Battle fatigue damages armor instead of health

So I asked myself after I lost against a warrior who kept pumping armor after he basically drained my cards and I tactically expected he would get affected by the battle fatigue and it would damage his health and not his armor, why didn't it do it?

A game which I basically started out really offensively and after 4 rounds I managed to get him to 8 health when he didn't even touch me ONCE. I was 30 health 24/7 until his RNG gods helped him win the battle.

It all started with the card he picked up which was "brawl", my mana wurm which had like 7 dmg and my sorcerer's apprentice who had full health. The apprentice won the brawl and as I expected, he could counter the apprentice easily.

After the amount of cards he drew and the amount of cards I countered with my AoE spells. I'd expect atleast a fair mechanic when it came to the end game.

But lol jk, he gained up 30+ armor cause I was out of minions.

We've pretty much dealt the way armor can go way more up than the amount of health your character can have. But this????

/Discuss
Reply Quote
Works as intended. Don't let a warrior gain 30+ armor. Don't overextend vs. Brawl. Armor works just like health in virtually every circumstance but is also better in that it stops freeze effects if they can't get through the armor.
Reply Quote
Why wouldn't Armor block fatigue, which is nothing but a source of damage?

The only thing the Warrior hero ability stops is damage to the hero. That is literally all it does. What conceivable reason is there for the rules to be changed so it doesn't even stop damage from all sources? It's already the weakest hero power in the game.

Yeah, yeah, you can spout off about "How does armor stop you from getting tired?" This is a card game, it cannot have special rules for every weird edge case. Why does having a wizard improve your spells (Dalaran Mage) make you better able to stab somebody in the back (Backstab) or hit them really hard with your axe (Mortal Strike)?

Armor is a game mechanic. It blocks damage to your hero. Fatigue is another game mechanic. It causes damage to your hero. Working as intended.
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
Armor is removed first by damage.

Fatigue is damage.
Reply Quote
Complaining about Warrior hero power!! Now I seen everything.
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 01:12 PMPosted by Elamdri
Don't overextend vs. Brawl.

First of all, how can I expect him to have brawl? Secondly, there was just 2 cards on the battlefield and those were mine. The RNG is part of it all, I'm not blaming that tho.

01/23/2014 01:15 PMPosted by Stonkeep
Complaining about Warrior hero power!! Now I seen everything.

"Complaining about mages" "Complaining about hunters" "Complaining about heal" - "now I've seen everything".

I don't see how this is constructive.
Reply Quote
this is the dumbest post i've ever seen on this forum, why would fatigue damage bypass armor?
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 01:24 PMPosted by Gamegon
First of all, how can I expect him to have brawl? Secondly, there was just 2 cards on the battlefield and those were mine. The RNG is part of it all, I'm not blaming that tho.

You have to understand what threatening cards a hero would have (e.g lightning storm) and play as if that person may have it. In this case the player waited until you have exhausted your hand and started board clearing and stopped your offensive pressure which would not even break his armor. In the end, a warrior has superior deckout to a mage.
Reply Quote
How is this worth talking about when the priest power does essentially the same thing but is far more versatile? The only thing armor does better than a straight up heal is that you can stack it above 30, and that it does not get affected by alexstrasza. The priest can heal their freaking minions, the only thing you use armor up on is...the hero.

Also, do you even realize how many warrior players would rather trade off their hero ability for the mage/druid ones? or even the priest's? This complain is really nonsensical.
Reply Quote
I agree with everyone, the OP sounds a bit whiny... but I arrived here because I was the one playing Druid and wondered if my armor would have withstood the point of fatigue damage I was due the next turn, cause despite me dominating the board I only had 1 health left.
The opponent surrendered and I was left with the mystery, and I honestly believed he had only surrendered cause maybe he didn't think that fatigue might kill me next turn. Good to see it wouldn't have :D
PD: what I mean is that the whining might be a bit unfair to all those poor warriors, but I still think it's a legitimate though that armor NOT blocking fatigue damage could be the case.
Reply Quote
12/28/2014 03:34 AMPosted by JDarJul
I agree with everyone, the OP sounds a bit whiny... but I arrived here because I was the one playing Druid and wondered if my armor would have withstood the point of fatigue damage I was due the next turn, cause despite me dominating the board I only had 1 health left.
The opponent surrendered and I was left with the mystery, and I honestly believed he had only surrendered cause maybe he didn't think that fatigue might kill me next turn. Good to see it wouldn't have :D
PD: what I mean is that the whining might be a bit unfair to all those poor warriors, but I still think it's a legitimate though that armor NOT blocking fatigue damage could be the case.

This isn't necromancer forum.
Reply Quote
Because stacking Armor becomes a Problem. There is no Counterplay vs Armor except DMG. But Armor is cheaper as DMG. And it makes sense that Armor does not Block fatigue.
Its the Punishing Mechanic for going out of Cards.

Warrior Fanboys these Days....
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 01:12 PMPosted by Elamdri
Don't overextend vs. Brawl.

First of all, how can I expect him to have brawl? Secondly, there was just 2 cards on the battlefield and those were mine. The RNG is part of it all, I'm not blaming that tho..

ALWAYS expect they have it. This is what you sound like:

I was playing Druid against a Shaman and I played Ragnaros on Turn 3 using The Coin and 2 Innervates, and he HEXED IT!!!!! How was I supposed to know he had Hex???? RNG!

If there's a card in the opponent's deck (and you should always know what's probably in your opponent's deck within a couple of turns or so, especially in this case as Brawl is a Warrior staple) that can screw you, play as if it's already in their hand, whether you know it is or not.
Edited by Loco1234 on 12/31/2014 9:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
Fatigue SHOULD bypass armor,

Max HP = 30
Max Armor = NO Limit

Fatigue should be a direct damage to health if not, the game is stating
that armor = health.

Since the warrior now has an easy chance to get 20+ armor.
Just with 2 Shield blocks and 2 Shieldmaidens plus any activation of hero power
and Armor smith's ridiculous scaling potential.

Suggestions for balancing.
Add cards that break huge amounts of armor as an effect or entirely.
Either by battle cry or as a post damage effect.
Just like the swamp ooze destroys the opponent's weapon.
Reply Quote
not only is this thread necro'd for a third time. but you are suggesting to weaken warrior hero power when we [warriors]would gladly trade it for any of the other hero powers?
Reply Quote
01/31/2015 02:37 PMPosted by RedBeardBD
not only is this thread necro'd for a third time. but you are suggesting to weaken warrior hero power when we [warriors]would gladly trade it for any of the other hero powers?

I only see 2. A thread isn't considered a necro until at least week or more has passed since the last post.
Reply Quote
I just encountered this. I would have no problem with it BUT my mage had a damn ice armor up with 7 armor and it took away my HEALTH instead of armor while the warrior just sat happily spamming armor up.

So if it's good for warrior armor the fatigue damage should also take off mage armor first.

Not whining. Fair is fair.
Reply Quote
05/04/2015 11:44 AMPosted by HoofHearted
I just encountered this. I would have no problem with it BUT my mage had a damn ice armor up with 7 armor and it took away my HEALTH instead of armor while the warrior just sat happily spamming armor up.

So if it's good for warrior armor the fatigue damage should also take off mage armor first.

Not whining. Fair is fair.

First of all, secrets only activate on the enemies turn, so yeah an ice barrier wouldn't activate from drawing on your turn. Second of all:

12/28/2014 04:02 AMPosted by CreamyFrog
This isn't necromancer forum.
Reply Quote
Personally armor should block physical damage, you know from weapons for minions or even minions effect but spells should go through armor. That only makes sense to me really.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]