Violet Paw: The deck that took me to Legend

02/05/2014 02:19 AMPosted by Antares
How is Cenarius working since you added? I have been thinking about crafting it

He's good. It's definitely a good addition, but now I'm worried that the deck doesn't have enough gas to beat the ultra control decks. I can severely outdraw decks like Warrior control, but I always hit the bottom of my deck. So, I'm considering adding Ysera.

I agree with this and I have already put it in the deck. I took out bite cause Mage has phased out and if your against a rush deck I would rather play a minion than give myself a 1 turn weapon in which I loose the armor anyhow when attacking a minion. I tend to use my Druid of the Claws as charge exclusively to get rid of threats cause if you taunt they usually dispatch him with their lowest drop and some form of spell or kill him outright while they keep board position.

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote
In the aggro matchups I use Bite usually on their face, to gain some life and to stay alive until Ancient of Lore comes out. And it often sets up lethal on the next turn; as you know, they never even consider removing your minions so they don't die next turn.
Reply Quote
Thanks for your reply,

I think Onyxia and Savage roar are interesting options after Cenarius. Ysera I feel is some what lacking.

I personally like Onyxia better than Ysera, both vs control and aggro type decks. Considering both cards and scenarios against Silence, hex, Mind control etc

Both power of the wild, Cenarius and Savage Roar complements her well.
Reply Quote
02/01/2014 05:51 PMPosted by Antares
Unfortunately, Illidan is just not a very good card. You pay 2 more mana for +4/+0 (almost irrelevant) and slightly larger tokens. I can see Wild Growth being good.

My original thought was he'd probably only be worth it if you wanted a third violet bad enough to make it worth two mana - and I haven't played the deck enough to know.

(and I just 3-1'd despite playing terribly, I shouldn't play when I'm tired)
Edited by Anomie on 2/6/2014 2:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
I've been reading this topic since you first posted it. Just pulled a Bloodmage, so I'm going to give this deck a try.
Reply Quote
i have alot of fun with this deck even though i am still missing some cards.

however i find myself in situations sometimes where i dont know how to play best.
for example: i am second player and could coin+innervate into violet teacher in the first turn.
On one hand i feel like this is a good start as having the teacher out early seems to be very strong, on the other hand i already wasted 2 of my 0 mana cards which i cannot use to proc teacher ability. what would you recommend here?

And in general which would you say is the best possible starting hand for this deck?

Last question: i have enough dust to craft a legendary atm. i already own cairne and ragnaros. Should i rather craft Thalnos, Ysera, Sylvanas, Tinkmaster or Cenarius? :/
Thanks alot for help!
Edited by Simsel on 2/7/2014 8:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/07/2014 07:36 AMPosted by Simsel

Last question: i have enough dust to craft a legendary atm. i already own cairne and ragnaros. Should i rather craft Thalnos, Ysera, Sylvanas, Tinkmaster or Cenarius? :/
Thanks alot for help!

Depends on what you like to play. Thalnos is good in most druid decks, and useful in most other classes, so I would probably call that "first" regardless.

Cenarius is amazing in this deck specifically, so if this is what you want to play, that comes up to first or a very close second.

Tinkmaster and Sylvanas are both good in multiple decks, in multiple classes, Tinkmaster being one of the only "auto-include" legends for most decks. Ysera, lastly, only really shines in a control deck. If you like control, she is worth considering, but otherwise is of lower import than what options you have listed.
Reply Quote
ok you make good points.
so as i plan to create a card for multiple decks i will go with Thalnos.
Thx for your reply
Reply Quote
Simsel Fenrir makes a lot of good points but I would go for Tinkmaster. Reason being you cant proxy Tink but you can proxy Thalnos with a geomancer and get the spell bonus minus the deathrattle.

Tink for President!

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote
ok that does not make my decision any easier :D
actually i was torn between tinkmaster and thalnos anyways...
Does Tinkmaster fit into this deck, as he is not listed?

I have a feeling that whichever of both i craft, i will open in my next booster so that i have two then :D
Edited by Simsel on 2/7/2014 10:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
Tink fits into this deck ez pz.

Tink provdes answers to late game threats like an opponents Ysera, Rag or what not.

Mind you if you craft either one your will still be ahead than what you have now.

To make the decision even harder...Thalnos was the first Legendary I crafted as well my friend :P

But overall after playing both Thalnos is there to mitigate rush and Tink is there to handle control. What are you more afraid of?

Cheers,
CC-
Edited by CaptainCarl on 2/7/2014 10:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
Tinkmaster it is as i am more afraid of control at the moment ;)
Thanks for your helpful input on this!

Btw: what do you think about my other question?
Is it wise to coin+innervate in the first turn when use almost all of my hand in that moment?
Or even double innervate for a big minion?
Edited by Simsel on 2/7/2014 10:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
Could u post ur most updated deck so far. Have u tried ysera out yet?
Reply Quote
02/07/2014 10:32 AMPosted by Simsel
Tinkmaster it is as i am more afraid of control at the moment ;)
Thanks for your helpful input on this!

Btw: what do you think about my other question?
Is it wise to coin+innervate in the first turn when use almost all of my hand in that moment?
Or even double innervate for a big minion?

Sim it depends who I am playing against. Not wise to do that against Shaman or Mage who can Hex or Poly but good against Paly or another Druid. If the minion has 4 attack its safe against Priest as well.

If you know your going against rush perhaps you innervate that shieldmasta out on turn 2 or druid of the claw taunt turn 3. But that is situational as well because if they start to flood the board with little guys perhaps you wait till turn 3 to coin innervate Bloodmage Swipe to clear board or turn 3 innervate Starfall if they have 3 guys out.

Experience will dictate your actions. Don't worry about loosing because you will learn from those losses.

But sometimes you just have to throw three sheets to the wind and play that bad boy and who cares if its dealt with as long as it puts a smile on your face and perhaps make your opponent piss his pants and concede haha

Cheers,
CC-
Edited by CaptainCarl on 2/7/2014 12:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
So. Been playing this deck most of the morning now. Have gone about 12-2 wins-losses.

The draw power on this deck is completely insane. Most of the time, because of this draw power, I simply have the answers every turn and this is not even counting the combos you can pull off with it - which are nice, but not entirely necessary thanks to the draw and nice spread of minions.

The other plus, which is the most important, is that this deck is not only beastly, it's fun as heck to play too. That's pretty rare with decks that have the potential to completely own face.

Lots of fun. I'll keep on playing it and make tweaks along the way.

EDIT: Oh, both those losses were against Giants decks, a Priest and a Warlock.
Edited by Pokey on 2/9/2014 7:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hi There!

Vera Nice concept indeed. I was trying this with great success with the Druid.

But then i went to do daily quests with the pala and mage. They are even more hilarious with the teacher, drake and auctioneer mixed with all the spells their basic decks provide.

I think the time this deck concept surprises people will be Short ;) Untill then, its fun as hell to imagine the faces of your opponents! ^^

Thanks for sharing!
Reply Quote
02/07/2014 11:17 AMPosted by Kayhole
Could u post ur most updated deck so far. Have u tried ysera out yet?

Here's my updated deck list:
2 Innervate
2 Moonfire
2 Claw
2 Wrath
2 Wild Growth
2 Power of the Wild
1 Bloodmage Thalnos
2 Harvest Golem
2 Violet Teacher
2 Swipe
2 Keeper of the Grove
1 Bite
2 Gadgetzan Auctioneer
2 Azure Drake
2 Ancient of Lore
1 Ysera
1 Cenarius

I didn't like Wild Growth in the old list, but with Ysera in the deck, it's actually quite good. Loot Hoarder was only there to force the opponent to hero power on turn 2 or 3 so that you don't lose tempo, but just using that dead time to accelerate instead is better.

Thanks for all your replies!
Edited by Antares on 2/9/2014 11:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
What a fun deck. Kudos antares!
Reply Quote
They call me 'the Paw' :P

I guess this deck wouldn't work without legendaries, or?
Reply Quote
It is less reliant on legendaries than the widely used Druid builds, but of course it is improved by the legendaries as well.

02/09/2014 01:29 PMPosted by Velox
What a fun deck. Kudos antares!

Thanks!
Edited by Antares on 2/10/2014 1:35 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]