Few Druid changes i'd like to see

I've been lurking on the forums for awhile now and see people complaining about certain spells so i thought i'd suggest a few of my ideas and see what you guys think.

Swipe
Problem: Alot of people think dealing 4 damage to the hero and 1 damage to all minions is to strong and personally I agree. Alot of the druid cards have ''choices'' and I for one think that is the best way to counter this.

Answer: Reduce Mana cost to 3 and make it a choice of 4 damage or 1 damage to all enemy characters.
Similar Spells: Shadowbolt, Arcane explosion (doesn't hit an enemy character but swipe will cost 1 additional mana to compensate)

Starfall

Problem: This spell is useful but not so useful you run more than 1 (personally i run abomination over starfall) but I'd like to see either this or starfire get an effect change.

Answer: Changing the deal 5 damage to destroy an enemy minion would be more than enough merit to start running 2 and it would eliminate the problem of no hard removal for a druid.
Similar Spells: Assignation, Consecration (again consecration costs 1 less mana)

Ancient of War
Problem: Silence is the problem, I do not mind having the taunt removed but losing the 5 health has always been annoying me. Druid of the claw keeps its 4/6 stats after silence so why doesn't ancient of War? Seriously overlooked problem.

Lastly here's a suggestion of a card I believe druids need to survive a little better vs aggro decks

Frenzied Regeneration
3 Mana cost
Draw 1 card and gain Armor or Health equal to the mana cost of the card drawn.
Reason: Druids are a type of deck that specializes in long games and usually runs many higher cost cards than other decks. This card would be a nice reward for playing such a style. Will you draw innervate and get no armour? or will you draw ancient of war/lore, ironbark/raggy or yesra ? Well Shield block for a warrior is gain 5 armor so for it to be worth the mana cost you need to draw a 5 mana+ card.

Similar Spells: Shield Block
Edited by Sillybeans on 1/27/2014 4:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
those changes would make druid unbeatable. All of them except for swipe. Nobody would run swipe
Reply Quote
We have hard removal, it's naturalize. Sure they draw cards, but different classes are different.
Reply Quote
We have hard removal, it's naturalize. Sure they draw cards, but different classes are different.

And that's the truth.
Reply Quote
the only thing i would like to change on druid is a Tauren hero avatar, malfurion simply isnt beefy enough
Edited by ZloC on 1/28/2014 9:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/28/2014 09:30 PMPosted by ZloC
the only thing i would like to change on druid is a Tauren hero avatar, malfurion simply isnt beefy enough

+1 dis
Reply Quote
Similar Spells: Assignation,
Reply Quote
The only thing i want to change on druid is put all monster 1/1, put all spell 0 mana deal 1 dmg on target.
And i would do the same on all other classes.
And why not just remove all hero power from game, it's too mainstream.

That could be cool. Imo.
Reply Quote
The only thing i want to change on druid is put all monster 1/1, put all spell 0 mana deal 1 dmg on target.
And i would do the same on all other classes.
And why not just remove all hero power from game, it's too mainstream.

That could be cool. Imo.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]