Windowed mode second screen bug

When running a second screen and hearthstone in windowed mode the cursor is about an inch away from where it clicks.

Example: I run a main screen for work and like to have Hearthstone in a window on my second screen (both 24+ inch monitors) however when I set any windowed resolution I cannot click on the buttons, I have to scroll my mouse (the hand pointer) about an inch above the buttons to interact with them. If I try it windowed on my main screen it’s correct.

I have tried adjusting the orientation and snapping my second screen to the top and the bottom of the framework but neither works.

Mac OS X Mavericks
Reply Quote
I've been experiencing the same problem. Further, I can't seem to switch to resolutions that are higher than my primary monitor's maximum.
Reply Quote
It's bugged for me to. Latest Macbook Pro 15" with full spec running Mavericks.
Reply Quote
It's been like this since beta. it's super annoying, but I reckon it's a low priority fix.
Reply Quote
I have the same problem except i have to move my mouse about 3 inches below the buttons
Edited by GlazedDounut on 6/13/2014 9:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yes, I have this problem as well. The game thinks it is full screen on the monitor, so the exact differences that the buttons are off it is a non issue. For some reason, when you drag a window off your primary, the pixel mappings are remapped to a full screen.

Imagine you have hearthstone full screen on the secondary monitor. Then move your cursor to where the buttons should be; you will notice that the buttons will trigger when your cursor hovers over where they should be if full screen. Except its not fullscreen its windowed...

It should be an easy fix.
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
Do you have your game resolution set to the same as your monitors, and do both screens have the same resolution? I had this issue when I first started playing,b ut simply changing the resolution fixed it.
Reply Quote
Only one of the resolution options correspond between the two and it makes my screen look terrible. On top of that it still didn't work.
Reply Quote
Bump… Update on the status of this issue?

Mac OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)

15” MacBook Pro Retina (Mid 2012)
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro10,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Boot ROM Version: MBP101.00EE.B02
SMC Version (system): 2.3f36

Intel HD Graphics 4000:
Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1024 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0166
Revision ID: 0x0009
gMux Version: 3.2.19 [3.2.8]

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M:
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x8
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0fd5
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: 3688
gMux Version: 3.2.19 [3.2.8]

Displays:

Color LCD:
Display Type: Retina LCD
Resolution: 2880 x 1800
Retina: Yes
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes

M2362D:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Rotation: Supported

VX2439wm:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz (1080p)
Display Serial Number: RKB102500456
Rotation: Supported
Television: Yes
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]