Warlock Decks: Murloc Rush or nothing?

I just began trying to play a Warlock deck for really the first time since I've been playing and I have watched many players be successful with the murloc rush strategy. I was wondering if there are other deck builds that are equally successful as I have copied practically every deck I can find and all of them seem weak in comparison to other classes. I even had difficulty beating the expert AI with Lock decks. So My question is, Am I merely inexperienced with warlock deck construction and play style or is the Murloc rush deck really the only powerful strategy for this class? Kind and objective responses are greatly appreciated!
Edited by Merlin on 1/29/2014 8:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
Giants Warlock decks work too. IMO murlocks are the way to go if you don't have 4k dust, and even still, IMO murlocks are still the way to go.
Reply Quote
01/29/2014 09:05 PMPosted by Greedily
Giants Warlock decks work too. IMO murlocks are the way to go if you don't have 4k dust, and even still, IMO murlocks are still the way to go.
thank you for the reply. I guess I'll start working on filling out all of the murloc cards...
Reply Quote
Disgusting. Why do the demons seem to suck so much?
Reply Quote
01/29/2014 09:22 PMPosted by Fawxkitteh
Disgusting. Why do the demons seem to suck so much?
I became a bit frustrated with the class today. I copied at least 5 online deck builds and I wasn't even able to beat the Expert AI with this class. I thought it was something I was doing wrong and who knows? That may still be the case. I do not know enough about CCG's to be able to give an educated opinion on this and so here I am, shamelessly begging for help, lol!
Reply Quote
Murlocs do indeed seem to be the best bet for a successful Warlock. Theres a few reasons why:

Murlocs, like every other weenie rush deck, lend themselves to early hand burnouts. Warlocks are uniquely equipped to deal with this via hero power.

The (largely) Warlock specific minion class Demon is overall subpar to other minion classes, or even generic minions. The best Demons are the 1 costers and are easily slotted into a generic Murloc deck.

The deck is comparatively cheap to build, esp. considering the Murloc legendary is a reward for collecting every other Murloc (only one epic in the whole bunch!)

Finally, the deck is easy to pilot. No big combos, no complex strategies. Just unload your hand every round, using your 3-4 spells to knock out the opponents taunts and big threats.

All of this makes me very sad as I started playing Hearthstone with the intent of making a bad@$$ Demon deck, only to be sorely disappointed by the selection of Demons in the game. I'm holding out hope for better Demons in future expansions though, time will tell!
Reply Quote
The entire lot of the Demons all have to be reworked to make them fit more into a Warlock deck...Why would a Warlock use Murlocks? Demons are their forte.
The Pit Lord specifically needs a total makeover. I no of no one that uses that card, meaning it needs an overhaul.
Even with the Demons I use they are just out of sorts that I use nothing associated with summoning them. Just use the 4 damage power minions and you are a 70-30 winner split.
Edited by Nemesis on 1/29/2014 11:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/29/2014 08:46 PMPosted by Merlin
I was wondering if there are other deck builds that are equally successful

Warlock aggro rush (no murloc) and Giant Lock.

01/29/2014 08:46 PMPosted by Merlin
I even had difficulty beating the expert AI with Lock decks.

With a warlock rush deck I've beat all the AI Experts on turn 6. (really constant on turn 6 the finishing blow, except against one it was on turn 7) While I was doing this for the 100 Gold reward.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]