My Experience With Demons...

To start off, i use everything i can that are related to demons since i love them:

Infernals
Doomguards
Felguards
Bane of Doom
Pit Lords
Flame/Blood Impies
etc

I have been perfecting a Demon deck that is playable for about 23 levels of warlock and i have to say its nearly impossible to *successfully* run demons for some simple reasons.

1) You're killing your own cards essentially helping your opponent with free removals
2) Sure these demons cost less, but removals are plentiful so you lose twice unless your lead is commanding.
3) Demon synergy is non-existent apart from a 2/2 buff.

Things you'll absolutely need to take into account for varying degrees of success:

1)Think like a Priest: Card efficiency is #1 priority. Buff the minions with battle cry cards and make sure they have a chance to trade up, or you've already lost. This means waiting to synergize even though you could play the demon early.

2) Avoid playing Felgaurds until mid game (unless youre running a very low-cost deck): Yes, they cost very little, but you screw yourself if you coin it on turn 2, or play on turn 3. Chances are, the opponent is going to trade up on you.

3) To run Flame imp, Pitlord and your draw you need some heals: +4 health priest, +3 health farseer, +2 health voodoo is a good curve and one of each is easy enough to include. Farseer and Voodoo add to card efficiency and are versatile.

What i think needs tweaking:

-Succubus should remove a card from the top of your deck. Should be 3/4.
-Infernals should have a 2 dmg to all characters death rattle instead.
-Bane of Doom needs to cost 4.
-Pit Lord needs to be a 4/7 taunt - deal 5 damage to hero.
-Sacrificial Pact should work on any friendly creature.

Overall i want to stop seeing Warlocks running golem/rush/murloc in abundance. Though that is all they are currently good for in competitive play which makes me sad. Demons need some tweaks and love.
Reply Quote
+Support....mostly. I love the demons aswell, warlock is underused because of this no synergy.
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 09:44 AMPosted by ohyah101
+Support....mostly. I love the demons aswell, warlock is underused because of this no synergy.

+1

Demons are now very bad for Worlock deck... so i usually avoid them...
Reply Quote
I only play warlock and I don't really use demons at all, the only ones that I regularly use are infernal, doom guards, blood imp and void walker.

And honestly, while doom guards are pretty strong, they come at a very, very high price. (Which is okay sometimes if you can force your opponent into something they don't want as a result)

Most demons require too much to even be viable.

I honestly think that when a class can't even use it's own minions, there's a big problem with that class, hopefully blizzard will address it.
Edited by Darkalfx on 1/19/2014 12:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 12:49 PMPosted by Darkalfx
hopefully blizzard will address it.

They won't. They have stated that they don't want to make any further card changes unless it's an emergency. Furthermore, warlocks are doing well on Ladder and Arena, but that's only because they have incredible draw power, so they can keep up the tempo more easily. However, Blizzard doesn't take into account the cards which are used in the process. Giants, Twilight Drakes, Defender of Argus, Ancient Watcher... shove in two of each into your deck and you're good to go.

It's funny that Blizz only looks at cards, that are overused and never ask themselves "Hey guys, why's this card in less than 1% of Warlock decks?" Or they do, but they don't care as long as the statistics say that they are performing well enough.

I am genuinely curious about whether any of the Blizz team actually reads the class forums, but I fear that our problem won't be addressed for a long time.
Maybe, if Warlock Giants become competitive enough and everyone goes to the General section crying, they will consider Warlocks using Demons.
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 01:08 PMPosted by Rambo
hopefully blizzard will address it.

They won't. They have stated that they don't want to make any further card changes unless it's an emergency. Furthermore, warlocks are doing well on Ladder and Arena, but that's only because they have incredible draw power, so they can keep up the tempo more easily. However, Blizzard doesn't take into account the cards which are used in the process. Giants, Twilight Drakes, Defender of Argus, Ancient Watcher... shove in two of each into your deck and you're good to go.

It's funny that Blizz only looks at cards, that are overused and never ask themselves "Hey guys, why's this card in less than 1% of Warlock decks?" Or they do, but they don't care as long as the statistics say that they are performing well enough.

I am genuinely curious about whether any of the Blizz team actually reads the class forums, but I fear that our problem won't be addressed for a long time.
Maybe, if Warlock Giants become competitive enough and everyone goes to the General section crying, they will consider Warlocks using Demons.

I'm sure for now they're trying to stabilize things prior to release, in the grand scheme of balance it's not actually a big issue, as the card number increases people are statistically more likely to be using more neutral creatures than class minions.

However I am confident that at some point they will address this issue, if not by fixing our current demons, but perhaps by adding new ones.
Reply Quote
This game is pretty much release now that everyones got themselves a key. I find it a little odd that there isnt much communication at all from devs or people on the inside to answer peoples questions here and there. Hopefully the issue is looked at eventually because some of them are just too useless to use outside of casual. If you look at pretty much any other class there is just a massive gap between what is useful for decks and what isnt for class specific cards.

I cant tend to agree with using more neutral minions in comparison, but in competitive play thats pretty much what youre going to see. IE: giants, murlocs, generic rush downs.
Reply Quote
We're neutralocks, not Warlocks.
Whoever worked on the Warlock class pretty much just threw random things at a wall and waited to see if it stuck.
If yes, he put it into the game, if no, he did anyway.
It would explain the complete and utter lack of Synergies.
Reply Quote
I hope Blizzard read this forum. At least whoever in charge of Warlock class balance does.
We are like a dark Mage now, all magics and no class minion to play.
I stopped using my last class minion Flame Imp and Blood Imp due to two nerf patches.
For Warlock who do not merlock, we have no reason to run any class minions. They totally suck.
Edited by DioBrando on 1/20/2014 11:28 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]