see gameplay of a game where you're allowed to do absolutely nothing to win.

turn 1: Mana wyrm-coin-mana wyrm

Turn 2: frostbolt

turn 3: frost nova

Turn 4: cone of gold

Turn 5: cone of gold

Turn 6: blizzard

Turn 7: frost nova+water elemental

Turn 8: Pyroblast (dead).

Meanwhile I could do nothing but draw and try some removal. But while I had awful luck with my draws,and I'll give you that as I only drawed two removal spells and only one of them could kill one of the wyrms, the net result would've been pretty much the same anyway had I been able to remove something from the board before. The guy had a 3-3 and a 2-3 on the deck by turn two and I could do damn nothing to avoid it (not even drawing a voidwalker in my initial hand would've helped a lot), while I had nothing on it as the frostbolt had cleared my turn 2 minion. Against a mage that's a lost game no matter what you draw.

So yea, it was actually minions- freeze-freeze-freeze-freeze-freeze-freeze-Pyro. BTW guess what was happening with the mana wyrms he had on the board meanwhile while dropping those spells. I could only wipe one out when at turn four I drawed a shadow bolt. Used a drain life on the other one out of pure desperation as I was literally dying. And of course I couldn't use my hero power as against a freeze mage is like suiciding yourself. I played a lot of health minions btw. Both the 2-1 and 3-3 ones. Who cares, they were wiped out or frozen forever. Mage ended up with 30 life, and played a grand total of three minions, two of them on turn one. I couldn't even make a single point of damage to any of his minions.

Sure, I'll also give you that he had some dream hand and draws. But even then it was just pure utter garbage. No class should be able to win like that, not even with a dream hand. It's not that I didn't have a chance to attack him or his minions, is that out of playing cards and drawing more cards I could do NOTHING.

If you think that's "fun gameplay" then I really disagree with your tastes. That was 100% possible back then, and still is 100% possible right now (honestly by turn 8 a pyro was just to show off. He could've killed me just with the water elemental+fireball as I was down to 8 health. And that was after dropping all my healths and one drain life).

OP proposal is not good, btw. Balance is possible between classes and if a class has to see it's cards somewhat nerfed to bring it in line with other classes, so be it. But that doesn't mean that freeze mage is utterly ridiculous. Because it is.
Edited by RAMJB on 1/21/2014 1:41 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]