Violet Paw: The deck that took me to Legend

As I've said before, I could be wrong about not playing Savage Roar. I just don't want to cut anything because everything in the deck works so well together and Savage Roar is only good when you're already winning.

Just hit Rank 10 on EU. I'm very excited!
Reply Quote
i called it on page 3 of this thread
"I have a feeling that whichever of both i craft, i will open in my next booster so that i have two then :D"
This happened... yesterday night i got my first legendary since that post. and it was Tinkmaster Overspark ... god...
And disappointed as i was, i already dusted him regretting it 5 minutes later when i thought about him getting a possible change? :/

Why. I'd kill for a Tinkmaster.

Known as one of the best legendaries for a lot of druids and covers one of druids weakness of lacking hard removal. You should really do some research before disenchanting something like that. Almost/just as bad as disenchanting a Sylvanas or Nat Pagle for 400.
Edited by Kaww on 2/17/2014 9:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
He means he got a second one after he spent dust for his first one. I'd been following the thread myself and I likely would have asked if he'd gone crazy when he mentioned that. Course someone also suggested he wait till he drew his next legendary to try and prevent that scenario from happening. *shrugs*
Reply Quote
Edit: 5 wins out of 30 games. Opinion still stands.

This deck is horrible if you don't get an immaculate draw. Almost no way to recover when this !@#$ing RNG nightmare decides to give you everything that costs 7 and up in your opening hand even with a %^-*ing mulligan.

I won 1 game out of 10 with this deck and it was due to horrible draws every !@#$ing time. If your initial draw + mulligan suck, just %^-*ing concede because this deck is gonna go nowhere.

I was playing card for card this list Save the Bloodmage Thalanos. I have a Geomancer in there (which is a suitable replacement) Not gonna waste 1600 dust on a legendary that is marginal at best.

2 Innervate
2 Moonfire
2 Claw
2 Wrath
2 Wild Growth
2 Power of the Wild
1 Kobold Geomancer
2 Harvest Golem
2 Violet Teacher
2 Swipe
2 Keeper of the Grove
1 Bite
2 Gadgetzan Auctioneer
2 Azure Drake
2 Ancient of Lore
1 Ysera
1 Cenarius

Took 4 games before I even saw a Violet Teacher or a Gadgetzan Auctioneer.

This deck is just bad all around.
If you lose board presence, just concede your not getting it back.
If your draw + mulligan is bad, concede you're gonna lose, quickly.
Get hit by early removal, concede you can't catch up.

You end up wasting spells just to even out and by the time you do its too late because you have nothing left at that point. If the engine isn't going by turn 4 you just flat out lose. I give props to the deck when it goes off' it goes off spectacularly but you need far too many pieces to make that happen.
Edited by StingWraith on 2/18/2014 3:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thalnos is about the card draw, too. I'd probably put in a loot hoarder over the geomancer if I didn't have Thalnos.
Reply Quote
Have you considered Savagery over bite? More effective multiple removal or taking less damage. Plus, it's good with the auctioneers since it is a 1 mana spell.
Reply Quote
02/18/2014 01:29 PMPosted by Zaeya
Thalnos is about the card draw, too. I'd probably put in a loot hoarder over the geomancer if I didn't have Thalnos.

I thought about that, but with as much card draw is in this deck I thought it was redundant. So I opted for the early Spellpower boost, a 5/2 Swipe is pretty vicious. The only games I won were strictly due to Ysera hitting the table. If she had been silenced or "removed" in anyway I would have lost those game. This deck is just not stable enough for me to trust. Honestly i'm not really sure how people can get ranks with this deck. I went from 22 to 20. (I don't play a lot of ranked) People are talking like this is the end all be all deck, I just don't see it.
Edited by StingWraith on 2/18/2014 3:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/18/2014 03:54 PMPosted by StingWraith

I thought about that, but with as much card draw is in this deck I thought it was redundant. So I opted for the early Spellpower boost, a 5/2 Swipe is pretty vicious. The only games I won were strictly due to Ysera hitting the table. If she had been silenced or "removed" in anyway I would have lost those game. This deck is just not stable enough for me to trust. Honestly i'm not really sure how people can get ranks with this deck. I went from 22 to 20. (I don't play a lot of ranked) People are talking like this is the end all be all deck, I just don't see it.

It's more about early draw than overall draw. If you flop loot hoarder/ancient of lore/ysera vs kobold/ancient of lore/ysera, the loot hoarder is going to do something for you on turn 2/3 where as the kobold is going to get removed in likely a 1 for 1 trade and then you don't have the spell power either for wrath/swipe either.
Reply Quote
I see your point but my opinion still stands. I am working on a variant of this deck and its about 50/50 in casual right now. It lacks the card draw that this deck has and I am considering using the Gadgetzan Auctioneer, just need to make the room.

So far so good. I like the Violet Teacher but I am not keen on stacking my mana curve with 4 drops, so I am using Imp Masters. It can move pretty good, I am not sold on Wild Growth as there were 2 in here and I inevitably choked on them in the late game.
Edited by StingWraith on 2/18/2014 9:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/17/2014 10:46 PMPosted by Drakarnisk
He means he got a second one after he spent dust for his first one. I'd been following the thread myself and I likely would have asked if he'd gone crazy when he mentioned that. Course someone also suggested he wait till he drew his next legendary to try and prevent that scenario from happening. *shrugs*

Fair enough and that does kinda suck, but hey on the bright side its a free 400 dust.

02/18/2014 06:20 PMPosted by StingWraith
I am not sold on Wild Growth as there were 2 in here and I inevitably choked on them in the late game.

At 10 mana you basically cast 2 spells for 1 card draw for 2 mana which is pretty sweet in a deck like this.

2 tokens for 2 mana + card draw, 3 card draw with auctioneer down.
Edited by Kaww on 2/18/2014 11:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/18/2014 12:53 PMPosted by StingWraith
This deck is horrible if you don't get an immaculate draw. Almost no way to recover when this !@#$ing RNG nightmare decides to give you everything that costs 7 and up in your opening hand even with a %^-*ing mulligan.

I won 1 game out of 10 with this deck and it was due to horrible draws every !@#$ing time. If your initial draw + mulligan suck, just %^-*ing concede because this deck is gonna go nowhere.

My guess is that you rely on the combo too much and hold back too many resources trying to set it up. Retaining board control should always have priority over setting up the combo.

02/18/2014 12:53 PMPosted by StingWraith
Took 4 games before I even saw a Violet Teacher or a Gadgetzan Auctioneer.

Just sounds like incredibly bad luck. You can't fault the deck for it, though. This is a very unrealistic scenario.

I would offer more advice, but then again, you don't really make me want to and you seem to have made up your mind already.
Edited by Antares on 2/19/2014 4:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
might try this out

i do think savage roar would help it though. It's nto only good when you're winning, it can do a lot of things or even pull you back ahead for a win when you were losing. It's also extremely good at punishing players who assume they are safe at a some what higher amount of hp left and chose to ignore some of your minions.
Reply Quote
I'm a nubcake chumpsicle but I tried a variant of this deck and went up quite a few ranks. This is such a unique and insanely fun deck concept
Reply Quote
02/19/2014 07:24 AMPosted by Sytar
might try this out

i do think savage roar would help it though. It's nto only good when you're winning, it can do a lot of things or even pull you back ahead for a win when you were losing. It's also extremely good at punishing players who assume they are safe at a some what higher amount of hp left and chose to ignore some of your minions.

I agree. Savage Roar shines like crazy in this deck.

I have a similar deck, and I use 2 Savage Roars and using the first for removal when needed usually makes the other player think they are safe. Or using both with a few minions out can win you the game instantly.
Edited by Zaeya on 2/19/2014 8:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/18/2014 10:54 PMPosted by Kaww

Fair enough and that does kinda suck, but hey on the bright side its a free 400 dust.

I am not sold on Wild Growth as there were 2 in here and I inevitably choked on them in the late game.

At 10 mana you basically cast 2 spells for 1 card draw for 2 mana which is pretty sweet in a deck like this.

2 tokens for 2 mana + card draw, 3 card draw with auctioneer down.

Yes I get how it works. I was referencing Wild Growth as it pertained to my variant.
Reply Quote
02/19/2014 07:54 AMPosted by Flustercluck
I'm a nubcake chumpsicle but I tried a variant of this deck and went up quite a few ranks. This is such a unique and insanely fun deck concept

Good for you, troll on.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the decklist, having loads of fun with it atm, i made a few small adjustments that are working really well for me. went from rank 1 star 13 to rank 3 star 10 in 1 morning.

2 innervate
2 moonfire
2 claw
2 sheildbearer
2 power of the wild
2 wrath
2 harvest golem
1 imp master
1 soul of the forest
2 swipe
2 keeper of the grove
2 violet teacher
2 azure drake
2 auctioneer
2 ancient of lore
1 ragnaros
1 cenarius

I find the sheildbearers are incredible vs aggro which you get a tonne of around my level, but it also gives you time to get violet or imp master out. and since there low minions they start spamming usually have 2-3atk it absorbs alot of damage thats usually right at your face.

The soul of the forest syncs so well with violet aswell so even if opponent uses group AOE you still have plenty of 2/2 tokens to win you the war :D
Reply Quote
I've continued to play this deck and I think I'm ready to make a few adjustments as well... it's not doing for me what it did a few days ago - maybe the meta has caught on or I've just had crap luck with draws, etc... but I still think it's a lot of fun to play. I alternate between this one and a similar in style Shaman Bloodlust deck.

I'm sorry to see that Anteres is on EU as I'm on NA/A server...

On an unrelated subject, I am a school teacher in China, and many of my students have the Chinese language version of this game... I'm going to see how I stack up against them this weekend. :D

(going to be hard since ALL the characters are in Chinese... I'll have to go by picture alone!)
Reply Quote
this deck brought me to rank 7 one week ago. but since then i fell back to rank 10. I feel the meta changes hurt it somehow. I feel like i dont have a good way to deal with the yetis? Any idea on how to solve this? I am thinking about taking the yeti into my deck, but i dont know which cards to substitute it with :/
Reply Quote
02/19/2014 07:18 PMPosted by MacDaddy
2 sheildbearer

if you want to play in top rank remove that card from your deck asap...

Goldshire footman number 2 :D

Anyhow I'm trying out some awesome druid deck if it works I will post it here. Currently I'm testing it in rank 5.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]