Not getting through the startup screen

I've only played the game once, a few days ago, and it worked without problem then. When I'm trying now however it doesn't get past the startup screen. If I keep waiting I then get a message saying
Closed. Your game timed out as it was requesting data from the Hearthstone utility. Please relaunch Hearthstone to reconnect

I tried relaunching and restarting my computer and try again, but I'm getting the same thing all the time. Anyone knows what's up?
Edited by shima on 1/29/2014 10:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
In the same situation...Is the server down or smth?
Reply Quote
Same here. Some friends have the same issue.
Reply Quote
anyone tried reinstalling?
Reply Quote
me2
Reply Quote
same problem here
Reply Quote
Okay, now getting the "Playful Sprites" issue instead.
Reply Quote
I have the same issue right now.
Reply Quote
yup...switched to the playful spirits...
Reply Quote
I can confirm the same issue
Reply Quote
Same here
Reply Quote
Same here, tried both restarting pc and reinstalling the game, nothing works… Id guess servers down?
Reply Quote
The same for me : impossible to go after the start screen. Worked perfectly fine two days ago
Reply Quote
Same thing here on Mac. I just played this game not 10 min ago on my PC, so it seems this is mac related.

I did although play on this Mac yesterday, so its super odd, since there hasn't been a patch between yesterday and now.

Fix plx
Reply Quote
Same here
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]