Time to nerf Innervate

I use to play very aggressive and do something like this myself but found out if you run into someone who can take care of it your left for dead and might as well gg (happens enough to me to make the play bad >50%), so as pointed out I prefer to keep them for later now, card advantage is massive (still new at the game).
Edited by GrantMeDeath on 2/2/2014 4:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
innervate is fine. just noob players who dont have the right cards
Reply Quote
seriously, innervate is the least of whats strong about druid.

the only card druids really need balancing with is swipe, other than that theyre perfectly balanced and other classes are under.
Reply Quote
sap.........druid tears are delicious
Reply Quote
The good thing about hearthstone is that it's really bringing new players to the CCG environment.

The bad thing is that said players have a lot to learn and say some silly things.

Innervate is not OP. Used wrong, you give your opponent an easy 2:1, or even 3:1 trade.
Reply Quote
its annoying there ways to deal with early innvervate threats with any class but if you dont have any answers its ver frusturating... especially when they follow there play up later on with ancient of lore
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 02:27 AMPosted by biz
innervate and ancient of lore for the same class is just silly

Yep there is no downside to innervate when there is ancient of lore.
Edited by TheMerciless on 6/18/2014 8:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm all for nerfing Innervate, if we can nerf the Shaman's Mana Tide totem and the Gadgetzan Auctioneer while we're at it.
Reply Quote
I used to think it was really cool to get a big minion at turn 1/2. And yes, it works sometimes. But more often as I climb the ladder, bad things happen. I innervate out a druid of the claw, only for the opponent to remove it with some card or the other. Many classes have hard removals (druid is not one of them).

I then realized the folly of relying on big creatures. They're prime targets for removal and I just wasted 2/3 cards for nothing. The warrior for example can kill me with just 1 mana! It's ridiculous.

So yeah, innervating out a big dude is a risk. If it doesn't pay off you lose a LOT of momentum. You lose the cards, the minion and you look like a complete fool as well.

Most people don't like to play risky stuff.
Reply Quote
^== That's exactly why Innervate is fine as is.

Every time you use it, the risk is that the creature can be dealt with quicker. It's also why you have to be very cautious when fielding minions.

Sure the Ironbark is a really big dude, that will slow down most everything, but it's incredibly easy to turn that tree into a well crafted dining room table with chairs.
Reply Quote
This thread is funny. Everyone and their dog whined about miracle rogues, how much it needs nerf and how broken it is. Now Meta begins to shift - naturally, without any intervention on Blizzard's part -- toward double combo druids and freeze mages. Which is exactly what the decent players were saying: "Leave Miracle alone, the meta will shift on its own".

Now instead of learning from this example and adapting people starts to cry nerft the second the meta starts to shift, mainly because they face the deck more often and they notice its strengths and -- god forbid -- they loose to these strengths...

So how about instead of another "Nerf!!!!111!" cry you actually tweak your deck to be able to deal with turn 1 yeti, and mulligan accordingly?
Reply Quote
06/18/2014 10:22 PMPosted by Hooveheimer
This thread is funny. Everyone and their dog whined about miracle rogues, how much it needs nerf and how broken it is. Now Meta begins to shift - naturally, without any intervention on Blizzard's part -- toward double combo druids and freeze mages. Which is exactly what the decent players were saying: "Leave Miracle alone, the meta will shift on its own".

Now instead of learning from this example and adapting people starts to cry nerft the second the meta starts to shift, mainly because they face the deck more often and they notice its strengths and -- god forbid -- they loose to these strengths...

So how about instead of another "Nerf!!!!111!" cry you actually tweak your deck to be able to deal with turn 1 yeti, and mulligan accordingly?

Actually, this thread is like four months old, some moron necro'd it.

Innervate is perfectly balanced.
Reply Quote
oh my good i got bad rng nerf this card.....seriously trolls gtfo :facepalm:
Reply Quote
Innervate is fine. You use a CARD to get some extra mana. So it is not without drawbacks. That's why I have 2 Ancient of Lore and 2 Nourish. I never run out of cards, but I still get my big guns early.
Reply Quote
No i think innervate is a fair card, if you turn 1 yeti you're down in cards right? And you have nothing to do the following turn.That is the draw back. So i think it is just fair. Whats not fair is the keeper of the grove it should be 1 mana less making it 3 to cast, see shaman and warrior have their 2/4 at 3 mana so i think keeper of the grove should be at 3 mana also xD
Reply Quote
It's a 4/5...

How is it any different from watcher/owl?
Reply Quote
01/31/2014 08:44 AMPosted by Gohanitos
recently in arena i had 2 innervates + coin with a an ancient of war in my first hand which i used at turn 3 and won me the game. the warrior opponent couldnt do ANYTHING against a 10 hp minion lol now thats not OP at all, totally balanced

A couple weeks back I won a match with warrior on turn 4. Here's a screen, fun times!

http://imgur.com/RfCXgP5

Super luck wins can happen for any class...RNGstone is RNG.

All he needed was an execute and 1 damage, or a silence...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]