700 dust, not sure what to do.

Is it possible to make a decent control deck with 700 dust + some good druid cards already have?

Earlier I made and/bought x2 Wraths, x2 Power of the wild, 1x Mark of Nature, 1x Soul of the Forest, x2 Keeper of the Grove and X2 Druid of the Claw

Neutrals worth mentioning I have are x2 Worgen Infiltrator, 1x Faerie Dragon, 2x Harvest Golem, 2x Scarlet Crusader, x1 Jungle Panther, x2 Raging Worgen, x2 Cult Master, x1 Spellbreaker and 2x Silver Hand Knights

Other than that it's basic cards.

I'm thinking of making an Ancient of Lore, 2 Starfalls and a Nourish? Will they suffice to build a good budget control deck, or should I spend the dust on something else?
Reply Quote
Usually 1x starfall is enough along with 2x Swipes for AoE especially if you run Wild Pyromancers or Spellpower. Id suggest saving and making two Ancients of Lore or get 1x Lore 1x Starfall then save up.

If you have an Abomination it can often fill the role of Starfall till you get one.
Reply Quote
don't use mark of nature, it's pretty bad.

Matrias gave some good suggestions
Reply Quote
hmm.

i'd say just play it out incomplete and save up till you can get a few cards at once.

i hate saving up from a low amount of dust.

i waited till i had 4000 to finish the druid deck... thats a lotta dust if you're F2P tho =P

I'm Diablo 3 gold to play! if it were not for the RMAH, i wouldn't have the cards i do today,and the gold instasells... must be some peeps still playing D3
Reply Quote
Alright, got the 2 Ancient of Lores as recommended.

Deck right now:

x2 Innervate
x2 Claw
x1 Mark of the Wild
x2 Power of the Wild
x2 Wrath
x1 Faerie Dragon
x1 Savage Roar
x2 Harvest Golem
x2 Shattered Sun Cleric
x1 Bite
x2 Swipe
x2 Keeper of the Grove
x2 Sen'jin Shieldmasta
x2 Druid of the Claw
x2 Starfire
x2 Ancient of Lore
x2 Ironbark Protector

I'm considering replacing the Faerie Dragon with an ooze, but I really appreciate its ability to resist direct removal (frost bolt, wrath, drain life etc), even though I can't target buffs on it. I plan to replace it with a pyromancer asap though, but I don't have the dust for it.

Haven't lost with it so far, but I'm only rank 21. Any criticisms?
Reply Quote
Hey Matria's, have not seen you in a while. Hope things are going well.

~Wix
Reply Quote
First of all the deck looks like a decent druid deck without any legendarys :). So well done!

Still I have some suggestions, that perhaps will improve it! Any who you can always try it out, and switch back ;-)

Cards I would take out
- power of the wild x2
- shattered sun cleric x2
- starfire 1 or 2.

Cards that I would replace them with
- Neutralize x1 (you need a "oh !@#$ bottom") and you don't have Thinkmaster, which would be the best solution!
- pyromamcer, ozze or even a youthful brewmaster.
- healing touch x1
- Earthen ring farseer x2
- starfall x 1

With these cards, I think you will crawl a bit higher in ranks :).
Reply Quote
Can you explain to me the utility of healing touch and farseer? I mean, I see the obvious use of healing up the hero, but most minions will be removed in one turn unless you get a favourable trade where you minion lives through a trade, then you play the farseer on it. Cleric, on the other hand, might give that 1 health buff that lets you trade and live, or 1 attack that lets you deal with big threats with cheaper minions.

I suppose starfire/starfall is interchangable, so I think I will drop 1 starfire, which has been useful to me so far. Pyro is an amazing 2 drop, but I don't have enough dust to craft it yet (which I will be farming), and I guess starfall is cheaper, with the downside of it having no card draw (no dust either, but will get one asap).

So with 2 farseers, 1 naturalize, a pyro and a starfall would be 320 dust. Might take some time, depending on my luck with the expert packs.
Reply Quote
keep clerics. add the ooze. drop at least 1 starfire for starfall when you can.

don't worry about the naturalize or pyro yet. Priority is starfall and farseers. You are correct that the use of farseers is for when you can make a favorable trade (say with a charge DoTC) and then heal up. Also useful with the current hunter meta where it's just facefaceface damage.

drop 2x power of the wild for the ooze/healing touch. starfire for starfall.

you also need an argent commander. perfect 6 drop that fits your curve. i'd take out either 1x ironbark or mark of the wild if you got this. lastly, if you can get a sunwalker to replace a sen'jin, that would be ideal too.

prio:
starfall
argent
farseers
pyro
naturalize
Edited by Sheep on 1/23/2014 8:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
So after a while of playing, here's my current deck list:

x2 Innervate
x2 Wrath
x2 Claw
x1 Ooze
x1 Wild Pyromancer
x1 Savage Roar
x2 Farseer
x2 Harvest Golem
x1 Cleric (Considering removing this for Argent Commander/Sunwalker, or Cairne/Hogger if I ever get one)
x1 Bite
x2 Swipe
x2 Yeti
x2 Keeper of the Grove
x1 Starfall
x2 DoTC
x2 Starfire
x2 Ancient of Lore
x2 Ironbark Protector
Reply Quote
"Argent Commander/Sunwalker, or Cairne/Hogger if I ever get one)"

if you ever get one of those, you will replace starfire, not cleric.

2x starfire is overkill as said before. also bite/savage roar don't have a purpose in this deck.
Reply Quote
Quick update here, I sank 20 more dollars for packs, and managed to draw a Golden Sunwalker, an Ancient of War, a Gruul, a Black Knight and an Argent commander. I have no idea what to do :/
Edited by Slanderman on 1/29/2014 8:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
Nice, 2 Legendary's youre beating the odds.

There are older versions of the Druid control deck that ran Argent's, Sunwalker and Black Knight...well Black Knight is still in many decks that is why Sunwalkers and AoW are now obsolete cause BK 2 for 1 and it will usually cost you the game.

Gruul will most likely be DEed but throw in BK and Argent for now. Looks like you wanted to remove a Cleric for either Argent or Sunwalker. Perhaps you can save up more dust including Gruul to get yourself that Cairne.

Play with a few versions of the deck and see how you like it and fits your style.

Cheers & GL,
CC-
Reply Quote
I DE'ed enough stuff so that DEing Gruul will get me a legendary. Do you think I should get Cairne before Tinkmaster or Ragnaros?

I removed a savage roar and a starfire for a Sunwalker and Black Knight, and planning to replace the Cleric with a Legendary (Might be Tinkmaster, since everyone hypes it up so much). Do you think I should replace the Sunwalker with the Argent, or do you think I should replace something else in favor of the Argent?

Also, should I even consider Ancient of War?
Reply Quote
Sure you can play AoW in your deck and see how it goes. Many builds used 1 until BK became prevalent.

Before you DE Gruul try the deck out first. If they ever buff Gruul you can get full value from it like Sylvanas now. Getting 400 Dust isnt to bad since you have a few new toys to play with. This also gives you some time to think if you need a a Cairne, Rag or Tink.

But if you had to choose now I would go with Tink. Just to good of a card not to be in any deck. Also for all intensive purposes you can proxy Sunwalker and use it like a Cairne. It's basically a 4/5 body that need to be dealth with twice but you can also argue that it's technically a 1/1 turning into a 4/5. But it's the best approximation to gauge if you want the Cairne or not.

Also when I run casual I tend to make AoW a 10/5 and boy do they need to deal with it in a hurry.

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote
Also, should I even consider Ancient of War?

short answer :YES can be super deadly if enemy cant deal with it ! He is one of those high risk very high reward cards.
This bad boy can trade 1 for 4 with easy if enemy is out of removal/silence(or just end the game if they trade 3 for 1 and didnt kill same tunr and it you use a healing touch on it :)
Edited by Prototype on 1/29/2014 9:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
until you get higher in the ranks, definitely run your AoW. remove the last starfire for argent.

de gruul, craft rag and replace the ironbarks since you now have AoW/Sunwalker
Reply Quote
Alright, replacing an Ironbark with AoW.

Now I have a dilemma.

To replace the second Ironbark for Rag, or to replace the cleric for Tinkmaster? I can only craft one, and Tink is great for druids as druids don't have morph, but rag is top tier card...
Reply Quote
Believe Tink might be slightly better, mainly due to lack of non-hindering big threat removals for Druid. On the other hand, Rag has the benefit of working with more than just the druid deck. It's indeed a tough choice.

Also, as I've not had the chance to use either, my opinion may not be the best, so perhaps it may be better to get a second opinion from a more experienced player.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]