Naturalize should give zero cards.

Priest has Shadow word death, which is the same but gives zero cards. PLUS Priest has Mind
control which is 10 mana to kill AND gain a super powerful minion.

Paladin has a 1 mana polymorph.

Mage has polymorph.

Druid has only 2 cards to remove a minion with over 5 hp, and not without throwing the game at the same time. Using only 1 mana doesn't even matter. If it cost 8 mana and still gave 1 card it would be better.

Druid is so obviously underpowered right now Blizzard must have never tried him.
Reply Quote
What 1 mana paladin polymorph are you talking about?
Shadow Word Death costs 3, and can only target minions with 5+ damage. This is why people play around priests with 4 attack minions. Mind control is super expensive. Compared to assassinate, you're basically saving 4 mana to give opponent 2 cards with Naturalize. A bad trade in opinion, but nothing you can do about it.

Druid isn't underpowered. Naturalize is fine. Buffing naturalize to give 0 cards would make it the most overpowered spell in the game.
Reply Quote
Here is what you need to understand when using naturalize. It is strictly for situations where you would have to trade more than 1 card to remove something from the board. Or a card that can provide more value than a single card usually can(some legend cards for example).

It should never be used to just kill a creature like you would use assassinate or other hard removal spells. The trade has to be worth it because you are trading card advantage for board control.

This card can turn the momentum of a game back in your favor in a big way in the late game. Having 9 mana left the same turn to do other things can be a huge difference and more than enough to end the game that turn.
Reply Quote
01/24/2014 11:03 PMPosted by Adam
Druid is so obviously underpowered right now Blizzard must have never tried him

I'm assuming based off this, that this is a troll post right? Go look at the other forums. Druid is ranked as one of the top 3 strongest classes in the game.
Reply Quote
Druid is probably the only class that is fine as it is. It's strong but not OP. It has good removal for early-mid and strong minions for mid - late game. Giving it a good removal like hex would make Druid OP.

And Paladin humility is quite bad since it can be played around.
Reply Quote
Don't feed the troll
Reply Quote
01/24/2014 11:37 PMPosted by Slanderman
What 1 mana paladin polymorph are you talking about?

I think he means humility. Though honestly I don't know anyone who uses that over Aldor Peacekeeper.
Reply Quote
In other words its ok that he has no way of removing something with over 5 attack and thats fine as is. Somehow.
Reply Quote
01/25/2014 10:47 AMPosted by Adam
In other words its ok that he has no way of removing something with over 5 attack and thats fine as is. Somehow.

Clearly this guy is a troll. Naturalize with no card, yah right. Let's give any class a 1 mana remove any minion spell with no drawback.
Reply Quote
I don't think you guys understand the game at all.

How efficient a card is depends a lot more on how strong it is, than how much mana it costs.
Mind control costs 10 mana compared to 1 mana for naturalize, but it's still 1 card compared to 1 card.

And since you guys didn't realize this yet somehow. Calling someone a troll in the stereotypical way that you are is what a troll is. There is 1000 people like you guys on every forum on the internet. And just like in real life, the kinds of people that there are more of are the trolls.
Reply Quote
Not every class has the same card mechanics. Druids don't have the best "kill certain Minion" card in the game. Therefore they have the biggest minions in the game and the best silence (Keeper of the Grove). They just have to deal with big threads other than a Shaman/Mage. So what, that is the good thing about having 9 different classes. Druids are certainly not underpowered. The are top-tier at the moment, despite the fact that naturalize isn`t the most awsome card in the game. However, most druids run one copy anyway.
Reply Quote
Fine but it just seems to me that the only reason it gives the opponent cards is so that it's not the same as assassinate.
Reply Quote
1 mana assassinate on a hero whose focus is big creatures and buffs instead of control spells like hex or polymorph?
Reply Quote
Naturalize gives you a card-disadvantage, but a boost in tempo, whereas Assassinate is the exact opposit. It often eats up your whole turn, whereas Naturalize allows you to kill a minion and drop a Cenarius in one turn.

So, it is cardadvantage vs. tempo boost and both can be advantageous at certain points of a battle. Cardadvantage is always great, but honestly, in endgame tempo boost might be better.
Just my thoughts.
Reply Quote
Ok I see your point. The thing is priest is much better at buffing his minions on top of everything else he has. Druid is only 3rd or 4th best at having strong minions imo. And hes the worst at removing strong minions.
Reply Quote
1 cost, nuff said.
Edited by Freakiishlyz on 1/27/2014 7:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
Since druid has a nature theme and background it is only logical that his cards draw inspiration from nature.
In nature death of a creature is the birth/survival of another. So when a card dies, others take it's place. The circle of life and death.
Reply Quote
Naturalize is secret OP because of the forced card draw. I run a full taunt and heal deck and use naturalize after my opponent has ran out of cards. MUWAHAHAHAHA
Reply Quote
Make Naturalize a 3 mana card with only 1 card draw and it would be fine. As it is at the moment I just hate the card and never event thought of it to really play it. I always say and think "thank you" when my opponent uses it on my minions...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]