Why is Brawl an epic and not rare?

Brawl in the only mass minion removal card the warrior has in the entire class deck. Other classes have at least 1 spell for board clear either at the start, at common level or rare. To name a few: Lightning Storm - rare, Equality (+ any minion or card that does 1 damage) - rare, Hellfire - starter.

Why is this particular card a card that has to cost 400 points worth of crafting dust? Seems unfair that every time a murloc deck or a low cost minion deck, or as most of the time it happens, a very high hp high attack board appears before me I can do little to stop it, in which case, most of the time it ends up with a loss because no board clear of any kind.

Agreed that execute helps, but that's 2 minions, what is any1 supposed to do about the other 3 or 4 that appear later on?

And this is not about tactics, because yes, warriors rely most of the time on charge decks, yes, but the situations stands, warrior has a lot to lose if a pack of minions is facing the opponent's pack, and brawl is used, the result: the enemy minion may just win the fight and then it's still a loss. At least if the possibility of using Brawl exists then maybe strategy would become different, but I don't think every1 wants to spend 400 dust on something that MAY help them out of a sticky situation.
Reply Quote
the other class board removals only remove one half of the board, brawl is epic because it removes both sides of the board (minus 1 minion).
Reply Quote
01/20/2014 03:46 PMPosted by Walach
the other class board removals only remove one half of the board, brawl is epic because it removes both sides of the board (minus 1 minion).

this is retarded answer.

-------------------------------------------

To OP. Brawl epic cause its best aoe in the game (if not mention retarded loladin combo). basically if oponent have 2-4-6 (midle or heavy) minons you remove them all. even minion with 100 HP. mage can do 4 damage. but you can kill 5 buffed murlocks, or better druid huge beasts. and left him with novice engeneer. so for it cost and what its do its truly an epic card.
Edited by Fortriks on 1/20/2014 10:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
brawl is pretty good, what bothers me is shield slam
Reply Quote
Plus Brawl plays so nicely with Deathrattle.
Reply Quote
When is a Brawl with a last one standing not epic?

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote
01/20/2014 10:24 AMPosted by Throner
Agreed that execute helps, but that's 2 minions, what is any1 supposed to do about the other 3 or 4 that appear later on?

You should not be in a situation where you need execute to remove murlocs.
Fiery War Axe and Arathi Weaponsmith allow you to clear Murlocs before they get buffs. You can also use cleave or even whirlwind otherwise.
If you want a substitute to Brawl you can play Abomination.
Reply Quote
01/20/2014 10:42 PMPosted by Fortriks

this is retarded answer.

no, that's you if you can't sense the sarcasm...
Reply Quote
Do you think card rarity is based on balance? Look at Hungry Crab for instance. Brawl is epic because they want the card to feel epic.

In the history of all TCGs, rarity has never defined the usefulness of a card. Plenty of common cards are better than legendary/epic cards.
Reply Quote
01/22/2014 02:37 PMPosted by Bogrim
Do you think card rarity is based on balance? Look at Hungry Crab for instance. Brawl is epic because they want the card to feel epic.

In the history of all TCGs, rarity has never defined the usefulness of a card. Plenty of common cards are better than legendary/epic cards.

This is well put. Raging worgen is probably the BEST minion in the warrior deck right now, and it is common.

I wish Brawl were rare, then I'd have it. But it definitely is the best removal in the game except as mentioned, the wild pyro + equality combo. I guess you could say that brawl is the best single card removal in the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]