Has there been a hotfix for blood imps?

I just read in general that the blood imp gives now +1 HP to two minions per round?
Nothing of that in the EU game yet, so I'm wondering if it's true, and if so, thoughts?
Reply Quote
Don't let you foul from trolls in general.

I couldn't even imagine how the Forum would be overfilled with tears if they would do such a hot fix.
Reply Quote
AHAHAHA
Reply Quote
01/18/2014 06:04 PMPosted by Serefina
Don't let you foul from trolls in general.

I couldn't even imagine how the Forum would be overfilled with tears if they would do such a hot fix.

Ah well, I guess expecting a boon after being the redheaded stepchild of classes would be too much. to ask for.
Reply Quote
It depends how you deal with the change, depending on your board, the blood imp boosting the hp of one or 2 of your minions to a high lvl could be something.
They're like a young priestess now but with stealth. I doubt putting 2 blood imps and also 2 young priestess would help, but who knows. :p
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 02:25 AMPosted by SperoMcgee
They're like a young priestess now but with stealth.

No, Young Priestess is actually not just a 1 health buff, it's also a big thread for most 2 drops.
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 02:45 AMPosted by Serefina
They're like a young priestess now but with stealth.

No, Young Priestess is actually not just a 1 health buff, it's also a big thread for most 2 drops.

What I mean is unless you have a flare to get rid of a stealth or indirectly have some sort of aoe you can't get rid of a blood imp, a young priestess you can.
With Young priestess for example in a priest deck you could slowly buff the hp for 1 or 2 turns or if Lightspawn or 2 lightspawns are the only minions on the field it would also indirectly increase their attack. Keeping a Young Priestess alive is alot harder than keeping a Blood Imp alive, now I'm don't experience with lock besides playing against them, but surely that could be something that you can combo blood imp with? Maybe a Magma Rager protected behind 1 taunt. There must be some other stuff. A felguard maybe? An early blood imp succubus play?

I don't know but I'm sure you locks can come up with something like how the murlock thing started, you guys will be fine.
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 02:54 AMPosted by SperoMcgee
What I mean is unless you have a flare to get rid of a stealth or indirectly have some sort of aoe you can't get rid of a blood imp, a young priestess you can.

Everyone has AoE or other non-targeted damage that can take out 1 health. The thing is, Young Priestess is actually a threat on her own, the Imp isn't. The result is that a Young Priestess SHOULD be removed anyway, while a Blood Imp can be ignored in favor of whatever else is out at the time (or for punching the Warlock in the face).

Also, having 2x Young Priesstess is a growing threat, while having 2x Blood Imp is simply a liability.

With Young priestess for example in a priest deck you could slowly buff the hp for 1 or 2 turns or if Lightspawn or 2 lightspawns are the only minions on the field it would also indirectly increase their attack.

Indeed, which means that Blood Imp is better for the Priest that copies it than for the Warlock that has it in their deck against that Priest. Keep in mind also that Priests have much more healing (a way to also better make use of stacked HP on minions) and health-based stat manipulation. Even then, the main reason I'd like Young Priestess in a Priest deck is to have a nice, synergistic threat to most 2-drops to help stymie aggro (which Priest can have difficulty with sometimes).

Keeping a Young Priestess alive is alot harder than keeping a Blood Imp alive, now I'm don't experience with lock besides playing against them, but surely that could be something that you can combo blood imp with?

Nothing that wouldn't have been much, much better before, and now on top of that you're stuck with a 0/1 that you can't even throw into a Buzzard or whatever without buffing (aka: additional card investment).

Maybe a Magma Rager

LoL.

A felguard maybe? An early blood imp succubus play?

Seriously... all of these minions you're listing are absolutely TERRIBLE, and gain no particular benefit from the Blood Imp. At least mention Imp Master or something that has some inherent benefit from gaining Health (and of course, Imp Master defeats it's own purpose by creating 1/1s that will randomly receive the bonus Health instead of her).

I don't know but I'm sure you locks can come up with something like how the murlock thing started, you guys will be fine.

Sure, but not because we're using the Blood Imp, which was very much overnerfed.
Reply Quote
Good point Tsenzei, I'd like to play warlock if it were possible but I myself don't even have the murloc cards to pull such a deck of. And I agree about the lock cards in general.
The only cards I really like is power siphon, void wakjer and shadowflame basicly.
Everything else though carries some sort of risk either through discarding cards, hurting yourself and your own minions with Hellfire and so on. I myself won't be playing a lock anytime soon regardless, my main already was a hunter even before the changes, now with the 2 mana cost for UTH, it's crazy good.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]