Why play anything else than a Druid at high level constructed?

Simple question. It's without a doubt the strongest class in constructed, featuring the most efficient and versatile spells and an amazing array of minions. Throw some of the overpowered legendaries (Black Knight, Overspark, Cairne, Ragnaros), and steamroll your way to legendary.

Should we expect some balancing or should we all roll druids?
Reply Quote
01/28/2014 09:45 AMPosted by Superanima
Simple question. It's without a doubt the strongest class in constructed, featuring the most efficient and versatile spells and an amazing array of minions. Throw some of the overpowered legendaries (Black Knight, Overspark, Cairne, Ragnaros), and steamroll your way to legendary.

Should we expect some balancing or should we all roll druids?

I agree. All the legendaries are made for Druid as if they are Druid's class minions.
They fit in too well , versus say a Warlock or Rogue.
Reply Quote
01/28/2014 09:50 AMPosted by DioBrando

I agree. All the legendaries are made for Druid as if they are Druid's class minions.
They fit in too well , versus say a Warlock or Rogue.

Yeah if another class plays Black Knight vs a druid then it's a wasted card because druids have no taunts.
Reply Quote
Druid is a very resistant class to the meta, because they allow a lot of versatility in playstyle. If the meta decides that today is going to be anti-rush-deck-day, hunters are SOL, but druids have a lot more options.

Druids don't need to be "fixed", other classes just need to have more options available.
Reply Quote
WTF >_>; Druid is just versatile. That's all there is to it. They were designed to be well-balanced in many different areas. They can aggro, tempo, and control effectively.

Rather than nerfing Druids, why not buff one of the weaker classes like Rogues? They have been long overdue for buffs IMO.
Edited by Caldari on 1/28/2014 10:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/28/2014 10:14 AMPosted by Caldari
WTF >_>; Druid is just versatile. That's all there is to it. They were designed to be well-balanced in many different areas. They can aggro, tempo, and control effectively.

Rather than nerfing Druids, why not buff one of the weaker classes like Rogues? They have been long overdue for buffs IMO.

But you know kids find it easier to drag everything down to their level than to suggest ways to improve-it is easier to tear down than to build up after all. There are times when things need to be toned down, but in this case I agree with you, OP-would it better to have 8 awful classes or have 8 awesome classes? I would think people would rather the latter, but constantly complaining and asking for nerfs for any class that's not 'your' class (and when your class beats another class the cycle continues) is promoting the former and nobody ends up having any fun...assuming that isn't an archaic concept now-a-days anyway, but I digress.

Regarding balancing and rerolling, well, Blizzard have said they aren't really looking to do card changes unless it's a dire exploit people discovered...so if you're of the opinion that as things stand druids are the way to go...then...roll a druid-don't wait for/expect any major balance changes.
Reply Quote
When people start asking for unneeded balance, they just want every hero to be the same but with different avatars. Then they'll start new long threads about why HS has no variety.
Reply Quote
I mean if you are playing at high level you would know that shaman and some warrior decks have emerged to counter Druid, my win rate is something like 20% against shamans in legend with my current deck.
Reply Quote
I think what makes Druid such an (hate to use the word) over-powered class is because they can gain access to mana quicker than any other class, have options with their cards allowing them to play around the current situation (pretty much having an extra card in your hand, i.e. charge or taunt of the claw).

I don't find them unbeatable, but I totally agree that Druid is probably the most played class in the game.
Reply Quote
01/28/2014 10:43 PMPosted by Khymera
my win rate is something like 20% against shamans

Oh thank goodness I'm not alone in this!

I don't think we are OP really. Our versatility allows us to exploit the weaknesses in almost any deck. We also have a plethora of win conditions in our deck.

This sounds arrogant but I think it's pretty true. The druid has a learning curve that is more difficult than other classes. I think this has caused more advanced players to gravitate to the Druid. As such they have created better decks with greater versatility and more win condition options.

Perhaps many of the classes suffer from a lack of community working to cultivate strategy. Many players want to hop from one op card to the next rather than develop their own play, the ones who do tend to prosper. Warriors I think are a good example at the momment. In WoW I don't think there is a more diehard community than Warriors. It's rare to find a player more dedicated to perfecting their play than Warriors. It wouldn't surprise me that their ascension has more to do with stubborn refusal to suck.
Edited by Peripatetic on 2/2/2014 3:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
only thing dumb about druids is OTKS with FoN and roar. and probably swipe.

this is from a mage/priest player.
Reply Quote
01/28/2014 09:55 AMPosted by Mick
Druid is a very resistant class to the meta, because they allow a lot of versatility in playstyle. If the meta decides that today is going to be anti-rush-deck-day, hunters are SOL, but druids have a lot more options.

Druids don't need to be "fixed", other classes just need to have more options available.

10/10 someone talking sense don't nerf people simpley give the other guys new toys i suggest we start with rogues lets give them card stealing mechanics cause i like your shiny late game cards and i don't think you really need them ...........sincerely a rogue who really wants to make a mage taste there own pyroblast
Reply Quote
01/28/2014 10:14 AMPosted by Caldari

I agree. I think all of the rogue's spells should be like backstab and cost no mana.
Reply Quote
It's mostly, like you pointed out, that most of the legendaries are designed for a class that can get to the late game, and druid is the best class for that. Priest is a good counter but it sucks so badly vs. mid game aggro that there aren't many at the high level.
Reply Quote
Exactly mate druid use a lot of high mana cost cards that happened to be legendary(nothing amazing in the basic set of cards when it comes to high mana) cuz its easy to get to that late game.

I find it super funny that players cry about innervates when those are not a key components in druid aresal of tool to get to the late game. Innervate are more of a rush a big minion / high risk moves that can backfire at you easily and leave you with an empty hand and no option for a good/any play.

I still remember a game when a druid played turn 3 Rag...that was shooting me till turn 6 ....guess what he lost at the end ;D
Edited by Prototype on 2/2/2014 1:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/02/2014 03:36 AMPosted by Peripatetic
my win rate is something like 20% against shamans

This sounds arrogant but I think it's pretty true. The druid has a learning curve that is more difficult than other classes. I think this has caused more advanced players to gravitate to the Druid. As such they have created better decks with greater versatility and more win condition options.

What a bull%$^@ my friend... Druid is not a hard class at all... it just most of the new players whine about Innervate while the thing that makes Druids so strong is their board clear, they have answer for everything i throw at them (im playing rogue), my only chance to win is nuke him before he uses that 5/5 tree that draws cards, cus after this point i wont touch him anymore, so i dont think druid is rly hard, imho he is one of the easiest clasd to play, sometimes when i lose to Mage i think to myself: "Damn... i could do this better, i could do that better, but he rly outplayed me, i got baited etc.", but after losing to druid im just mad... cus i couldnt do anything, i was just answering to what he dropped (yet i should be the one that plays 'aggro' deck) to the board and suddenly it was over cus there were 2 6+ hp taunts i couldnt remove anymore.

Maybe playing Druid versus shamans, priests and sometimes warriors makes you think about your move, but if it comes to the rest of the classes you can just drop minions at random. The hardest thing about balancing is good balance between someone who plays for fun and someone who have all the cards and sits on hs for 25h per day. I know they wont buff rogue cus miracle decks will get out of control and i cant afford so much legendaries yet, so all i can do is just whine, wich i normally do only to myself but when i saw your "The druid has a learning curve that is more difficult than other classes" i just had to type few word to blow up some steam...
Reply Quote
02/05/2014 06:50 PMPosted by Skinef

What a bull%$^@ my friend... Druid is not a hard class at all... it just most of the new players whine about Innervate while the thing that makes Druids so strong is their board clear, they have answer for everything i throw at them (im playing rogue), my only chance to win is nuke him before he uses that 5/5 tree that draws cards, cus after this point i wont touch him anymore, so i dont think druid is rly hard, imho he is one of the easiest clasd to play, sometimes when i lose to Mage i think to myself: "Damn... i could do this better, i could do that better, but he rly outplayed me, i got baited etc.", but after losing to druid im just mad... cus i couldnt do anything, i was just answering to what he dropped (yet i should be the one that plays 'aggro' deck) to the board and suddenly it was over cus there were 2 6+ hp taunts i couldnt remove anymore.

Maybe playing Druid versus shamans, priests and sometimes warriors makes you think about your move, but if it comes to the rest of the classes you can just drop minions at random. The hardest thing about balancing is good balance between someone who plays for fun and someone who have all the cards and sits on hs for 25h per day. I know they wont buff rogue cus miracle decks will get out of control and i cant afford so much legendaries yet, so all i can do is just whine, wich i normally do only to myself but when i saw your "The druid has a learning curve that is more difficult than other classes" i just had to type few word to blow up some steam...

You must really hate druids if mages make you think you got "outplayed", lol
Reply Quote
What a bull%$^@ my friend... Druid is not a hard class at all...

I didn't say they were a hard class I said they have a learning curve that is more difficult than the other classes. Meaning the learning curve of how to properly use our skills takes some getting used to. I would say that rogues too have a more difficult learning curve, I never got used to it so I don't play the rogue.

my only chance to win is nuke him before he uses that 5/5 tree that draws cards, cus after this point i wont touch him anymore,

The Ancient of Lore is seven mana meaning we'll get him on turn seven. I guess technically we can get it at turn four but that's rare. Anyway yes your opponent drawing cards late game usually results in you losing. What were you doing the first seven turns? I ask this because the Ancient of Lore also heals the druid so I'm wondering why your opponent had the chance to chose cards over healing.

cus i couldnt do anything, i was just answering to what he dropped... and suddenly it was over cus there were 2 6+ hp taunts i couldnt remove anymore.

Yeah I'd save sap and assassinate for that.

but if it comes to the rest of the classes you can just drop minions at random.

I could see how you could interpret that as random but in situations where they can't be removed can you not comprehend that you've been slow played and disarmed?

Look I'm usually not a jerk about these things, though I'm having a bad week. All I'm saying is that Control is a more difficult game to play than aggro. The druid community is putting all of our tools to the test and use and we are fairing well this season. I guess what I'm getting at is that people tend to jump ship depending on whatever race is ranking and many classes suffer because the community shrinks rather than work to ameliorate how the class is played.
Edited by Peripatetic on 2/5/2014 10:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm a fairly new player to Hearthstone and I have chosen Druid as my main class, not because it happens to be ranking top at the moment, but because I like it's style of play and versatility. Even if it is top tier, or close to it, I'm certainly not seeing it at the moment with my meager card pool. Then again, I apparently was playing a bit of a hybrid agro/rush deck and that likely caused me to only win when I got the right draws. Otherwise I lost pretty horrifically. :P
Reply Quote
Druid is versatile and has a great late game but other pure control decks can use those same legendarys and they have 2 more answers then Druids unless we use Naturalize.

Shaman for example like many have said. They can use every Legendary at our disposal besides Cenarius and they have 2 Hex's to boot and same can be said for Priest with 2 Mind Controls and the same set of Legendary's so their end game is just a bit more lethal than ours. We are behind in the removal curve against Priests and when they steal our guys when its a stale mate we need to have an answer.

Druid is a great class but by no means a god tier and instawin.

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]