Latest Tournament Results-3/2/14

02/25/2014 03:25 AMPosted by Wilson
Hi, may I know where do I I view regular tournament streams? I assume on Twitch but would like to know who to subscribe to.

Go shamans! (On a hunter thread... unleash the hounds!)

Right now the only tournaments you can watch on twitch officially are ESGN fight nights and King of the Hill Battles. I don't really call those tournaments but they do so meh.

As for the managrind tournaments. Often times players will stream their games so you can watch it from their perspective. On friday Noxious streamed his side of the tournament (He won) and I watched it. Rather entertaining.

Until they put a spectator mode into the game its going to be hard for anyone to stream the tournaments.
Reply Quote
02/25/2014 06:25 AMPosted by Frostrune
Hunters are OP in ladder that is where the game really matters. In tournaments you can side-board against them.

Thats how the cheese decks works.

The swiss matches (EU and US) don't have sideboarding and that's where the majority of my numbers are coming from.
Reply Quote
02/25/2014 06:39 AMPosted by Landorn
The problem with Hunter isn't that they're OP or anything. The problem is they're the only deck you have to play the entire game a certain way or you lose. Everyone confirms this by saying "copy this deck" or "this deck beats hunters" This is the only way that you HAVE to play to beat hunters. All other decks can be beat multiple ways.

Not to mention if you go to ranked right now, past rank 15 every other game, if not more, you'll face a Hunter...and that's just more proof something should be done lol.

Edit: Also, perhaps the reason Druid is winning so much is because they're the best counter for Hunter?

The counter to rush hunter is heals and taunts. You don't draw either of those you will lose fast. You draw one of them it will depend on what the hunter draws. For instance say you draw a taunt but the hunter doesn't get his owl. The game is basically over at that point for the hunter. Its a coin flip deck so it loses as often as it wins. You get a long string of luck you could place well or even win. Though it won't happen often.
Reply Quote
02/25/2014 06:25 AMPosted by Frostrune
Hunters are OP in ladder that is where the game really matters. In tournaments you can side-board against them.

Thats how the cheese decks works.

Thats why so few plays them at lower ranks ... they are OP .. and noone wanna play an OP deck i guess.

No Hunter-rush seems OP at ladder .. since noone at the rank 25-10 adapts and just plays lots of minions with no taunts or heals ...
Reply Quote
Update: 3/2/14 Holy Priest

A priest wins this week along with 3 other priest finishers.

Hunter: Another Giant Hunter

Very interesting week
Reply Quote
01/29/2014 07:53 AMPosted by Cyborg
wow players with 5-10 legendaries beat hunters...good news everyone.

Yeah. It hurt my eyes from all the orange. How many packs does it take I wonder?
Reply Quote
It's worth noting that the lone Mage 1st place win was before a major nerf which further gutted the class.
Reply Quote
03/03/2014 04:57 AMPosted by Silke
It's worth noting that the lone Mage 1st place win was before a major nerf which further gutted the class.

Incorrect, mage victory came in February almost a month after the nerf. All this data is post the last patch
Reply Quote
Clearly Hunters are OP
Reply Quote
I don't find these results surprising at all.

Tournament players are typically the best players. The best players all have the best cards so they're on equal ground. Skill wins tournament play, not cards.

I bet each of these winning decks had appropriate amounts of the following:
1) Removal
2) Win Condition
3) Card Draw
4) Card Advantage

You know what? Every class has these things. Some are better than others. Hence why Druid is played very often. It excels at all 4 categories.

Want to know why Hunter struggles, #3. Hunter card draw is very weak. But Buzzard/UTH is broken card draw! No, it isn't.

1) It's a combo.

2) Requires a specific board presence to "go off"

Tracking doesn't provide card draw or card advantage. It provides search. It's outside of the optimal categories for a winning deck. While it might give you the means to provide one of the 4 key components, it also has removed 2 cards from your small deck which are providing you those components.
Reply Quote
03/05/2014 02:13 PMPosted by Kayas
I don't find these results surprising at all.

Tournament players are typically the best players. The best players all have the best cards so they're on equal ground. Skill wins tournament play, not cards.

I bet each of these winning decks had appropriate amounts of the following:
1) Removal
2) Win Condition
3) Card Draw
4) Card Advantage

You know what? Every class has these things. Some are better than others. Hence why Druid is played very often. It excels at all 4 categories.

Want to know why Hunter struggles, #3. Hunter card draw is very weak. But Buzzard/UTH is broken card draw! No, it isn't.

1) It's a combo.

2) Requires a specific board presence to "go off"

Tracking doesn't provide card draw or card advantage. It provides search. It's outside of the optimal categories for a winning deck. While it might give you the means to provide one of the 4 key components, it also has removed 2 cards from your small deck which are providing you those components.

Trying to find a better way to say this but, I couldn't agree more.

Well said good sir
Reply Quote
So... I'm bumping this thread because I'd like to revisit this topic.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]