Latest Tournament Results-3/2/14

IF Hunters was so OP .. EVERYBODY had played them in EVERY Tournament..

Noone with their mind in the right place, choose to NOT play with the best they can in tourneys, just because it's not FUN..

In tourneys everyone plays TO WIN .. not for fun..

Just like football ... if u play a tourney .. u will never put your best players outside the team .. just for fun .. u use the best u have .. becasue u wanna win..

IF hunter was a 100% win -- everyone had played it ... and then it hadnt been 100% winrate anymore .. still whoever played a different class had a 100%loss to every hunter..
Reply Quote
if you don't know what lionking is, time for you to come to latest builds, and if you haven't seen my name in tournaments is because i use a pseudo name for my games, but if you look at the game accounts, you'll find my name in plenty of tournaments,

and don't get mad kid, you were bad at WoW and your worst here, so I could careless if you dont want me to talk to you again, I never intended to talk to you, because you have nothing to offer me that i've seen.

when you become someone like strifecro or savzj then maybe your oppinion will have some validation to it

all I know if that you don't even know what "op" is in a card game, because I assume you never played any of them or you don't understand the concept.

any deck that has a higher win rate then 65% is considered op,
Reply Quote
and alot of reason why rush decks aren't played in tournament play is because it requires no skills to play them so all the good players want to play something that every move that they make has an impact of winning or losing, which is why most pros in this league other then gnimish or whoever you spell his name enjoys control decks over rush decks, because rush decks you have 2 option, clear board or go for face. I could teach my 4 years old cousin to play a rush deck.

reason why your # of hunters in tournament hasn't been so high currently because there is no control decks for hunter worth talking about.

but if all the noobs in ladder would go intournaments id garuantee you the outcome would be different in numerous tournaments savjz bowles luigezz and few others have been outdominated by rush decks because currently if the rush deck gets a decent draw he normally wins, but when they get a bad draw they lose every game.

most decks in ladder right now have some kind of taunts, and stopped most rush decks or AOE, but hunters bypasses this, which makes it OP.
Reply Quote
02/21/2014 01:02 PMPosted by HellSpawn
reason why your # of hunters in tournament hasn't been so high currently because there is no control decks for hunter worth talking about.

Thank you for proving my point
Reply Quote
bug
Edited by Toget on 2/22/2014 10:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
wow, forum bug. My initial post was a lengthy reply in another thread and somehow ended up here. Nvm me, just passing through.
Reply Quote
Well Hi and Bye! :D
Reply Quote
if you don't know what lionking is, time for you to come to latest builds, and if you haven't seen my name in tournaments is because i use a pseudo name for my games, but if you look at the game accounts, you'll find my name in plenty of tournaments,

any deck that has a higher win rate then 65% is considered op,

First .. hiding behind a pseudo name ... really makes u trustworthy... or?!?

And tell me 1 deck that has a clarified winrate of 65% in HS whoever plays it.

PS. Why are there prizes in the tourneys, according to u noone wants them .. everybody just plays for fun, and noone for winning anyway.

Why use an "OP-deck" and win, when u can have fun and lose...

PS2 wonder why some cards was banned in MTG-tourneys... noone should have used them anyway .. since noone wanna win .. they just want to have fun.. OR?!?!

PS3 i played the hunter-rush 100+ times with a winrate of around 54% .. so i guess thats not the OP-deck
Edited by Luffe on 2/22/2014 10:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
Good stats, worth reading..

Hunter Rush so OP that it cant even place higher than a Hunter basic beast deck in a tournament. But who cares about that, the massive amount of skill less ladder players would rather cry to kill Hunter Rush just because it is easier than learning how to play..
Edited by sp0ons on 2/22/2014 5:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
New Results
Druids continues Dominance, Paladin appears out of no where to win

No US open this week and no posted results for EU open if they become available I will update again.

Hunters: 2 interesting decks.
5th place finish: The I'm not a rush but really a rush deck
9th place finish: Appears to be a giants with snake traps
Reply Quote
If you drew up the hard metrics for the entire Hearthstone game you would have a point, but tournaments are not a reflection of the entire meta, so you do not.

Nonetheless, I mostly agree. Starving Buzzard is the only card I feel needs a change, a slight one at that.
Reply Quote
02/24/2014 01:19 PMPosted by JohnKelly
If you drew up the hard metrics for the entire Hearthstone game you would have a point, but tournaments are not a reflection of the entire meta, so you do not.

Nonetheless, I mostly agree. Starving Buzzard is the only card I feel needs a change, a slight one at that.

It would take far too many man hours to put something like that together. I don't have a problem adding other tournaments into a post like this but I think I would have to start over simply to keep the integrity of the results. Outside of tournaments we have ranked but their is no reliable way to get numbers for that.

So I'm sticking with the managrind weekend runs. Its easy to post results and its a popular tournament which gives good results that I feel represents the overall meta.

If you want a bigger view of the meta http://hearthstonetopdeck.com/index.php?page=1 shows class breakdown. That shows which classes are continually finishing in the top spots in tournaments. It includes the managrind tournaments. It also uses the King of the Hill weekly 1v1 matches and the ESGN tournaments. Neither are really a good view of the meta which is why I don't include them.
Reply Quote
Druid- 53 (5 First Place Finishes)

what does the "53" mean?
Reply Quote
02/24/2014 02:38 PMPosted by MadJohnny

what does the "53" mean?

I was wondering about the same thing, sorry if it was mentioned before, but I might have missed it and well, I'm at the bottom of the thread so I'm asking(like the lazy person that I am). Why are there so many complaints here? I feel the same way as the hunter players. :) Thanks to Shifty for putting these together, I have something to look forward to in the hunter boards now. :)
Reply Quote
02/24/2014 02:38 PMPosted by MadJohnny

what does the "53" mean?

53 is the number of times a druid has been among the top finishers in a tournament. Each week I post the results of that week then add it to the running total. So this week 12 players using druids finished among the top bumping the number from 41 to 53. The 5 first place finishes represents the class being used to win 1 of the 4 tournaments that I'm tracking. So over 5 weeks they have won 5 tournaments out of 18 (1 tournament was canceled this week and I'm still waiting on results for the other).
Reply Quote
EU Open results update: More druids winning
Reply Quote
Hi, may I know where do I I view regular tournament streams? I assume on Twitch but would like to know who to subscribe to.

Go shamans! (On a hunter thread... unleash the hounds!)
Reply Quote
Hunters are OP in ladder that is where the game really matters. In tournaments you can side-board against them.

Thats how the cheese decks works.
Reply Quote
The problem with Hunter isn't that they're OP or anything. The problem is they're the only deck you have to play the entire game a certain way or you lose. Everyone confirms this by saying "copy this deck" or "this deck beats hunters" This is the only way that you HAVE to play to beat hunters. All other decks can be beat multiple ways.

Not to mention if you go to ranked right now, past rank 15 every other game, if not more, you'll face a Hunter...and that's just more proof something should be done lol.

Edit: Also, perhaps the reason Druid is winning so much is because they're the best counter for Hunter?
Edited by Landorn on 2/25/2014 6:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/25/2014 06:39 AMPosted by Landorn

Not to mention if you go to ranked right now, past rank 15 every other game, if not more, you'll face a Hunter...and that's just more proof something should be done lol.

Edit: Also, perhaps the reason Druid is winning so much is because they're the best counter for Hunter?

In my last 66 games on rank 5-7 (i cant get past 5 and never drops to 8) i have encountered 4hunters .. 1 rush!! so thats 1 every 16game or so

Druids have been in top 3 since the beginning, their deck is the most balanced in whole Heartstone and work good with both low neutrals and legendaries.

Hunter was before UtH-buff a "free-win" for all classes ... wonder why those cryers wasn't here back then shouting

BUFF HUNTERS :: THEY ARE FREE WINS!!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]