Warrior uphill battle

Current situation. Caster classes are OP and totally OP against Warriordecks or Melee Decks. Because Mage and Priest are currently the most popular and most played classes in the game you face them almost every time you play a ranked game. This is getting boring really fast and is quite frustrating. I do not have a problem with some minor imbalance but I do not have any motivation to further put money into a game with such discrepancies.
I find that the game is ok against other classes.
Reply Quote
I'm a bit lost here. What exactly is happening? I realize "Casters" are played quite a bit but what exactly do you mean by caster's being op? What classes exactly and how?
Reply Quote
Yeah, not sure what you mean. This game requires you to use different strategies for different situations. If you are getting chumped my Mages and Priests, you are going to need to experiment with tweeking your deck. You can adjust you deck to compensate for almost any situation. The trick is balance. I do think Warriors may need to use some less intuitive strategies than other classes (Stack armor like a boss and be ready for those fireballs, son) Mage is pretty strait forward. But Warriors make you think differently. Maybe you should try playing another class that better suits your natural playing style. I play Mage with a pretty slow deck and I get slapped around by Hunters and Shamans. But over all the class balance in this game is stellar. IMO.
Reply Quote
The "ENTIRE" meta revolves around minions so casters and hybrids like locks, priests, mages, druids etc get a lot of really hard hitting spell removal while warrior's MAJOR source of removal is weapons which has a consequence by the warrior also receiving damage where as the casters don't suffer that same consequence. So if a mage and war are trading removal yes they can probably keep the same pace of removal up but the warrior loses health while doing so while the other classes don't for the most part.

This is a major reason a lot of people are calling for the warrior hero power to be reworked.
Reply Quote
I've explained the warrior problem in tons of previous posts already but I'll reiterate a short version.

Warriors lose the card-effiency war against other classes because all the other classes' hero power are offensive in nature that assists in 1-hp ping removal without the cost of cards or minion summoning or card drawing power itself.

On top of that, the warrior' class orientated DRAW cards is situational and dependant on NOT killing a minion or require your own minions to be wounded first.
Reply Quote
Warriors have amazing control. Try watching some of Mi3ey's play from EU servers or other high level warriors. You never run out of cards and you can easily put on pressure while still controling the board. If you know what you're doing on a warrior you can easily outdraw any other class. I've made it to fatigue long before priests and druids, and finished them off in the same stroke. Use some Gadgetzan Auctioneers with all those cheap spells. Works wonders.
Reply Quote
your playing bad players if you can outdraw a priest or a druid, with a warrior,

warrior has the worst draw in the game and bad
Reply Quote
01/24/2014 07:36 PMPosted by Ravis
I've explained the warrior problem in tons of previous posts already but I'll reiterate a short version.

Warriors lose the card-effiency war against other classes because all the other classes' hero power are offensive in nature that assists in 1-hp ping removal without the cost of cards or minion summoning or card drawing power itself.

On top of that, the warrior' class orientated DRAW cards is situational and dependant on NOT killing a minion or require your own minions to be wounded first.

This. I've seen plenty of people posting and playing decent warrior decks, but none that seem to be better at what they do than the typical other class deck.

I think another big problem contributing to this is how situational our removal is. Don't get me wrong, they're excellent cards. But most of them are also dead cards against the wrong deck. Our weapons would easily make up for this as efficient damage to the face if we could maintain board control through minions. But all of our class minions except for Bloodthirsty and Grom (too late and situational to matter for board control) have below average survivability.
Reply Quote
Charge was a decent mechanic till the nerf due to people playing a cheese OTK deck.
Reply Quote
your playing bad players if you can outdraw a priest or a druid, with a warrior,

warrior has the worst draw in the game and bad

Warrior has AMAZING card draw. I've had games where I am forced to kill my own Auctioneer I'm getting too many.
2 x Acolyte of Pain
2 x Gadgetzan Auctioneer

Those alone will get you insane cards.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]