Can we nerf unleash the hounds?

02/02/2014 05:09 AMPosted by Repefin
Hunter is considered the weakest class in current constructed meta. Uth pre nerf for 4 mana was not even worth having in a deck. What exactly do you want to nerf.

That somebody can be lucky and make very strong arena deck with no cap on different cards in deck, yeah ... that's what arena and rng is about. Also hunter is one of the worst classes in arena, you are much better picking mage, paladin, rogue, druid, shaman ...

from 4 to 2 is overkill

3 maybe..

If i'm wrong why is 95% of the QQ thread in all the QQ hearthstone threads in relation to this ability at 2MANA?

You're probably the same guy who thought van cleave was fine with stealth before the nerf?
Reply Quote
02/02/2014 05:29 AMPosted by Qpac
from 4 to 2 is overkill

3 maybe..

If i'm wrong why is 95% of the QQ thread in all the QQ hearthstone threads in relation to this ability at 2MANA?

You're probably the same guy who thought van cleave was fine with stealth before the nerf?

I think ppl QQ because somebody plays this card with buzzard summoned ... problem is how good is this card when buzzard is not worth playing or you just don't draw it. Because often it's not worth playing in a deck, especially at high rankings.

So sure give it higher mana cost, but make buzzard/timber wolf worth playing as well. Because without those, uth at 3/4 mana would be another useless hunter card.

Or make more beasts worth playing ... that would raise strength of those two combo cards as well.
Edited by Repefin on 2/2/2014 5:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/02/2014 05:29 AMPosted by Qpac

Since it's only the noob that come and cry at forum ..
the experienced players just adapt and continue playing, since they know that UtH is easy to counter.
Reply Quote

Since it's only the noob that come and cry at forum ..
the experienced players just adapt and continue playing, since they know that UtH is easy to counter.

http://i.imgur.com/oBJoUBs.jpg
Very easy to counter. Just wait until it gets nerfed in some fasion.
Edited by FxyO on 2/2/2014 8:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/02/2014 08:16 AMPosted by FxyO

You realize if that was frost bolt or wrath or eviscerate or any other common nuke you would die as well.
Edited by Repefin on 2/2/2014 8:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
[quote]

as all spells that do 3damage (as in your case) is HARD to counter

next round u use your card-steal and steal 1 UtH and 1 explosive trap .. and draw a new taunt .. and u have a nice chance to win
Reply Quote
02/02/2014 08:55 AMPosted by Luffe
[quote]

as all spells that do 3damage (as in your case) is HARD to counter

next round u use your card-steal and steal 1 UtH and 1 explosive trap .. and draw a new taunt .. and u have a nice chance to win

yeah dude thats exactly the 2 cards i will steal. get over yourself.
Reply Quote

You realize if that was frost bolt or wrath or eviscerate or any other common nuke you would die as well.

what..? no? 9 mana? Healing myself? He did 3 with dogs + bow and steady shot = 8 damage, i go to 4, heal to 6, clear board, then he kills me next turn.

theres absolutely nothing you can do in these BS situations... and to make things worse hunters have SO MANY kill conditions on you. if it isnt silencing taunts with UTH timber wolves its one kill command (sometimes 2)* with bow and steady shot for 10 damage (15)*

the deck simply has way too many kill conditions, can be played by anyone with little to no skill.

Its not really fair that i have to play a deck like this because SW:D here is a dead card, so is thoughtsteal and MC. But these cards are ABSOLUTELY required for vsing any other class. Literally 30% of my deck is just deadweight vs hunter that i need to win vs any other class, on top of all their stupid win conditions.

Heres another:
http://i.imgur.com/geSzkxE.jpg

He lives with one hp because he can do 18 damage in two turns with 3 cards... rofl.

These screens should be stickied just to show all you rank 16+ hunters the reality of the situation.
Edited by FxyO on 2/2/2014 9:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
Those who play Hunter say other players need to "adapt" to UTH.

But the fact is, the ONLY way to "adapt" to UTH is to play only 1 minion at a time, and that minion MUST have taunt. Otherwise your 1 minion won't even stop half the rush minions the Hunter plays, and you'll still get arrowed for 2 damage each turn. And if I risk laying down 1 taunt and 1 non-taunt, that's already enough for the Hunter to lay down his wombo combo and rush for victory.

I play priest, which means I can counter the Hunter's Hero Power. And even so, it's ridiculous. Why? Because to fully adapt to Hunter's UTH, I would have to disassemble my deck and make it a taunt only deck. Which would be idiotic and useless.
Reply Quote
02/02/2014 09:33 AMPosted by FxyO

Heres another:

He lives with one hp because he can do 18 damage in two turns with 3 cards... rofl.

These screens should be stickied just to show all you rank 16+ hunters the reality of the situation.

noidea what 2 card he has on his hand ... to be a sure win

he must have leeroy+uth
or be lucky in his next draw at the same time u are unlucky in yours.

If u draw "mind blast" next turn .. u win...

conclusion .. he had more luck than you .. nothing to do with the cards value

Some card is sometimes useless against some classes .. beside can't see how mc can be useless .. steal a highly buffed hyena with it...
Edited by Luffe on 2/2/2014 10:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/02/2014 09:54 AMPosted by Dorne282005

But the fact is, the ONLY way to "adapt" to UTH is to play only 1 minion at a time, and that minion MUST have taunt. Otherwise your 1 minion won't even stop half the rush minions the Hunter plays, and you'll still get arrowed for 2 damage each turn. And if I risk laying down 1 taunt and 1 non-taunt, that's already enough for the Hunter to lay down his wombo combo and rush for victory.

I play priest, which means I can counter the Hunter's Hero Power. And even so, it's ridiculous. Why? Because to fully adapt to Hunter's UTH, I would have to disassemble my deck and make it a taunt only deck. Which would be idiotic and useless.

Check out this valuation of the classes

Http://ihearthu.com/the-meta-report-2

and u will clearly see that hunter is ranked on the 6th place of the classes in this meta.

So instead of cry here on the forum .. do as the good players do .. adapt and play on
Reply Quote
02/02/2014 10:07 AMPosted by Luffe

Heres another:

noidea what 2 card he has on his hand ... to be a sure win

he must have leeroy+uth
or be lucky in his next draw at the same time u are unlucky in yours.

If u draw "mind blast" next turn .. u win...

conclusion .. he had more luck than you .. nothing to do with the cards value

Some card is sometimes useless against some classes .. beside can't see how mc can be useless .. steal a highly buffed hyena with it...

if i draw..... mind blast? are you just poking at random worthless cards that only rush priests use assuming i have it in my deck?

confirmed 0 intelligence. justify this !@#$ all you want. its going to get nerfed.
Reply Quote
02/02/2014 10:14 AMPosted by Luffe

Check out this valuation of the classes

Http://ihearthu.com/the-meta-report-2

and u will clearly see that hunter is ranked on the 6th place of the classes in this meta.

So instead of cry here on the forum .. do as the good players do .. adapt and play on

are you dense? that post even says OPINION DERP.
http://hearthstats.net/jan
the only reason hunter isnt higher is because everyone plays druid and its impossible for a hunter to win.

people like you make me sick. please play a real deck, and start losing.
Reply Quote
i lose A LOT .... i play hunter ....
Reply Quote
Holy crap, complaints over an AoE card? Tell you what, you can have my unleashed the hounds...in its place gimme a flamstrike or consecrate to take its place? Maybe we should get rid of hero powers, weapons, and spells too? How about we make all creatures generic 1/1's...perhaps that might make you crying dipsticks happy?
Reply Quote
keep unleash the hounds i just never wanna see you play another buzzard again
Reply Quote
02/02/2014 03:06 PMPosted by drfuzzy
keep unleash the hounds i just never wanna see you play another buzzard again

Make a solid 2/3 drop out of buzzard and we are cool :)
Reply Quote
Agree, 100%.
Reply Quote
@Underpants: It's about simplistic gimmicky synergy. As in, it's really easy for hunters to get a lot more value out of that 2 mana "AoE" card than a mage does with a 7 mana flamestrike.
Reply Quote
If Blizzard makes beasts something other than complete garbage that relies on a combo to be worth anything, then I will be right alongside you saying to nerf UtH - Heck, if they do that, I would gladly let them remove it.

But that's not going to happen. Beasts are complete trash (with the sole exception of the Savannah Highmane) and not worth playing outside of this.

There's a reason why, before the buff, the most common hunter decks were almost-creatureless-control (using neutral minions at most) and hyper aggro with all the charge creatures.
Edited by Detton on 2/2/2014 5:22 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]