I must be doing something wrong. (Murloc)

Hello, so I just constructed my own Murloc deck, I like it though I've gone from rank 13 to rank 18 after using it xD. Obviously I must be missing something while playing a Murloc deck. I usually get smashed by Shamans and Warriors consistently with their Cleaves, Lightning storms and weapons. Now how am I supposed to play the Murloc deck? Throwing everything onto the board like most people say is the strat for Murloc deck works terribly. When and in which order should I play my minions?

Deck

1 Soulfire
2 Abusive Seargeant
2 Blood Imp
2 Flame Imp
2 Grimscale Oracle
1 Leper Gnome
2 Murloc Raider
2 Murloc Tidecaller
2 Voidwalker
1 Young Priestess
2 Bluegill Warrior
2 Knife Juggler
2 Loot Hoarder
2 Murloc Tidehunter
2 Coldlight Seer
2 Murloc Warleader
1 Old Murk-eye
Reply Quote
01/17/2014 09:18 PMPosted by McVade
I kinda wish they'd added every Murloc to the disenchant option with this last patch as well. This patch in particular added Paladins, Shamans and Druids to the list of classes who **** all over Murlocs.

With the nerf to Blood Imps, Murlocs are going to lose to a Turn 4-5 crowd control every time, unless both a Seer and a Warleader was dropped, turn 3 and turn 4. It happens maybe 1 every 5 games.

Yea, I'm definitely not feeling like the deck is the no skill powerhouse that everyone's claiming it to be. I made the deck after the nerf so maybe thats it.
Reply Quote
I kinda wish they'd added every Murloc to the disenchant option with this last patch as well. This patch in particular added Paladins, Shamans and Druids to the list of classes who **** all over Murlocs.

With the nerf to Blood Imps, Murlocs are going to lose to a Turn 4-5 crowd control every time, unless both a Seer and a Warleader was dropped, turn 3 and turn 4. It happens maybe 1 every 5 games.

Yea, I'm definitely not feeling like the deck is the no skill powerhouse that everyone's claiming it to be. I made the deck after the nerf so maybe thats it.

Nah, with my UTH deck, I was already punishing Town Scrubs and Murlocks. making UTH a 2 mana cost made it easier for to react sooner instead of taking it to the face turn 4-6.
To be honest locks should be looking towards direct damage or buffing with Power Overwhelming and then Sacrificial pact afterward or Brewmaster to negate the death of the minion. Or Power Overwhelming a minion first then hit to face and then void terror the power overwhelmed minion.
Edited by SperoMcgee on 1/18/2014 3:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/17/2014 09:07 PMPosted by Vilze
Hello, so I just constructed my own Murloc deck, I like it though I've gone from rank 13 to rank 18 after using it xD. Obviously I must be missing something while playing a Murloc deck. I usually get smashed by Shamans and Warriors consistently with their Cleaves, Lightning storms and weapons. Now how am I supposed to play the Murloc deck? Throwing everything onto the board like most people say is the strat for Murloc deck works terribly. When and in which order should I play my minions?

Deck

1 Soulfire
2 Abusive Seargeant
2 Blood Imp
2 Flame Imp
2 Grimscale Oracle
1 Leper Gnome
2 Murloc Raider
2 Murloc Tidecaller
2 Voidwalker
1 Young Priestess
2 Bluegill Warrior
2 Knife Juggler
2 Loot Hoarder
2 Murloc Tidehunter
2 Coldlight Seer
2 Murloc Warleader
1 Old Murk-eye

Replace 2x Abusive Seargeant for 2x harvest golems(Survives AOE's and can't die in 1 hit).

Replace Leper with Lerooy jenkins(6 free damage go for lethal).

Replace loot hoarder with 1x power overwhelming + nat pagle(easy cards + can go for lethal with leeroy or w.e).

Replace Grimscale for Scarlets (takes 2 hit to take out cause of divine shield).

I would also replace 1 of the coldlight seering as that card is pretty useless unless you have the board control with murlocs, i personally use Soul fire(i save this for lethal).

The point of this build is to keep board control more harder for your minions to be taken out the more control you have.

I got to rank 10 with this build pretty easy.

Btw your suppose 2 throw minions out like crazy. Just realize most people will hit you with the 2 damage AOE move's So that's why you should have Scarlets + Golems while having the murlocs on the board so you can survive and still have board control.
Edited by Phunkism on 1/18/2014 8:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
These are all pretty low cost cards. You should try adding more ''late game'' cards that cost 5-8 mana
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]