here's an easy deck to get to legendary

http://i.imgur.com/c50Vbu9.jpg

it's not a particularly good deck, but it seems to work out against the current meta in terms of overall win rate.

it's pretty straightforward to play. I've even made mistakes and won...

for those of you without money/cards:
  • I don't feel that thalnos or ragnaros is essential to the tactic, but I have gotten lucky using them to turn a few poor situations into wins
  • tinkmaster is important, although you might get limited success using an owl or spellbreaker instead
  • you can probably use 2x azure drake instead of ancient of lore + some other card (eg. silver hand knight)
Reply Quote
Thanks for sharing will put it into rotation this week.

Also do you think a Leeroy would benefit this deck any? Or a Pagle instead of the Bloodmage perhaps since it is not very spell heavy?

Will try it as is for now.

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote
01/29/2014 05:28 AMPosted by CaptainCarl
Thanks for sharing will put it into rotation this week.

Also do you think a Leeroy would benefit this deck any? Or a Pagle instead of the Bloodmage perhaps since it is not very spell heavy?

Will try it as is for now.

Cheers,
CC-

leeroy probably won't do much, but maybe it's better than one of the less essential cards
pagle instead of thalnos is fine if you aren't running into scenarios where extra swipe damage will save you
Reply Quote
The problem I find with these "easy deck to legendary" is that almost every single one of these decks contain high-end cards that aren't possible to get unless you're already poured 20-40 hours into the game(in which case well, you had better be awesome)...shouldn't you be legendary, just by virtue of having spent so much time and practice on the game?

It's synonymous with saying "Easy way to become a millionaire. First, get a million dollars...".

Don't get me wrong here. I always get excited and eagerly click to see what the person has to share. But when I see Ragnaros, Tinkmaster and other assorted legendaries, my eyes just dim.

And even things like Nag Pagle...I mean come on...I'd like to see more people come forward with decks that are:

- completely devoid of any legendaries
- cards that anyone can get the moment they hit lvl 10
- require minimum time investment

Because let's be honest here. If you scored legendaries, then you put serious time into the game and have been in beta since the beginning.
Reply Quote
I'd play some silence instead of Tinkmaster. Plus late game I've been a victim of a Ragnaros that was silenced by the guy who played him. 8 damage "charge" because of his end of turn ability then an 8/8 attacker next turn is brutal
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 01:28 PMPosted by FuzzPop
The problem I find with these "easy deck to legendary" is that almost every single one of these decks contain high-end cards that aren't possible to get unless you're already poured 20-40 hours into the game(in which case well, you had better be awesome)...shouldn't you be legendary, just by virtue of having spent so much time and practice on the game?

It's synonymous with saying "Easy way to become a millionaire. First, get a million dollars...".

Don't get me wrong here. I always get excited and eagerly click to see what the person has to share. But when I see Ragnaros, Tinkmaster and other assorted legendaries, my eyes just dim.

And even things like Nag Pagle...I mean come on...I'd like to see more people come forward with decks that are:

- completely devoid of any legendaries
- cards that anyone can get the moment they hit lvl 10
- require minimum time investment

Because let's be honest here. If you scored legendaries, then you put serious time into the game and have been in beta since the beginning.

You gained two legendaries and are automatically the best at the game? That's just silly. This is a very low budget deck compared to others performing well currently. Sure it isn't walmart budget but if you want that google it and stop being a douche to someone trying to contribute ideas to a forum community.
Edited by Berdy on 2/1/2014 7:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/01/2014 07:09 PMPosted by Berdy
You gained two legendaries and are automatically the best at the game? That's just silly. This is a very low budget deck compared to others performing well currently. Sure it isn't walmart budget but if you want that google it and stop being a douche to someone trying to contribute ideas to a forum community.

He wasn't being a douche. What he said was true. I feel the same when new people come to forums to ask about help with their decks and people either call the deck complete crap and don't help or, basically, just say "take out that Elven Archer and put in a Ysera in its place." He's just saying using words like "easy" could be mislead people to hoping that the cards are easy to get when Legendaries are anything but easy to get for the average F2P player (and more than likely not what the OP meant; instead, probably meaning that the deck is straightforward).

Additionally, there's a lack of decks sans Legendaries, which he points out that he would like to see more of in the class forums. Some F2P players accept that they have to put in the hours of grinding to gain more cards and they would like help with building decks that help them do so.

That said, the OP did provide non-Legendary alternatives, so that seemed overlooked.
Reply Quote
02/01/2014 07:09 PMPosted by Berdy

Agreed, it's the nature of the game that you have to put some money in or do a little grinding to get the better cards, and this deck is far cheaper than most other "legendary meta" decks. I, for one, appreciate you sharing.
Reply Quote
for what it's worth, "easy" was in reference to how easy it is to play the deck
if i was talking about cost, the correct word would be "cheap"

that said, this type of deck might be cheaper than some of the alternatives

01/30/2014 01:28 PMPosted by FuzzPop

I think there were less than 500 legend-ranked players in NA last season
I wouldn't be surprised if the number of people who put 40+ hours into the game is closer to 1 million
Reply Quote
I have no hopes of reaching legendary only playing about 3-5 hours a week, regardless the deck is fun to run with and the more you use it the better your decisions become playing against different classes.

At least you can complete your Druid daily going 5-0 to 5-2.

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote
nice one, I have a half decent druid deck but always looking to imrove, ramp is being countered quite well by most classes now.. I do kinda suck balls tho in fairness.. hehe. lots of players out there who are just flat out better than me. Still, my w/l ratio is creeping up. Lots of fun tho. Always happy to grab advice where i can. Thanks for posting.
Reply Quote
02/01/2014 11:32 PMPosted by starblade876

He wasn't being a douche. What he said was true. I feel the same when new people come to forums to ask about help with their decks and people either call the deck complete crap and don't help or, basically, just say "take out that Elven Archer and put in a Ysera in its place." He's just saying using words like "easy" could be mislead people to hoping that the cards are easy to get when Legendaries are anything but easy to get for the average F2P player (and more than likely not what the OP meant; instead, probably meaning that the deck is straightforward).

Additionally, there's a lack of decks sans Legendaries, which he points out that he would like to see more of in the class forums. Some F2P players accept that they have to put in the hours of grinding to gain more cards and they would like help with building decks that help them do so.

That said, the OP did provide non-Legendary alternatives, so that seemed overlooked.

People are going to build decks with the cards they have; not sure why it's the OP's responsibility to provide alternatives to new players who demand the same win rate with basic cards.
Reply Quote
02/05/2014 12:46 PMPosted by Tangent
People are going to build decks with the cards they have; not sure why it's the OP's responsibility to provide alternatives to new players who demand the same win rate with basic cards.

No one said it was the OP's responsibility to do anything (except follow the forum rules of course). FuzzPop and I were just saying that it'd be nice to see more decks without any Legendaries in them (and not too many Rares/Epics). Providing non-Legendary alternatives that are tested to be adequate helps, which is the point of posting a working deck in the first place... because you want to share and help. Anyway, it's past time to stop talking about everything except the deck.

It's a good deck and, like he said, it's actually relatively cheap in comparison to others, especially since the Legendaries in it seem more "convenience/lucky" than "key." Might even be able to put in Naturalize if you don't have Tink. There's also Youthful Brewmaster for reusing some of the Battlecry. I've also found the +4 Attack option from Mark of Nature to work in a clutch sometimes.

Here's the deck for easier viewing:
http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/druid#25:1;31:2;34:1;213:1;237:2;245:1;329:2;386:2;459:2;473:2;503:1;525:1;532:1;542:1;548:1;557:1;587:2;620:2;633:2;648:2;

http://www.hearthhead.com/deck=25082

1x Innervate
1x Claw
2x Argent Squire
2x Wrath
1x Bloodmage Thalnos
1x Faerie Dragon
1x Wild Pyromancer
2x Savage Roar
1x Earthen Ring Farseer
2x Harvest Golem
1x Tinkmaster Overspark
2x Swipe
2x Chillwind Yeti
1x Defender of Argus
2x Keeper of the Grove
2x Druid of the Claw
2x Silver Hand Knight
2x Force of Nature
1x Ancient of Lore
1x Ragnaros the Firelord
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]