Warlocks needs to be fixed badly.

I've played against 10 people that played warlock, when I played either hunter druid or warrior. I have yet to lose to one of them because they just kill themselves. Warlocks needs to be fixed badly. That's my favorite class to play in wow, but this game, they just kill themselves, it's ridiculous. When I play against them its not even a challenge. I had 20+ life after winning on all of my matches against them besides one. So yea they need to be fixed.

Playing them just angers me that most of my big attacks hurts me or gets rid of a random card, which is most likely a really good card with my luck.
Edited by hardstyleboy on 1/18/2014 11:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
I make a post give any solutions with Warlock:

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/11042104674#1

And I make a Picture with the Warlock changes:

http://imageshack.com/a/img43/5469/lko0.jpg

Murlocks NO!!!
Demons YES!!!
Murlocks NO!!!
Demons YES!!!

If you want a change please help me to spread information :)...
Reply Quote
I'm confused, Warlock is consider a Strong Class, aren't they like the most used with giant control decks?

And Dannwolf the most of the Changes are good but some still needs balancing

DoomGuard is a lot better than it currently is
Succubus, They nerfed mage's Freezing for that same reason
and the list goes on

Mainly you guys are buffing the Warlocks, because its your favorite class in WOW?
Reply Quote
No, we are considered (or used to) a strong class because of our synergy with rush decks (which have been uniformly nerfed with the last patch), and/or our draw power, which is the best in the game.

Most of our demons are unusable, because the drawbacks they have are massive.
Doomguard -has- only been used as a finisher card, and has since then replaced by Argent Commander, which is a completely superior card, for just 1 mana more, which doesn't cost you 2 cards.
Succubus is not run by anyone because, once again, the discard is making her cost too much, and she can be killed by any common 2 Mana drop in the game.
Sacrificial pact is unusable, and generally considered the worst Warlock card.
Corruption is a bad card no one uses, because your opponent can still do a full round something before losing the minion.
Flame Imp I've taken out myself, because it does just too much self-damage and everyone kills him right away, leaving you with damage and no advantage.
Drain Life just does too little compared to alternatives.
Sense demons no one runs because no one runs demons. Besides, it costs too much.
Felguard is pretty much considered the worst card in the whole game. You pay 7 mana extra for playing a Tazdinga one round earlier.
Void Terror is a niche card, which demands the opponent doesn't try to remove it, or has a silence. It costs you 3 cards to play it, but one card to neutralize, resulting in a huge tempo loss. Very sparingly used.
Pit Lord... there are endless threads in the Warlock forum about him. Suffice to say, no one runs him.
Summoning Portal comes out too late, and gets easily removed, so its very seldom run, too.
Bane of Doom has been calculated to run slightly below the curve of cost and result, but finds a place here and there in some decks.(mostly fun decks, needs a slight buff, at least a chance for a better demon).
Siphon Soul is used, if it's used, because it's our only real hard removal for strong single targets.
Dread Infernal pretty much anti-synergy the only worthwhile demon cards (blood, flame, void),
Twisting Nether is overcosted compared to similar cards in other decks.
So, this is why you see Warlocks who run Murloc, or Giants, generally.
Because our demons and most of our cards are terrible.

I daresay if this would get fixed, you'd see a LOT less Murlocs and Giants, and a lot more demon decks.
Edited by Greywind on 1/19/2014 12:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/18/2014 11:58 PMPosted by Wadou
I'm confused, Warlock is consider a Strong Class, aren't they like the most used with giant control decks?

Yea but you can't give a neutral minions +2/+2 from Demonfire, or you can't take 5 healths acrifice a Neutral, and you can´t call a 2 neutrals from your deck to your hand with sense. Sorry but if blizzard want to i use Neutrals im my deck he need to delete the demon spell limitations and delete the useless card demons and put new spells.

Yea but it's a start. I'm not doing all the work developers ;) ...

Yea is better only need first cast a spell and the spell needs destroy a minion to summoning a Doomguard.

and the list goes on

Blizzard nerfed freezing AoE Mage spells only because:

1.- He have 3 Freazing AoE Spells, 6 in total, 6 turns he can make to all agro enemy no exist in the table in the turns 1 Mirror, 2 mirror, 3 AoE Freeze, 4 AoE Freeze, 6 AoE Freeze, 7 + Fire, 8 +Fire, Iceblock + Pyro, Iceblock + Pyro Win...

Mainly you guys are buffing the Warlocks, because its your favorite class in WOW?

No, my favorite class in WoW is Warrior and DK :) ...
Edited by Dannwolf on 1/19/2014 12:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/18/2014 11:37 PMPosted by Dannwolf
I make a post give any solutions with Warlock:

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/11042104674#1

And I make a Picture with the Warlock changes:

http://imageshack.com/a/img43/5469/lko0.jpg

Murlocks NO!!!
Demons YES!!!
Murlocks NO!!!
Demons YES!!!

If you want a change please help me to spread information :)...

A bit overzealous with the buffs, but I got to say, I'd love to have Felboar, Abyssal Flamewalker, and the Felhunter ;)
I commend you on the work you put into this though. Very nice job.
Really looks sexy.
Reply Quote
Warlock dont need to be fixed, he needs to be reworked completely, from the hero power to the class cards, the whole Warlock is just kinda fail designed.
Reply Quote
Considering they refuse to fix anything, I doubt they will rework the whole class, so close (BlizzardTM) to the open beta.
Reply Quote

and the list goes on

When it comes to Molten Giant sure.
However even when UTH was a 4 mana cost getting a free Sea Giant was a common play for me, UTH being a 2 mana cost now has made it far more flexible to use.
I've even added Mountain Giant because with the potential card draw with your UTH and buzzard play it's easy to get 5+ cards and then lower the mana cost of Mountain Giant by a significant margin, either you get Mountain Giant out really early or when it's the late game get him out very cheaply.

Molten Giant wouldn't really work, by that point you're most likely already dead next turn or very soon after. Molten Giant works perfectly for locks though combined with Jax.
Priests, pala and druid might be able to work it out as well but that's too risky.
If you're doing well with those classes your hp wouldn't drop low enough to play it.
Edited by SperoMcgee on 1/19/2014 3:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
i agree with most of what's been said here; i just don't understand why trying to build a demon-deck has been made so unattractive, and while the hero-power certainly is very powerful, you also pay double with more rng than shaman in the early game (when you can actually use it). sure, moltens are an option, but at that point, it's (hopefully) that late in the game that opponents can either take them over or just plain remove 'em (otherwise either you're just betting against yourself, or you've got just amazing draw). the best (most cost-effective) demon at the moment is the void walker (imho :) ) and that's just sad.
and no matter how well they work... who the hell wants to go murloc? ;)
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 03:45 AMPosted by eumneme
i agree with most of what's been said here; i just don't understand why trying to build a demon-deck has been made so unattractive, and while the hero-power certainly is very powerful, you also pay double with more rng than shaman in the early game (when you can actually use it). sure, moltens are an option, but at that point, it's (hopefully) that late in the game that opponents can either take them over or just plain remove 'em (otherwise either you're just betting against yourself, or you've got just amazing draw). the best (most cost-effective) demon at the moment is the void walker (imho :) ) and that's just sad.
and no matter how well they work... who the hell wants to go murloc? ;)

That's why at the moment I don't play warlock at all. Why even bother using 2 mana for card draw and hurt yourself, while you could just summon a minion instead and get it that way, unless using healing minions in your deck like Earthern Farseer or witch doctor is something you don't mind, I don't see why you'd ever lifetap. The few times that I did play lock basicly getting him to lvl 10, don't think I even did for the quests, I purposefully played low mana cost cards to empty my hand so using succubus or whatever wouldnt be a problem at all.
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 02:47 AMPosted by Serefina
Warlock dont need to be fixed, he needs to be reworked completely, from the hero power to the class cards, the whole Warlock is just kinda fail designed.

+11111111

The problem with the Warlock is that... Blizzard try to make a "pretty mechanic" but he don't calculate the repercussion in the process...

Take a Neutral minion existent, put -1 mana cost and give it a bad hability, now you have a Demon minion:

1 Blood Imp > 1 Young Priestess
1 Voidwalker = 1 Shieldbearer
1 Flame Imp < 2 Faeric Dragon
2 Succubus < 3 Arcane Golem
3 Void Terror = 3 Injured Blademaster
3 Felguard < 4 Shieldmasta Sen'jin
4 Pit Lord < 5 Stranglethorn Tiger
5 Doomguard < 6 Reckless Rocketeer, 4 Leeroy Jenkins, 3 arcane Golem, 6 Argent crusader
6 Dread Infernal < 6 Boulderfist Ogre, 7 Wargolem, 7 Core hound, etc...
Edited by Dannwolf on 1/19/2014 10:41 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]