Time to nerf Innervate

Innervate right now is a joke. Turn 1 golem or turn 2 yeti and the game is over. All the talk about a interactive game play is out the door with that crap. You get 2 mana crystals for 0 mana with no drawback. That card is just played without any strategy behind it. This is also the main reason why legendry cards do very well in a Druid deck.

Make the card weaker or give it drawbacks. Give it 1 mana crystal, some kind of overload comes to mind, or even lose a crystal when used. Right now you play it turn 1 or 2 and just go on the next turn.
Reply Quote
If you survive you win though. Because they've already spent all their cards. But I see where you're coming from.
Reply Quote
The drawback is you USE A DAMN CARD.

Why does so many people not realize the value of card advantage? It is so much more important. It means that the creature you innervate out now has to trade 2 for 1, otherwise you are at a disadvantage. To get an advantageous trade, you need a 3 for 1, very difficult unless you innervate out very big creatures.

If it has overload, it becomes a dead card. You're basically borrowing mana from the next turn, making it a !@#$ card. You'd be spending a card for literally NOTHING.

As for reducing it to give 1 mana... why the hell would I want 2 extra coins in my deck when I can get 1 for free 50% of the time?

If it gets nerfed any way that you suggested, I will not run it, ever. Might as well remove it from the game altogether.
Reply Quote
innervate and ancient of lore for the same class is just silly
Reply Quote
I think innervate is fine. A compareable nerf/buff would be to make it for 0 mana giving you 1 mana but with 1 mana overload and draw 1 card. What do you think? I don't think they will change the card anyway...
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 01:56 AMPosted by Drobot
If you survive you win though. Because they've already spent all their cards. But I see where you're coming from.

Not true. They don't stop dropping threats or clearing your board just because they used an innervate early, they still draw cards every turn and can draw more with wrath, ancient of lore and neutrals cards.

They can heal too and clear your board, resetting board control if they need to.

I don't know if nerfing innervate would be effective, since they still have the strongest, most consistent and high utility class cards, but something needs to be done soon before everyone ends up playing Druid just to be competitive against other Druids.
Reply Quote
druids are hard to master, nuff said. not nerf needed
Reply Quote
i main druid and i dont even use it ...
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 01:37 AMPosted by Blauwhuid
Innervate right now is a joke. Turn 1 golem or turn 2 yeti and the game is over. All the talk about a interactive game play is out the door with that crap. You get 2 mana crystals for 0 mana with no drawback. That card is just played without any strategy behind it. This is also the main reason why legendry cards do very well in a Druid deck.

Make the card weaker or give it drawbacks. Give it 1 mana crystal, some kind of overload comes to mind, or even lose a crystal when used. Right now you play it turn 1 or 2 and just go on the next turn.

''That card is just played without any strategy behind it''

You're obviously clueless. Stay off the forums ty.
Reply Quote
Generally I just coin into Ancient Watcher and then silence it with Owl. See, any class can have the equivalent of a turn 2 Yeti.
Reply Quote
Late game get two innervate in a row, gg you have no card.

Use one at most for me.
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 01:37 AMPosted by Blauwhuid
This is also the main reason why legendry cards do very well in a Druid deck.

The reason why so many legendary cards do well is because most druid decks are control. We extend play to the late game where Legendaries make the difference. Hell I do that on my Mage, control lends itself to big plays at the endgame.
Edited by Peripatetic on 1/30/2014 9:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
recently in arena i had 2 innervates + coin with a an ancient of war in my first hand which i used at turn 3 and won me the game. the warrior opponent couldnt do ANYTHING against a 10 hp minion lol now thats not OP at all, totally balanced
Reply Quote
I was knocked off my chair when I first saw a druid innvervate and exceed his mana crystal maximum(for the first time).

I always assumed that it gives you 2 mana crystals, but doesn't let you exceed your current maximum. When I first read the description, that's exactly what I assumed. Oh how wrong I was.

I'm still a beginner player but I do kinda feel that, that's how innervate should work.
Reply Quote
I use Innervate and wild growth for a lot of the strategy of my deck buddy. I sometimes even save two innervates and use them at the same time.

Isn't the game a little new to be crying OP though? You couldn't possibly have tried to build very many counter decks at this point.

I think Druid synergy is pretty good compared to the other classes I just don't know if you can call it overpowered.

They play like the Green deck in MTG, it's not that bad.
Reply Quote
01/31/2014 08:44 AMPosted by Gohanitos
recently in arena i had 2 innervates + coin with a an ancient of war in my first hand which i used at turn 3 and won me the game. the warrior opponent couldnt do ANYTHING against a 10 hp minion lol now thats not OP at all, totally balanced

Slam Execute, GG you wasted 4 cards (:
Reply Quote
Yes pls nerf it i ll be more then happy ...and do u know why :?P Cuz i dont use it :P? Win win situation for me ;D
Reply Quote
First, ancient of war is 7 mana. Turn 3 coin double innervate makes 8 mana.

Second, Inner rage execute can kill that for 1 mana. Or anything that does damage. Priests and shamans can kill it at turn 3 for 1 card, mages at turn 4, Rogues at turn 5, Pallies at turn 2 + any damage source. Warlock removes it for 1 mana with corruption. Druids can remove it with 1 mana naturalize, anyone who runs tinkmaster can soft remove it for 3. Hunters can remove it for 3 with deadly shot.

Go ahead, use your entire hand getting out an AoW on turn 3. Then I'll laugh as I watch you concede when I remove it with one spell.
Reply Quote
Make Innervate Cost 3 Give 5 Mana. Its the exact same thing but you cant combo into anything strong on turn 1 even with coin
Reply Quote
Yes and all removal cards are of equal mana cost of the minion they remove... Go complain about something thats really broken.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]