Can we nerf unleash the hounds?

I'm sick of it being 100% of the reason a hunter wins. Buzzard + unleash the hounds and god help you if he has a knife juggler active too. Board clear+ridiculous card draw+aoe or face smash. Theres a reason UTH was so expensive before hand, I think blizzard forgot. The card itself isn't OP, its synergies are though.
Reply Quote
agree, it's too frustrating to play against and non-interactive as hell
buffing UTH was retarded and against blizzard's policy

now they even ruin arena runs cuz it's not hard to combo hiena + uth or hiena + buzzard and it flips the table every time, ofc there's no playing around it cuz u never know when it comes (starts with turn 4)
Reply Quote
How can à 2 draw, 2 1/1 beasts ..... For 2 card that cost 4 mana be OP??
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 05:46 AMPosted by Luffe
How can à 2 draw, 2 1/1 beasts ..... For 2 card that cost 4 mana be OP??

They have charge and it takes up very little space in your deck, so you have a lot more room for other cards.

If the hounds didn't have charge, there wouldn't be a problem. Hunters wouldn't be able to buff Hyena to 30 damage in one turn, they wouldn't be able to clear an entire board, they wouldn't be able to do the dumb combo with Leeroy Jenkins and they wouldn't be encouraged to simply not remove the opponent's smaller minions.
Reply Quote
I heartily agree with Greedyjuju that the hounds shouldn't have charge.

It's either charge OR being a Beast class type, but I find that I can appreciate the beast synergy of UtH, be it draw cards, getting buffed, or whatever.

The charge mechanic makes it a bit overpowered and hard to recover from Hunter Rush.
Reply Quote
''Zomgz we don't like *OTK*, so we'll nerf, to then BUFF UtH to do EXACTLY THAT''

Unskilled Hunters.
Reply Quote
All classes have OTK-combos
Hunters need help of clueless noobs that overextend their minions To success

Prisets can do their 30/30 minions all by themselfs
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 08:34 AMPosted by Luffe

Its not an OTK combo that I care about. I care about hunters ability to basically force you to never play a board. The whole game you're just looking to keep hunters from being able to effectively use a card that says, " do X damage and draw X cards and buff X minions where X is the number of minions the enemy has on the field"

every other board clear card in the game is just a board clear, not a drawing/buffing engine too.
Reply Quote
I really don't understand how there can be people doubting that UtH needs to be nerfed.

This particular hunter deck, that dominates the current meta, is just a faceroll..
They just wait for the combo cards, throw them in the right order, and win.
Everytime the same thing. It's not even interesting anymore..
If you are lucky to pick the right cards for drawing and clearing you might be able to regain advantage and finish it. Otherwise you're helpless struggling to square the circle.
Reply Quote
The second I see a hunter playing charge cards, I know where it's going.
Sure enough, it eventually turns into Starving Buzzard + Unleash the Hounds + Dire Wolf Alpha Plus + Owl to kill my taunt and....

Here, enjoy the free win, Mr. Hunter. I'm gone. No need for me to stick around.

Honestly, I wish, sometimes, that I could convey my annoyance better. They need to understand that some of these wins are not earned through a hard-fought, quality match, they're given to them because the other player is too disgusted to stick around.
Reply Quote
I do not usually cry for nerfs in the games I play. I really dont. But the combo Buzzard + Timberwolf + Hounds is a bit much.
Reply Quote
So you think getting a 3,4 or even a 5 card combo is EASY to get in this game... must tell u it AIN'T

Only reason hunter-rush is so effective it's because all the noob-players come here and cry about it.

If they did like most people in rank 5 and below do ... Adapt their decks and their playstyle when facing a hunter .. hunter-rush is easy countered.

I myself play the infamous hunter-rush-deck (always played it, even when UtH costed 4 mana) and from rank 25- (6-7) that deck is hillarious, since noone cares to adapt against it ...

THEN BAM ... BOOM .... CRASH suddenly you are up against good players, that instead of crying, adapt and play smart ... you hit a brick wall..

my last 30 games in rank 6-5 was 50/50 and of those 30 games i encountered 3 hunters ..

conclusion:

Hunter-rush with UtH (even though its very unusual to get a good combo) is:

Extremly good ........................ against forum-crying noob-players

as any other deck ................... against the semi-good players that adapt

almost useless ....................... against good players that adapt and play smart
Reply Quote
01/31/2014 04:05 AMPosted by Luffe
So you think getting a 3,4 or even a 5 card combo is EASY to get in this game... must tell u it AIN'T

how hard is your combo to get when you start the game with 4-5 cards and your unleash the hounds/buzzard combo draws another 4-8?

you can use tracking to sift through another 6 cards....

there are only 30 cards total.....basic math is hard stuff.

01/31/2014 04:05 AMPosted by Luffe
THEN BAM ... BOOM .... CRASH suddenly you are up against good players, that instead of crying, adapt and play smart ... you hit a brick wall..

Yup, the brick wall of decks filled with epic and legendary cards. Even UtH and all of the skill that it requires to play (lol) cannot break through the wall of cash of the people that play in that bracket.

It surely doesnt mean Unleash the Hounds is acceptable. Its unacceptable that it was ever released in the state its in. If this is the best quality control their testers can do, good luck.
Edited by Grimjack on 1/31/2014 4:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
Again another thread on UtH where nothing new was said.
Edited by Dandin on 1/31/2014 5:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/31/2014 04:41 AMPosted by Grimjack

how hard is your combo to get when you start the game with 4-5 cards and your unleash the hounds/buzzard combo draws another 4-8?

you can use tracking to sift through another 6 cards....

there are only 30 cards total.....basic math is hard stuff.

Yup, the brick wall of decks filled with epic and legendary cards. Even UtH and all of the skill that it requires to play (lol) cannot break through the wall of cash of the people that play in that bracket.

It surely doesnt mean Unleash the Hounds is acceptable. Its unacceptable that it was ever released in the state its in. If this is the best quality control their testers can do, good luck.

So getting the combo in 4-5 Card. Then use it!?!?!?! And if opponent plays smart u get the 4 Card u need in the 2 you draw. If u don't get Them u use the 2 tracking and get 1 in each, without a risk to discard any of them.

Legendaries and epics are as common on rank 20 as they are on rank 5, but at 5 they have adapted instead of crying at forum.

Beside i guess priests ALWAYS get their 20/20+ minions EVERY time, it's only 3 card + a minion, same chance as the hunter has...
Reply Quote
UTH was originally changed because quote "hunters could win without having anything on the board", guess what - it hasn't changed. In the beginning it was alright because not many hunters knew how to fully use the new mechanic, but now hunter decks with the Buzzard+UTH+DWA combo have been posted everywhere and every single hunter uses it. Even i tested it to see the effectiveness and it's a 70% win rate, and I don't play hunter.

So basically before it was bad, now it's worse, because one way or another the combo is used in ALL hunter decks, whether they are rush decks or not, simply because it sooo strong. You get a minimum of 2 cards from the buzzard and there are at least 3 cards that can be used to give them +1 which either clears the board or kills the opponent right off.

So as far as the change that was initially going to be implemented so that quote "hunters may have their own form of aoe" - it has not been made. In fact now, instead of just doing damage you also get card draw, so in the perspective of most players - UTH got a buff, not a nerf.

Yes it can be countered, nothing against that, but not in most cases. And not easy counter either, simply because how many 1 or 2 damage abilities does every class have? Only mage can ping everything at will each turn, every other class has got to either take hits, sacrifice minions, simply to not allow early game damage or use about every form of 1-5 damage they have to get rid of a minion that has just 1 hp.

Eliminating charge would be a good way to fix it, not sure if this would affect hunter severely or almost not at all, but it would at the very least give players that 1 turn they need to play their aoe. I'd even agree to give the hounds 2 hp instead of 1 if it would mean eliminating their charge.
Reply Quote
I don't come to the forums often, but after seeing UTH several times now (and ONLY losing to hunters because of it), I'm pissed off. This card is so ridiculous, I don't understand how it even exists in it's current form. Literally the only time I ever lose to a hunter is when they use even one of these cards. I didn't realize this card would be all over the forums like it is, but I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing the problem. You all seem like you know the ridiculous combinations possible with this card, so I won't go into all that. Just wanted to lend my support to this thread.
Edited by Flame on 1/31/2014 7:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
I just lost 3 consecutive matches against hunters because of this one card. Please nerf it, it's just not fair to have a card there that changes everything.
Reply Quote
It's very powerful in the low ranks, where people don't know how to play against it, or refuse to adapt their deck.

I added two taunts to my deck, upped my win rate against rush hunter by double digit %'s. In the upper ranks all you see are Druids and Warriors now, and the hunters you do see aren't playing the rush deck as often.
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 08:34 AMPosted by Luffe

No they don't. All other classes require 2 turns at the very least for a victory in the late game.

Priests require one turn to place their minion, then they need to buff it on the second turn. At any point between this the player can place a taunt, silence the minion if it's a lightspawn or destroy it.
Edited by GreedyJuju on 1/31/2014 8:42 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]