Violet Paw: The deck that took me to Legend

01/29/2014 01:12 AMPosted by Antares
Most players don't play that much AOE spells right now. If more swarm decks are in the meta, this deck will of course suffer from it. Also, your opponent doesn't know that he has to hold on to his AOE: The shaman I've played against wasted their Lightning Storms on only a few of my minions because they thought it wouldn't be that useful anyway.

Fun deck Antares. I went 6-1 yesterday with the best 4th turn pay being Violet, innervate, moonfire and power of the wild. The game I lost I got board wiped twice by a paladin deck with a true silver out as well so it was bad news bears.

That's pretty good. I've had a bad run just now and wasn't able to pull that off in any game at all :(.

Overall fun deck but I did make some changes. I dropped the 2 Loot Hoarders for a Nat Pagle and a Cenarius.

Seems reasonable. I don't think Nat Pagle is at his best in this deck because you don't want to have to defend him and rather keep your resources, but he's still very good.

Yeah I played a bit more last night with a more modest win rate. Closer to 60/40 as a pair of priests and a hunter butchered me. But overall the deck gets the job done with many of the card synergys in the deck.

I also got the cast 40 spells quest so for fun I used your main engine and put in about 10 more spells and eventhough I didn't win either of the 2 games I played I was able to cast 40 spells in those 2 games haha

Violet Minion Madness!

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote
This deck is amazing, had a lot of fun playing it! It has amazing card draw with the gadgetzan auctioneer and those low cost spells. The violet teacher is a beast in this deck, being able to swarm the board in a single turn. I swapped a loot hoarder for nat pagle and ragnaros for cenarius. Nat pagle can often draw you more than 1 card and is much harder to deal with due to his 4 health. Cenarius just fits the deck much better than ragnaros (even though ragnaros is an amazing card). With cenarius you can often buff your board to secure the victory.
Reply Quote
I'm liking this deck a lot. Even without the legendaries you can easily run this deck.
Reply Quote
I've now also replaced Ragnaros with Cenarius. The deck is not well equipped to perform this whole "Ragnaros, Faceless Manipulator, Big Game Hunter" dance, so it's better to just not participate at all. And my Rag never hits the thing I want anyway :/.
Reply Quote
Nice deck, really works, but i changed one golem for bgh, one innervate for healing touch and bite for starfire, seems better. I really like this deck, and now i think about changing rag for hogger. I dont really like cenarius. thx for sharing this deck
Reply Quote
I gave your deck a try, it is brilliant and so not mainstream...

Me like it :)
Reply Quote
Then you all say it worth it? :) cause i'm looking for a fun deck to play and have some dust :)
Reply Quote
I implemented the following changes:

-1 Bite
+1 Malygos (brilliant with Moonfire, Wrath...)

-2 Looter (drawing is already plenty with the Auctioneer thingy + Wrath + Azura Drake)
+2 Wild growth (efficient also once you have 10 cristals with the Violet Teacher and Auctioneer)

It is surely fun, and rather efficient a deck
Edited by Koervek on 1/31/2014 3:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 09:30 AMPosted by DruidsDieIrl
Nice deck, really works, but i changed one golem for bgh, one innervate for healing touch and bite for starfire, seems better. I really like this deck, and now i think about changing rag for hogger. I dont really like cenarius. thx for sharing this deck

I can't recommend cutting Innervate. It's one of the most important cards in the deck.
Reply Quote
While I was trying this deck out, I actually had somebody play Milhouse Manastorm while I was holding the Violet Teacher and a handful of spells + PotW... Why anybody would even be using that card, I have no idea, but it was pretty funny. I couldn't resist making a whole row of 2/2 Violet Apprentices.

Anyway, this is a fun deck, thanks for posting it.
Reply Quote
He has his uses, typically when you're playing someone whom is topdecking, and possibly early on before they can get a handful of spell cards. Still, his downside seems to be far worse than the benefit of playing him.
Reply Quote
From looking at the cards my guess is this deck is weak against early game and vulnerable to something like the ever popular murloc deck.
Reply Quote
Btw is this deck really working? i mean i see the potentional and will try it, but it only works if you draw the violet and auctioneer. And i guess 1 AOE is enough to clear house :S
Reply Quote
How is Illidan in this? Seems thematic.

Also, i was messing around playing Wild Growth (because I don't have all the cards fro this) and when your mana bar fills up it essentially becomes a 2-mana draw three with auctioneer out. Dunno if that's good enough to play (how often do people really hit 10 mana? I don't actually know yet) but it was fun at least (drew something like 10 cards my kill turn in one game ...) :D
Edited by Anomie on 2/1/2014 8:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
Im playing this deck right now, and so far, paladins are the ones i'm losing to the most.

You are correct about the win percentage being <50% against paladins.
Reply Quote
01/31/2014 01:11 PMPosted by Helldrake
Btw is this deck really working? i mean i see the potentional and will try it, but it only works if you draw the violet and auctioneer. And i guess 1 AOE is enough to clear house :S

You're drawing through most of your deck in most longer games, and against aggro decks you don't need the combo. You only run into a problem if both Violets are in the bottom 10 or so cards.

02/01/2014 07:53 AMPosted by Anomie
How is Illidan in this? Seems thematic.

Also, i was messing around playing Wild Growth (because I don't have all the cards fro this) and when your mana bar fills up it essentially becomes a 2-mana draw three with auctioneer out. Dunno if that's good enough to play (how often do people really hit 10 mana? I don't actually know yet) but it was fun at least (drew something like 10 cards my kill turn in one game ...) :D

Unfortunately, Illidan is just not a very good card. You pay 2 more mana for +4/+0 (almost irrelevant) and slightly larger tokens. I can see Wild Growth being good.

Im playing this deck right now, and so far, paladins are the ones i'm losing to the most.

You are correct about the win percentage being <50% against paladins.

The fact that they can play Equality if you play big dudes, Consecration if you play your combo, or both if you go all in makes it very hard.
Reply Quote
How is Cenarius working since you added? I have been thinking about crafting it
Reply Quote
been playing this deck alot, surprises alot of people i think. I have alot of trouble with shaman and pallys.
Reply Quote
02/04/2014 12:55 PMPosted by leonwehttam
been playing this deck alot, surprises alot of people i think. I have alot of trouble with shaman and pallys.

Against Shaman or Pali their AOE will level the field so you just use the draw engine basically and outlast them. Just destroy everything that comes out to the field and play it more like Druid control.

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote
02/04/2014 09:02 AMPosted by Istarilight
How is Cenarius working since you added? I have been thinking about crafting it

He's good. It's definitely a good addition, but now I'm worried that the deck doesn't have enough gas to beat the ultra control decks. I can severely outdraw decks like Warrior control, but I always hit the bottom of my deck. So, I'm considering adding Ysera.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]