Solution for Pit Lord

Rewrite text as:
Take 5 damage. Discard entire hand.
For each card discarded this way reduce damage taken from summoning Pit Lord
Reply Quote
lol id rather take 5 damage than discard 5 cards
Reply Quote
Jesus christ.
Going from bad to worse is NOT a positive solution.
Reply Quote
01/18/2014 08:53 PMPosted by Greywind
Jesus christ.

How is discarding 2 cards to reduce damage to 3 a bad thing vs taking 5 damage when you might not be able to afford it?
Reply Quote
Because
1. It is random, since that is what the devs want apparently.
2. It's paying UP to five cards for a card that is in essence the Tazdingo, just one round earlier.
Paying FIVE cards for a minion 1 round earlier, OR taking 5 damage is both terrible.

Plus, if you discard so many cards at once, even as a Warlock, it sets you far further behind than it could get you ever ahead.

Look around in this forum.
There are about a two dozen suggestions about how the Pit Lord -could- work, without screwing Warlocks over even worse.
Reply Quote
01/18/2014 09:06 PMPosted by Greywind
Because
1. It is random, since that is what the devs want apparently.
2. It's paying UP to five cards for a card that is in essence the Tazdingo, just one round earlier.
Paying FIVE cards for a minion 1 round earlier, OR taking 5 damage is both terrible.

Are you talking about Pit lord or Felguard?

To the OP: can't be serious
Edited by Serefina on 1/18/2014 9:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
[quote]

Are you talking about Pit lord or Felguard?

To the OP: can't be serious

You're right, I mixed my unplayable cards up.
Sorry, headache kills me.
Edited by Greywind on 1/18/2014 9:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
I've played a few games where I ran out of cards before I could finish the job. Sacrificing even more cards would make things more difficult.
Reply Quote
01/18/2014 08:13 PMPosted by Nemesis
Rewrite text as:
Take 5 damage. Discard entire hand.
For each card discarded this way reduce damage taken from summoning Pit Lord

Why do you want to nerf Pit Lord?
Reply Quote
Jesus christ.

How is discarding 2 cards to reduce damage to 3 a bad thing vs taking 5 damage when you might not be able to afford it?

Because discard is just as bad as taking 5 damage possible even worse. Don't act like Life Tap makes up for discard because it doesn't if you just discarded a vital card to your deck . Discard is just a bad mechanic in a deck build with specific combos in mind.
Edited by Serp on 1/19/2014 6:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
Warlocks discarding is the worst. You've got 30 cards in your deck and last time i checked, you're going to need all 30 to compete properly. The only effective way to play discard is when you have no cards in your hand. Since Warlock minions tend to cost less you play them early, and lose your cards.

On a more basic note, you want your cards to "trade up" or even but when you discard them, youre giving the opponent a serious advantage.
Reply Quote
Pit Lord - SUCKS!!! To much dmg for a single minion... Not worth to play at all...
Reply Quote
Pit lord good. keep him alive if anything he will trade up and probably deal damage. if youre going to use these types of cards its almost mandatory you have some healing mixed in.
Reply Quote
No, he is godawful.
You play him, he costs you mana+5 life, and next round he will be killed for SURE, leaving you without being able to do anything with him, but 1/6 less health for no reason, and loss of board control.
Edited by Greywind on 1/19/2014 2:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
Why couldn't they use the same mechanic as Venture Co. Mercenary for some of the Demons instead of the non-sense they chose. No we have to damage ourself massivly without any decent healing , throw away cards possibly vital to our deck or even set us back a full freaking turn .

Why even bother with Demons when they're barely stronger than neutrals but massivly sabotage yourself. There isn't even any synergy with Demons outside of Demonfire which is 2 of 30 cards max . Sacrificial Pact is not synergy ...
Edited by Serp on 1/19/2014 2:40 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]