Innervate so exploitable

So I just made an alarm o bot deck, just to goof around. My opponent, a hunter, went first.

My starting hand after draw:
coin, innervate, alarm o bot, shield bearer, cairne, sylvannas

I don't know what a hunter can do on turn 2 to stop the alarm o bot from going off, but I got a Cairne on the board right at the start. It feels really exploitable because I don't think there exists a starting hand for a hunter to fight such lucky draws.
Reply Quote
There's plenty of options to deal with the Cairne.

Freezing trap or Deadly Shot would be the best. (Hitting a freezing trap with Cairne after using the coin and innervate would probably lose you the game.)

If that didn't work out Timberwolf and Kill Command isn't that rare of a combo and would also eliminate the Cairne.
Reply Quote
Silencing owl, freezing trap, misdirect all great vs this kind of opener.
Reply Quote
From my understanding, it was only one Innervate used to get Alarm Bot out, which pulled out his Cairne from hand during his next turn. This means that Hunter has 3 mana to deal with Cairne AND the Alarm-o-Bot before the alarm-o-bot pulls something else out.
Reply Quote
Had to play against a turn 2 Cairne and without any hard removal sans Tink it was an uphill battle from that point on. He healed his Cairne with a Farseer and that was the straw that broke the camels back.

It's a great play against any Hero without Hex and Polymorph so basically most of them.

Alarm-O-bot is a bit tougher since there are many 2 drop minions with 3 damage but like you said if you go first and Innervate an Bot down and they have no answer you can pretty much alarm again on turn 3 thus have them waist that turn to get rid of Bot and leave initial threat on the field. Tough game after that for your opponent or you if playing against it.

Cheers,
CC-
Edited by CaptainCarl on 1/27/2014 6:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
Just a lucky 1 in 100 situation.

The same as if you coin out Mindgames in turn 3 and get a Ysera or Deathwing
Reply Quote
01/27/2014 06:12 PMPosted by Serefina
Just a lucky 1 in 100 situation.

The same as if you coin out Mindgames in turn 3 and get a Ysera or Deathwing

Uh Deathwing would be a seriously risky card on turn 3 in most situations. If your opponent has a hard removal, you've just lost your entire hand for nothing.
Reply Quote
Uh Deathwing would be a seriously risky card on turn 3 in most situations. If your opponent has a hard removal, you've just lost your entire hand for nothing.

special summon suchas alarm bot n mind games does not trigger battle cry
Reply Quote
Coin + Innervate + Yeti turn 1 this is the most frustrating thing you can encounter against druid. Even if you are lucky with a draws you pretty much lost 1/3 of your life.

Would be nice if innervate could not be used so early, but I do not know how would that impact druids decks.
I do not think it is used so often turn 1 and druids tend to use it for theirs BIG guys.

Only an opinion tho.
Reply Quote
01/26/2014 04:22 PMPosted by Drakarnisk
From my understanding, it was only one Innervate used to get Alarm Bot out, which pulled out his Cairne from hand during his next turn. This means that Hunter has 3 mana to deal with Cairne AND the Alarm-o-Bot before the alarm-o-bot pulls something else out.

Alarm-o-bot gets swapped with whatever minion it pulls in, so he wouldn't have to deal with it. Does the Alarm-o-bot return to your hand or is it destroyed? I've only seen it played once and didn't notice what happened to it.
Reply Quote
Every Alarm Bot I have encountered died usually after that player ends his turn. I have killed three of them so far. So havent experienced a Alarm Bot first hand.
Reply Quote
My understanding is that when Alarm-o-bot pulls out a minion from hand, that it "Swaps" with it meaning it goes to your hand while the minion it selects comes out to play.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]