Warrior needs buffs..

Cons to playing warrior

-Worst removal in the game ..Execute is a 2 for 1 on yourself... Just think of it.. How do warriors effectively removed divine shield taunters without getting 3 for 1 or 2 for 1 ?

Example Tirion or Sun walker - You slam the shield... Then you have to run a minion into the unit or waste a weapon charge while taking damage to the face.. then execute it .. Congradulations you just got 2 for 1'ed.. Thats not even factoring the follow up ashbringer thats going to take out another 1 or 2 cards... 4 for 1 .. Say your G.G and leave

-Worst Hero ability in the game or tieing for worst ability with hunter.. It does nothing for board presence .. Compared to like mage who is always factoring in that +1 damage to make trades favorable

-Terrible Card draw.. Battlerage is awful and a momentum killer.... The standard expectancy of battlerage is your damaged health + 1 damaged minion. You arent actually getting 2 cards.. You are replacing your dead card (battlerage) for another card + 1 card. So in essence battlerage is a 1 card draw since if you didnt have battlerage it would be used on a non dead card.. Play battlerage to early and it messes up with your tempo. Play it mid-game and you might miss your ideal battlerage targets....

-Warrior is Shut down hard by mass Taunts and Oozes. If warrior ever became a popular hero in the meta, Harrison jones will become popular and that would be the end of warrior right there. Put it this way, any fool can make a deck thats extremely anti weapon if it ever got popular...

The amount of hardcounters for warrior out there seem more crippling to this hero compared to the rest of the cast.

-With the recent nerf to warsong commander. Another huge blow to warrior. You cant even play a Commander + say maybe a vanilla boulder fist ogre.. Or a commander + yeti...

Bonedddddddddddddd i tell you , boned. Blizzard basically made a change where they are basically forceing a way of playing down our throats. They are saying, If you dont get bloodsails and worgons, Dont run commanders as they would be useless...

-So that leads me to my next point..

For warrior to be even near playable in high ranks.. It requires a ton of epics and legendaries .. Im talking Shield Slams/Brawl/Grom/Carne/Rag/Salvanas/Deathwing.. So hard to get for us freemium players..

So basically us free players are forced to play enraged warrior or die trying. Enraged warrior is a failure and laughed off by the pro players.. Whats the point of even playin warrior blizzard?

Suggestions on what to buff..

-Hero ability= Grant 1 armor to a minion or 2 armor to yourself

-Battlerage = Up the mana cost, but make it work on every damaged character ( friendly or foe). This change will make it a more reliable card draw which is desperately needed.

-Armor Smith= give it 2 attack instead of 1.. Or send it to 1 mana cost instead.. The armor gained is pathetic .Currently not worth a card.. Better off with armor up shield card as its more reliable.

-Weapon Smith= Make the stats 3/4 instead of 3/3

-GoreHowl= Give it +1 durability so it can atleast go to the face once without destroying the weapon.. The way how gorehowl works, Its basically only good for hitting minions.. You cant go to the face, If you do the weapon is dead.. I find myself playing Arcanite reapers despite having a gorehowl in my hand because i know if i use it i cant go for the face if my opponent plays nothing.
Edited by Incinerate on 1/27/2014 4:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
Warrior is possibly one of the better classes in Hearthstone right now. They are a little harder to play possibly, because you really need to know when to use what. When to go to the face and when to use weapons for control. They have some of the best card draw in the game. I can easily out draw and other class (including priest).

-Worst removal in the game ..Execute is a 2 for 1 on yourself... Just think of it.. How do warriors effectively removed divine shield taunters without getting 3 for 1 or 2 for 1 ?

Execute is a weird spell when you're starting off, because on the surface, yes, it is a 2 for 1 card. On the other hand it costs 1 mana. The only other removal spell that costs 1 mana is naturalize and it gives your opponent 2 cards. The great thing about this is that you can kill someone's minion and then put out your own insane threat. That's the bonus to a warrior. Excellent control with constant threat.

01/27/2014 04:48 AMPosted by Incinerate
-Worst Hero ability in the game or tieing for worst ability with hunter.. It does nothing for board presence .. Compared to like mage who is always factoring in that +1 damage to make trades favorable

While I agree that the warrior hero ability is not that great when compared to a priest for example (since it is basically the same thing except they can heal their minions allowing for good trades) it is still a decent hero ability. Armor, when allowed to get out of control, can get to ungody high amounts. And remember, effects like Alexstraza reducing health to 15 don't work through armor. Not to mention with shield slam you have yet another AMAZING removal card that costs, again, 1 mana. It is very common to have 7+ armor and just snipe whatever they put out with a shield slam. Even combined with Shield block you have 4 mana which gives you a card draw and 5 damage to a minion (assuming you had no armor to begin with). That's fantastic value.

-Terrible Card draw.. Battlerage is awful and a momentum killer.... The standard expectancy of battlerage is your damaged health + 1 damaged minion. You arent actually getting 2 cards.. You are replacing your dead card (battlerage) for another card + 1 card. So in essence battlerage is a 1 card draw since if you didnt have battlerage it would be used on a non dead card.. Play battlerage to early and it messes up with your tempo. Play it mid-game and you might miss your ideal battlerage targets....

Compltely disagree. Warriors have, in my opinion, the best card draw in the game. Throw in some Acolytes of Pain and some Gadgetzan Auctioneers and you will have more cards than you know what to do with. I don't use Battle Rage personally, but I have seen it used to great effect when combined with whirlwind. Usually Batte Rage will get used with an enrage deck so you have minions out, then throw out an acolyte of pain and whirlwind and you'll receive:
-a card for acolyte
-a card for each enraged / damaged minion
-a card for yourself (assuming you've taken at least 1 damage), which is another great use for armor. Take 1 dmg, then buff armor to insane high amounts.

-Warrior is Shut down hard by mass Taunts and Oozes. If warrior ever became a popular hero in the meta, Harrison jones will become popular and that would be the end of warrior right there. Put it this way, any fool can make a deck thats extremely anti weapon if it ever got popular...

This part I agree with again. Every deck needs a weakness and there are ways to play around taunts and oozes. However, most decks don't run with oozes, because it is way too situational. Only about half of the classes have weapons, and some of them aren't affected too hard by the weapon getting destroyed. There are a lot of 2 mana cost minions, and you can only have so many in a competitive deck. Oozes get cut a lot. As for the taunts, Black Knight is a good card to have, and again stuff like Shield Slam / Execute will get you through most taunt decks. You'll get the odd deck in casual mode that is complete taunters, but that's just how card games go. As a side note, warriors are still very popular at higher ranks (not as good as paladins / druids), but they are still competing at a high level.

-With the recent nerf to warsong commander. Another huge blow to warrior. You cant even play a Commander + say maybe a vanilla boulder fist ogre.. Or a commander + yeti...

I never used Warsong Commander anyways, because I like control decks over high minion charge decks, so I can't comment on this. You can, however, still play an ogre and a Charge spell for 9 mana (which also gives them a bonus to attack). You can also still charge Bloodsail Raiders and Enraged Worgens. So still not a useless card.

For warrior to be even near playable in high ranks.. It requires a ton of epics and legendaries .. Im talking Shield Slams/Brawl/Grom/Carne/Rag/Salvanas/Deathwing.. So hard to get for us freemium players..

This can be said of pretty much any class. If you like the warrior class then craft the cards. It doesn't take too long or too much dust to grind up a good deck. Brawl isn't required (although it is nice in a pinch sometimes). Shield Slams I would craft. Cairne, Ragnaros, Silvanas, Deathwing you really don't need. My current warrior deck runs with 2 legendaries (Grom and Black Knight), and only one of them is required to be honest. I rarely use Black Knight, he's just a backup (and good against priests for the 4 attack).

So basically us free players are forced to play enraged warrior or die trying. Enraged warrior is a failure and laughed off by the pro players.. Whats the point of even playin warrior blizzard?

I played free for several months in closed beta before I bought any cards, and I already had most of the cards in my warrior deck. And I wasn't even focusing on him. If enraged warrior decks aren't working out for you at the rank you're in try switching out some cards that haven't been working well. Abominations are great for shutting down heavy aggro (just one example).

As for the rest of the suggestions. They're not bad suggestions, but in my opinion, don't really need to be changed. Especially the Gorehowl change. It's a pretty badass axe already. If you need more durability use Upgrade or Captain Greenskin. I've seen some Arcanite Reapers get WAY out of hand with Upgrades. Kills you pretty quick.

I'll post my deck as a reference. And for all you RPers it's called: Don't Touch My Axe!
2 x Inner Rage (0)
2 x Execute (1)
2 x Shield Slam (1)
2 x Whirlwind (1)
2 x Cleave (2)
1 x Rampage (2)
1 x Slam (2)
1 x Cruel Taskmaster (2)
2 x Shield Block (3)
2 x Acolyte of Pain (3)
2 x Arathi Weaponsmith (4)
2 x Arcanite Reaper (5)
1 x Brawl (5)
1 x Abomination (5)
2 x Gadgetzan Auctioneer (5)
2 x Spiteful Smith (5)
1 x Black Knight (6)
1 x Gorehowl (7)
1 x Grom Hellscream (8)

Hope this helps. Good Luck and keep smashing!
Reply Quote
Curious what rank you are with that deck @Zarrack
Reply Quote
The longest wrong thread i've seen in ages
Reply Quote
Divine Shielded minions are a pain to any class, not only warriors. If it's really a big problem, get some silence in your deck. Tirion is not half as intimidating without the Divine Shield and the Deathrattle. Besides, in my view, if you're still fighting for board control at turn 8, you're playing Warrior in a weird way. Most of my Warrior wins end by turn 8.

Put in all the weapons you have, except Gorehowl. Put in Amani Weaponsmiths (they're amazing). The only epics I run in my Warrior deck are Frothing Berserkers, and sometimes Mortal Strikes.

The current meta is very good for aggro decks, and warrior has one of the best basic card sets to do that. Kok'Ron Elites AND Argent Commanders in the same deck, are you kidding me? Just maximize the damage you can do to the hero, and you'll be fine. Let your minions hit your opponent in the face while clearing the board with your weapons. Arathi Weaponsmith is especially good for this, because you can take out a 2hp minion and cast a 3/3 on the board, and both the weapon AND the minion are potentially useable on the next turn too.

For taunts, I'll repeat myself: silence. Many players who use taunts a lot, tend to put in high health low attack -taunts, which are pretty much useless when silenced. Silence them, ignore them, and go for the face.

Every class is going to have a hard time against some other classes, and for Warriors it's probably Druids and maybe Priests, but other than that, Warriors are really well suited to just burst away at other heroes faces for fast kills.

Try this: take out your spells (apart from the possible mortal strikes and heroic strikes) and just put in charge minions (argent commanders etc) and minions that do damage to the hero (leper gnomes, nightblades etc.) and keep banging away at your opponents face. Only remove minions if you really have to, and even then, prefer using weapons against minions.
Reply Quote
Divine Shield + Taunt is a bane for me, So I run Silences. They are golden. :D
Reply Quote
01/27/2014 04:48 AMPosted by Incinerate
Cons to playing warrior

On the other hand, Warriors have the most weapons, which are often 1-for-2 trades, albeit at the cost of health.

This is true. But in and of itself it's not a problem, as while it is probably the worst ability, it's not significantly worse all told. Especially if Warriors get more cards like Shield Slam in the future, to allow conversion of that Armor into board presence.

-Terrible Card draw.. Battlerage is awful and a momentum killer.... The standard expectancy of battlerage is your damaged health + 1 damaged minion.

It could be worse, you could be stuck playing Mage, who have no Cantrips and only Arcane Intellect, which is a 3-cost draw 2. More expensive than Battle Rage and while more reliable, has far, far less potential.

The amount of hardcounters for warrior out there seem more crippling to this hero compared to the rest of the cast.

Warriors have more weapons than there are Oozes/Joneses. Also, they have spells as well, and let's be honest, weapons are almost always only used against minions. Taunts are annoying to be sure, but it's not like you're doing much different from what you would otherwise have done before.

Also, there are plenty of ways to counter Taunt as a Warrior if you don't want to take the damage by swinging your weapon. Silence, Black Knight, Execute, Mortal Strike, charge minions, etc.

Ooze hurts, no mistake, but you can play around them, and it's perfectly reasonable for there to be counters to weapons.

To be honest, I'm more annoyed about the Commander/Harpy interaction than the rest of those. That said, I do think they shouldn't have nerfed the Commander as harshly as they did. This, and the Charge! nerf were poorly done and certainly are a weak point to Warriors at present.

-So that leads me to my next point..

This isn't different from before the Charge!/Commander nerf. That said, it's been shown that "freemium" accounts (including maining Warriors) can certainly get at least into Legendary.

Here's the thing. "Control" in general is often very rarity-heavy (I don't care which class you play, this is the case, even for Priests), and Control is likely the best deck-type for Warrior at present. This doesn't mean that Warrior is inherently weak though. It only means that it can be difficult to play a specific deck-type without investing a certain amount of money or time into the game... or by knowing enough about the game/cards to be able to scrape through with lower-rarity substitutes/have invested in the "right" cards to begin with.

This assumption is wrong. To answer your question though: "For fun."

Suggestions on what to buff..

-Hero ability= Grant 1 armor to a minion or 2 armor to yourself

-Battlerage = Up the mana cost, but make it work on every damaged character ( friendly or foe). This change will make it a more reliable card draw which is desperately needed.

-Armor Smith= give it 2 attack instead of 1.. Or send it to 1 mana cost instead.. The armor gained is pathetic .Currently not worth a card.. Better off with armor up shield card as its more reliable.

-Weapon Smith= Make the stats 3/4 instead of 3/3

-GoreHowl= Give it +1 durability so it can atleast go to the face once without destroying the weapon.. The way how gorehowl works, Its basically only good for hitting minions.. You cant go to the face, If you do the weapon is dead.. I find myself playing Arcanite reapers despite having a gorehowl in my hand because i know if i use it i cant go for the face if my opponent plays nothing.

1. That's not how armor works, and it's fine for Warrior to have a "weak" Hero Power... same as it's fine for Priests and Hunters, even if some might argue they are very slightly better than Warriors in that regard.

2. They tried that, it was far too strong. Nourish, a Druid card that draws 3 cards, costs 5. Sprint, a Rogue card that draws 4, costs 7. Both of these cards are considered GOOD. Battle Rage working on all characters would often get you 4+ cards... even at 3 mana, that's far too much.

3. A 2/4 for 2 would be OP, as would a 1/4 for 1. At present, it can trade with any 3/2 (albeit over time) and give you 2 free Armor, even if nothing else is done.

4. No, you're again asking for OP stuff. You're getting a weapon that's almost a FW Axe (a weapon that is Above Curve in terms of mana efficiency already) and a 3/3 for 4 mana. That's damn good already.

5. Have you considered playing Upgrade! ? Or play your weapons reactively. There's nothing at all wrong with going for an Arcanite if they have no minions in play, but that doesn't mean it's a "better" weapon than Gorehowl, not by a long shot (doesn't mean it's worse either). Reactive use of weapons also means it's more likely you'll get your mana's worth if you're worried about an Ooze or Harry Jones.

01/30/2014 07:11 AMPosted by Rttu
Put in all the weapons you have, except Gorehowl. Put in Amani Weaponsmiths (they're amazing). The only epics I run in my Warrior deck are Frothing Berserkers, and sometimes Mortal Strikes.

Just to say, since this is a "freemium" player we're responding to... Frothing and Mortal Strike are Rares, rather than Epics. That's not too important in and of itself, but it does mean they are (relatively) cheap to craft via Dust, at 100 ea. rather than the 400 ea. for epics.
Edited by Tsenzei on 1/31/2014 12:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
Warrior buff? Constructed is full with rush warriors, so it doesnt deserve to get any buff for 100% sure
Reply Quote
01/31/2014 01:00 PMPosted by ownz123
Warrior buff? Constructed is full with rush warriors, so it doesnt deserve to get any buff for 100% sure

I also tried out this new rush warrior deck, and it is just disgusting...i won 19 out of 20 games i played...it was fun. The sad thing is, warrior does not have another option. You stick with this awesome and cheesy rush deck or quite playing warrior because warrior is just terrible now, you need to have a lot of very good netural cards to play control, and a druid can do it better anyway, so what would you do? Play rush/aggro, no more option, and they are nerfed too, because or warsong commander and carge nerf, so you have to play this "specific and new warrior deck", or you will lose more than 50% of the games. And the warrior just doesnt have high cost, late game minions, i think Kron'kron is the most expensive minion, and it is 4 for 4/3. Where is our Ironbark or the other crazy big minions? There is no option for a warrior late game! So warriors are forced to rush or play aggro at least... and a warlock/pala/rouge aggro deck is just stronger anyway. BUT! We have this new rush deck, which is very powerful so just wait a couple days and Blizz will nerf it to the ground!

I just want to see more options of playing as a warrior...
Reply Quote
what rush deck are you talking about? mind sharing it with us? :)
Reply Quote
http://www.gosugamers.net/hearthstone/features/3667-going-legend-on-a-budget-the-aggro-warrior-guide -this one

You do nothing just going to the face, very fast and fun and incredibly powerful.
Reply Quote
lol op gotta be trollin, if you are bad at this game then you are bad, class isnt the problem.... l2p and you will see, war is op
Reply Quote
01/31/2014 11:16 PMPosted by MTGfnmSCRUB
lol op gotta be trollin, if you are bad at this game then you are bad, class isnt the problem.... l2p and you will see, war is op

Your post is very informative, we all thank you for that. I like you just said absolutelly nothing at all. Can you please explain why do you think warrior is op?
Reply Quote
02/01/2014 10:22 AMPosted by Garthrog

Your post is very informative, we all thank you for that. I like you just said absolutelly nothing at all. Can you please explain why do you think warrior is op?

he just lost to a warrior.
Reply Quote
run brawl
brawl is a must have on warrior deck i think, because warrior can get rushed down easily..
and with taunt divine shield minions such as sun walker and tirion..brawl is a must have.

people will tell you that cleave, whirlwind and fiery war axe can help warrior early game. but whirlwind is a deadhand most of the time.

run acolyte of pain..this card is warrior only draw engine.
acolyte of pain + cruel taskmaster
acolyte of pain + whirlwind
acolyte + inner rage and atk to trade 2 or even 3 for 1.

Warrior weakness would be his minions and some of his spells.
armorsmith is too weak and is not even game changing.
warsong commander nerf hit him pretty bad.
charge is a good spell but its a dead hand and way too weak of a buff compared to innerfire which cost less mana as well.
whirlwind is too situational.
gorehowl should cost less than 7 mana.

Korkron elite is the only good warrior minion..frothing berserker and cruel taskmaster are too situational.
Reply Quote
Frothing is good because it forces the opponent to burn removals or risk letting it get out of control. In my games if I get even one attack off with Frothing it's basically a guaranteed win. Worst case scenario they burn removals, allowing me to maintain board control.
Reply Quote
2x Inner Rage
2x Execute
2x Shield Slam
2x Whirlwind
2x Armorsmith
2x Fiery War Axe
1x Slam
2x Cleave
2x Shield Block
2x Frothing Berserker
2x Acolyte of Pain
1x Tinkmaster Overspark
1x Sen´jin Shiledmasta
1x Gadgetzan Auctioneer
1x Cairne Bloodhoof
1x Sylvanas Windrunner
1x Gorehowl
1x Grommash Hellscream
1x Ysera
1x Alexstrasza

realy god Controle deck, but not easy to play...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]